Top 3 picks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfantiltheend. Show patsfantiltheend's posts

Top 3 picks

Cameron Jordan at 17. Mark Ingram at 28. Nate Solder at 33. Maybe wishful thinking, but what do you guys think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Top 3 picks

I wish it to be true! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

I would be ok with that

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

I'd take that and run like a thief in the night,even with Ijalana in for solder. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianPat. Show CanadianPat's posts

In Response to Top 3 picks:
    [QUOTE]Cameron Jordan at 17. Mark Ingram at 28. Nate Solder at 33. Maybe wishful thinking, but what do you guys think?
    Posted by patsfantiltheend[/QUOTE]

Don't really like that troika, well 2 of them anyway.  Solder will be gone before 33.

I'd counter with:

17 Cam Jordan (or JJ Watt)
    28 Derrick Sherrod (or Gabe Carimi)
    33 Akeem Ayers (or Justin Houston)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

Trade number 17 for  a second this year and a second next year.  JJ Watt at 28.  Two offensive linemen and a running bakc with the second round picks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from vegasredsox. Show vegasredsox's posts

Is this your first draft are you kidding trade the 17th pick for a second this year and next how about the 17th pick for the other teams 1st this year or next year and a second this year wake up people

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxpowers034. Show maxpowers034's posts

60 Max Power O - Your source to NE football - You'll leave smarter

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Some draft-nik folks (I'm not in that number), think we'll be addressing the O-line in this draft as well as a defensive end/LB-type of guy.  I'm not as high on Ingram as most (again, I'm not a college football guy) as I've seen too many pearl RBs who had no hype, drafted in mid-rounds, and kicked buttocks since they've been in the league.  But, with this many picks, I can't see BB not playing other teams like you read about - we'll end up addressing needs this year and next year, and possibly beyond that.  Now if only the CBA could get worked out all would be fine in Pats-land.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

In Response to Top 3 picks:
    [QUOTE]Cameron Jordan at 17. Mark Ingram at 28. Nate Solder at 33. Maybe wishful thinking, but what do you guys think?
    Posted by patsfantiltheend[/QUOTE]

who could be unhappy with that...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wildwillis. Show Wildwillis's posts

JJ Watt over Jordan all day - Jordan will be an effective player in a 4-3 off the bat but will need some work in a 3-4 coming out of school.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxpowers034. Show maxpowers034's posts

The new all Patriots site..check it out!!!!

The new all Patriots site..check it out!!!! 

60 Max Power O - Your source to NE football - You'll 

leave smarter

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

My top 3 picks (after several trades up and down) are;

Patrick Peterson
    Cam Heyward
    Jabaal Sheard

Followed up by Ben Ijalana.

Could we live with this?!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

JJ Watt ( or Cam Jordam)

Brooks Reid @28 or trade for 2 this year and next

M Ingram or M Leshoure

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wildwillis. Show Wildwillis's posts

Honestly I would rather see JJ Watt 17 and Kerrigan at 28 if he would last that long but I don't think he will I would almost venture say trade up from 28 to 20 or so to get him, probably get him with #28 and our 3rd rd pick - lock down end and lock down OLB both tailer made for the Pats D system.  Draft either Lashoure or Ingram at 33. 
    That would be my dream draft.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

I say trade 17 , our 2nd & a fourth to get Fairley.
    With pick 28 trade to SD For both their 2nd round picks.
    In the 2nd draft
    OT Cannon
    Demarco Murray
    Moffit.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bonnes. Show bonnes's posts

Look for them all to be traded.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolltide1963. Show rolltide1963's posts

17 - JJ Watt

28 - This will be traded ( Vikings or Washington) for 2nd rd 2011 & 2nd rd in 2012

33 - Derrick Sharrod

Vikings or Washington Pick - Justin Houston

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolltide1963. Show rolltide1963's posts

Response to Re: Top 3 picks:
    [QUOTE]I say trade 17 , our 2nd & a fourth to get Fairley. With pick 28 trade to SD For both their 2nd round picks. In the 2nd draft OT Cannon Demarco Murray Moffit.
    Posted by looneyman[/QUOTE]

All that to get Fairley ?  That guy end up being there at 17.  He is vastly overated with a huge side order of head case.  are you living up to your name sake ?  Fairley just does not seem to have the stuff that would attract Bill's attentions.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolltide1963. Show rolltide1963's posts

In Response to Re: Top 3 picks:
    [QUOTE]Look for them all to be traded.
    Posted by bonnes[/QUOTE]

That is a very likely scenerio

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

I for one would be pissed if we walked away with just C Jordan / Ingram / Solder ...

1) Jordan at #17 ~  I like Jordan ( JJ Watt more ) , but he's no steal at #17. That's about where he should go.( Ive actually got SD taking him at #18)
      We could conceivably move back , pick up an extra 3rd or 4th , and still get a player of comparably worth... but I could live with Jordan at #17 .

2) Ingram at #28 ~ I've got so many issues with this one , I'm not sure where to start . Beggining with the fact that he's overhyped and I believe there are better and cheaper Rbs to be had ( and better Pats fits ) ... Many star Rbs come from the 2nd / 3rd and beyond and it's there that the Pats should be concentrating. Also - Its best to take players with an upside college curve ( not overworked rbs that looked worse in their Sr year ). he's alrerady not 100% healthy. 
    PASS.
      There are going to be plenty of teams that will want to get back into the 1st at this time in the draft and unless somebody with tremendous upside was available  , I'd rather see them continue to add to their draft bootie ...
    let some other team move up for the Ingram fools gold.

3) Solder ~ I agree it appears he would be gone by #33( due in part to non-abundance of OT bluechippers causing teams to reach a bit ) and sure he looks impressive being 6' 8" , but BB proved you can find top O-Line talent in the 2nd round and beyond ( Volmer ).
      I'd much rather move back , pick up some major draft capital , and then adress RB with Leshoure ( or even wait another round and nab Kendall Hunter ).

Or ideally , move back a bit and land Danny Watkins ( who I actually prefer ).

So ...no ...
     Not only do I think C Jordon / Ingram / Solder plus NOTHING ELSE wouldn't be all that great ....

I think it would selling BB's talents short.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

[QUOTE]Patrick Peterson the top 10 draft pick CB that the Pats wont go near? Why do you have him? Explain how you see us getting him? And why we would take a CB one year after drafting a shut down CB in round 1? And after giving Bodden a 4 year contract?
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Killa if PP falls to #7 I could envision BB going up to get him. Dont forget BB's modus operandi is to take the best player available. Most "experts" say that PP is the VERY BEST PLAYER in this draft but falls due to other teams needs. Who expected BB to take McCourty last year? I can see (or would love to see) BB pairing PP and DM for the next 7 or 8 years, with Bodden either nickel back (which is on the field 60+ % of the time) and Buter/Wilhite/Arrington as dime back or trade bait (when CBA is finally signed).The question is if the 49ers would deal. They need a CB, but they need DT, QB, OT more than a Cb. Only 1 more week!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

[QUOTE]I just dont see that happening. The Pats have a solid group of D backs from safety to CB they just need a better pass rush and this team will have a very good D.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Agree 100% we need a better pass rush.

Sections
Shortcuts