Top 3 Pats games that you are most excited for?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Top 3 Pats games that you are most excited for?

They don't have to be in order, but list the top 3 games you are looking forward to the most and why:

Here are mine (not in order):

1. vs Bengals (Oct 5th): This should be a great test for our offense to see where they stand compared to last year (6 points). Bengals have a great D and I'm looking forward to it. I'm also interested to see the D against what is likely a decent offense (both passing and running).

2. vs Broncos (Nov 2nd) - Revenge for last years AFC title game and a battle between two top contenders in the AFC. I'm hoping to see the D unleash hell on Gomer.

3. @ Packers (Nov 30th) - After Thanksgiving, this game will likely be the biggest test for the Pats new and improved secondary. If they do well against Rodgers and the Pack (on the road too), then they should be able to handle any passing offense out there. Also, this game should be a tough road game regardless, so it should be exciting.

I want to add that the Colts game is an honorable mention for me...I could swap that out with the Bengals game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

Re: Top 3 Pats games that you are most excited for?

I'm looking at the Broncos and the two matchups vs the Jets. I'm interested to see how motivated Revis will be to destroy New York.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The first 3 followed by the next 16.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

First playoff game at home (after the 1 Seed bye) against the Ravens (total smack down)

AFCCG against the Broncos at home (10-sack game against Peyton.   He will be treated after the game for PTSD).

SB against the Giants (same stadium as 2007.   This time the game is over early.  Pats win in a rout).

But you probably meant Regular Season games.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

1. Broncos.... Brady-Manning. Contender v Contender. Revis v DThomas. Nuff said.

2. Packers.... Brady-Rodgers. A very tough road challenge heading into the backend of the season when many teams are just hitting their stride. Gonna be a very exciting game..

3. I think it's a tie between Bengals, Bears, Lions and Colts. All of these teams are playoff contenders but not championship contenders yet. All will be very tough matches for the secondary in particular. If I had to choose one of them... It'd say Colts because I think they could be the most talented team out of those 4.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

First playoff game at home (after the 1 Seed bye) against the Ravens (total smack down)

AFCCG against the Broncos at home (10-sack game against Peyton.   He will be treated after the game for PTSD).

SB against the Giants (same stadium as 2007.   This time the game is over early.  Pats win in a rout).

But you probably meant Regular Season games.

Yes, let's keep this to regular season...if I had a crystal ball and could see the Pats playoff future, then obviously it wouldn't be a challenge ;).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

1. Broncos.... Brady-Manning. Contender v Contender. Revis v DThomas. Nuff said.

2. Packers.... Brady-Rodgers. A very tough road challenge heading into the backend of the season when many teams are just hitting their stride. Gonna be a very exciting game..

3. I think it's a tie between Bengals, Bears, Lions and Colts. All of these teams are playoff contenders but not championship contenders yet. All will be very tough matches for the secondary in particular. If I had to choose one of them... It'd say Colts because I think they could be the most talented team out of those 4.

Yours are basically mine. The Bengals and Colts are practically tied for 3rd. The Bengals interest me more as a challenge for the Pats offense while the Colts interest me more as a challenge for the D.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

Yes, let's keep this to regular season...if I had a crystal ball and could see the Pats playoff future, then obviously it wouldn't be a challenge ;).

My Regular season picks would be:

1) @ Chiefs:  Early season tough road game will tell us a lot about this team's character

2) @ Colts:   Loud road game indoors against a young, improving QB

3) @ Chargers:  The Chargers always seem to give the Pats trouble, even when they are having a down year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

I don't put much stock in the Pats-Broncos regular season game.   It's the playoff game that matters (if they play each other).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

I don't put much stock in the Pats-Broncos regular season game.   It's the playoff game that matters (if they play each other).

I put stock into it only because it could matter come playoff time if these two teams are in position to get byes and they have the same record. Home field > no home field

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Playing against the Bears will be no joke, the height they have with their receivers and TE is just nuts, Forte is a destructive RB. The key is how well guys on the D-line along with Collins can get to Cutler, if you disrupt him the game should still be tough but winnable.

Then it's obviously the Broncos and the Packers, flat out those are playoff tests and a measuring stick for the team. We want revenger against the Donkeys and beating the always overrated Rodgers in GB on the road would go a long way for this team!

Honestly though, the 3 games after the bye week in the playoffs is what I always look forward to.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Jets at Pats, Revis old team, should be grudge match on Thursday night football.

of course, Pats vs Broncos again, goes without saying....and Pats @ GB and Aaron Rodger vs our Def on road, great test....later in year , no excuses, get it done.

cant wait..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

The 1st game of the season

The AFC Playoffs vs. the Broncos 

The Super Bowl vs the 49ers.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

+1.
    Denver and GB because they are legit title contenders. The third could be either of those you mention, but also San Diego could be exciting.

Supra societatem nemo

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

@ Packers. My birthday and a good friend of mine is a huge Packers fan here.   He also brews his own beer. Yep.  Damage to be done.

@ KC - Last time Brady played there, he was awful. Tough place to play and always a great atmosphere. KC is clearly a team that could be a threat down the line.

@ SD - Outside of the home match up vs Denver, another AFC West showdown, this road game will be tough as well.  The last time the Pats went there was 2008 with Cassel and a 4th and 1 from the goal line turned the tide for SD, if I am not mistaken.

Those two games will be tough, but certainly winnable.

They played @SD in 2010. Pats won 23-20. SD killed themselves. A dropped lateral from Rivers to a Hester was a backwards pass. Nink returned it to the 8. On top of that one of the SD players received the ball, went down untouched, left the ball, and NE recovered it. Stupid beyond belief.

In the end SD had a field goal with 20 seconds left with a chance to tie it, but missed it.

In 2011 the played at Gillette. I think that was the game with a Wilfork pick.

Supra societatem nemo

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

Assuming we make the playoffs, the last 3 games (especially the SB) :)

JK, for the regular season...the Broncos and Packers.  And, since I'm interested in seeing Sammy Watkins, both Bill games.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I really don't look at specific games and say...oh that one should be good, I like them all, but I'm looking forward to the beating the snot out of Buffalo this year because of Spikes. I just didn't like his comments when he left here, in fact I didn't like his comments when he was playing for us. It will be nice to watch this guy get absolutely toasted by our backs on screens and outside runs. And I'm going to like watching him bite hard on a play action fake.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Every game, I know everybody thinks this way, but we got to get Homefield this year, for the Play-offs. We have a big advantage with the weather.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from umichfan. Show umichfan's posts

I'm excited for all the games, BUT I am especially excited for the game against the Packers since I got tickets and it will be the very first time I get to see the Patriots play!!!!!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

They don't have to be in order, but list the top 3 games you are looking forward to the most and why:

Here are mine (not in order):

1. vs Bengals (Oct 5th): This should be a great test for our offense to see where they stand compared to last year (6 points). Bengals have a great D and I'm looking forward to it. I'm also interested to see the D against what is likely a decent offense (both passing and running).

2. vs Broncos (Nov 2nd) - Revenge for last years AFC title game and a battle between two top contenders in the AFC. I'm hoping to see the D unleash hell on Gomer.

3. @ Packers (Nov 30th) - After Thanksgiving, this game will likely be the biggest test for the Pats new and improved secondary. If they do well against Rodgers and the Pack (on the road too), then they should be able to handle any passing offense out there. Also, this game should be a tough road game regardless, so it should be exciting.

I want to add that the Colts game is an honorable mention for me...I could swap that out with the Bengals game.

I largely agree with your assessment.  Although I'm split between the Cincinnati game, and the game against KC the week prior as I think both will be good competition, and I'd like to see how we respond against such a solid defense in Arrowhead Stadium where Brady won't be able to hear himself think.  Broncos is hands down the big game of the year though.  Much like previous games, I suspect the outcome will hold sway over playoff positioning.  And Green Bay is a beast at Lambeau, especially when that field freezes over as it will have in late Nov.  Great game to set the tone on how we finish the season and go into the playoffs. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

The last three of the year, the two playoff games and the SB we win. :)

Sections
Shortcuts