Top 3 Globe Writers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Top 3 Globe Writers

Finn, Bedard, Charles Pierce.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

In Response to Top 3 Globe Writers:
    [QUOTE]1. Finn 1A. The Commissioner 3. Reiss Even if they have nothing to say I read every word. Thoughts?
    Posted by MuellerTime19[/QUOTE]

What? No Shaughnessey??

Haven't read the Comissioner yet. Reiss is good.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Will McDonough, Peter Gammons and Bob Ryan

(believe it or not, Ron Borges actually had a pretty good boxing column, once upon a time)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

If it's all time, I would say Gammons, Leigh Montville and Tim Horgan.

Never was a fan of McDonough. Very arrogant like Shaughnessy.  He relied way too much on his connections and passed it off as good writing.

Agree on Borges. He started to fail when he went outside boxing and carried an agenda into his work.

That latter part is the worst mistake a writer can make, in my opinion. Lose all credibility.

It seems like a rite of passage today, though.

I think ESPN forces their people to use an agenda.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Montville was a hack.

One Dave Barry on the planet is quite enough, thank you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Except Leigh Montville was doing his thing long before Dave Barry ever sat down in a chair doing his schtick in Miami. 

Like, 15 years ahead of Barry.

Apparently, my anti-MCDonough comment ruffled your feathers a little. lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MuellerTime19. Show MuellerTime19's posts

I was thinking writers right now. I would def put McDonough in there otherwise and I loved Gammons also. 

Call it the BS Power Rankings, and by BS I dont mean Bowl Championship.

Niz-58 - The Commissioner is Bob Ryan. Thats what his cronies at the Globe call him......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Borges' decline started with the hiring of Belichick.  He could never be objective about BB due to his dislike for the guy.  His opening Salvo against BB when BB was hired was that BB was a bad guy (read: inaccessible to the media, gives terse answers to questions, refuses to use the media to deliver messages) and a questionable choice as coach based on his performance in Cleveland.  The second was at least a defensible position, but Borges didn't want to give the guy a chance because Bill wasn't a "nice guy."  It took Ron years to realize that having an opinion based on an agenda was making him look bad.  Even today when you see Borges on camera complimenting Belichick (what else can he do?) it looks like his mom just made him take a tablespoon of cod liver oil.    

Sorry for the rant.  I'd have to go McDonough, Ryan and Gammons too. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

best all time?

1. Gammons
    2. Reiss
    3. Bedard- he offers more analysis in a day than Breer did in a month