2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Top 3 Goals for SB

1. Win
    2. Win By A lot
    3. Win By so much the press whines about BB running up the score

;)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

1. Balanced offensive playcalling with limited turnovers.
    2. Defense has to play 4 quarters. I love the streaks that they go on with how they force three straight 3 and outs during games, but they have to stay consistent. Can't give up momentum late in the game. (A lot of this is affected by if the offense turns the ball over, however.)
    3. BB has to beat Coughlin. Simply put, Coughlin had a better game plan in Super Bowl 42 and that simply cannot happen this weekend.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Don't forget that it took a total BS PI call for Manning to take his team down for that winning score earlier this year.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

4. no dumb penalties.  If you look at two games against the Giants there were couple dumb penalties where lead them to a touchdown or winning touchdown.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

1. Sustain drives all the way into the endzone/finish in the red area.  No field goals. 
    2. Eliminate the big play and contain the run game.  OK that's sort of two things.
    3.  Don't do anything dumb on STs.  No fumbles or Gostowski embarrassments.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Top 3 Goals for SB:
    [QUOTE]Ok, so if you had to pick 3 accomplishments for each phase of the game in the SB, what are they? 1. Offense = No Turnovers 2. Defense = Stop/contain the run and make Eli throw a lot 3. STs = Fundamentally sound, clean play I think if NE does 3 things, they have a very good chance of winning this game.
    Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]

No turnovers is huge. I would add commit to the run. Run it at least 45% of the time. Will wear them down. I don't have any stats, but I would suspect that defense is less effective when it's been on the field for a lot of plays, much like the old Tampa Bay defense was with Lynch and Sapp and Brooks.

On defense, we know they're going to give up yards. Minimize scoring, hold them to FG attempts. Pick off a pass or two. Knock the suffing out of their receivers, take an unnecessary roughness penalty or two if it helps. Same thing for the QB. No complaints from me if there is a flag or two for driving his shoulder into the nice, hard field turf.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bubthegrub12. Show Bubthegrub12's posts

In Response to Re: Top 3 Goals for SB:
    [QUOTE]1. Win 2. Win By A lot 3. Win By so much the press whines about BB running up the score ;)
    Posted by pcmIV[/QUOTE]

I'd say those three suit me just fine! I hope to see Brady hook up with Gronk for another 3 TDs as well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]4. no dumb penalties.  If you look at two games against the Giants there were couple dumb penalties where lead them to a touchdown or winning touchdown.
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

I agree on the premise, but that wasn't the case in the last game. I wouldn't call two phantom calls where balls were underthrown which caused contact between our conerbacks and the giants receivers Pass Interference. There's no way that the refs can make such blatantly bad calls in the Super Bowl. Then again, I did see the Steelers/Seahawks Super Bowl....

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]1. Win 2. Win By A lot 3. Win By so much the press whines about BB running up the score ;)
    Posted by pcmIV[/QUOTE]

Amen

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from umichfan. Show umichfan's posts

Posted by pcmIV[/QUOTE]

Would LOVE for this scenario to happen!!!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Anyone know who is reffing this game yet?

I am quite concerned with officiating after seeing a lot of the calls this postseason....did you watch the Packers and Giants game? The officials blatently tried to hand it to the Pack, over and over.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Top 3 Goals for SB:
    [QUOTE]Ok, so if you had to pick 3 accomplishments for each phase of the game in the SB, what are they? 1. Offense = No Turnovers 2. Defense = Stop/contain the run and make Eli throw a lot 3. STs = Fundamentally sound, clean play I think if NE does 3 things, they have a very good chance of winning this game.
    Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]

1)No turnovers in general, more specifically though, no INT by Brady especially if he's trying to force the ball when a receiver is not open. In some ways, he's got to go back to basics and hit the open player.

2)Defensively, chuck the Giant receivers at the line of scrimage and stop the run. Be more aggressive with defensive play calling between the 40s. There are no more games. Hit their receivers hard.

3) mix up plays on both sides of the ball (less predictable playcalling), obviously with more running plays, play action, screens (if applicable).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

[QUOTE]Anyone know who is reffing this game yet? I am quite concerned with officiating after seeing a lot of the calls this postseason....did you watch the Packers and Giants game? The officials blatently tried to hand it to the Pack, over and over.
    Posted by FishTaco64[/QUOTE]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Super_Bowl_officials

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

I think a lot of Brady's INTs throughout the year (save for the Baltimore game) was tipped passes.  That can be a big issue with those tall DEs on the field.  Their LB aren't short either.  Tipped balls in this game will be the death of us if they turn into INTs. 

If they can commit to the run and and also not telegraphing the plays by the personnel (Good observation Rusty), that can lead to less tipped passes and unfortunate turnovers.  The more they do that, the bigger those soft spots in the coverage get.  Branch is uncanny at finding them.  Our WR corp are great blockers too...so if the TEs get it...they can get some good blocks for extra yardage.

I think the plays will be there...we just HAVE to take care of the ball...chucking it all over the place, all the time is just asking for more trouble.