Top 3 teams in the nfl (and best coached teams) i see at this moment are S.F., Atlanta, and Houston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Top 3 teams in the nfl (and best coached teams) i see at this moment are S.F., Atlanta, and Houston

We are in the next tier with balt, giants, etc.

Hopefully by post season we can bridge that gap.

in the playoffs there aint no tomorrow...it's one and done. coaching (and players) have to be on.

we are gonna need dennard, dowling and ridley to step up and be what they can be (and josh).

i think mccourty might a decent safety if moved there. maybe wislon can develop quickly too. 

bb needs to go to the league with all  the footage of holding of jones every game throughout.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: Top 3 teams in the nfl (and best coached teams) i see at this moment are S.F., Atlanta, and Houston

by the way, will oddly be rooting for teh packers this week against houston and dallas against baltimore.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Top 3 teams in the nfl (and best coached teams) i see at this moment are S.F., Atlanta, and Houston

It is still early in the season, but I agree that Atlanta and Houston look like the best teams in the NFL.  It should be interesting to watch the Houston game tonight against the Jets.  I don't expect it to be a very close game. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

We're those coaches no good last year?  How about the year before?  

Except for SF, they've had the same coaches for years and been garbage.  

What precisely are those coaches doing this year that they weren't doing in previous years?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I wouldn't worry about "Matty Ice " in Atlanta or Smith for San FRan...those two guys are either A. Going to screw it up (see Matty Ice) or B. Complete two passes (see Smith).

Houston worries me...a lot.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

We are in the next tier with balt, giants, etc.

Hopefully by post season we can bridge that gap.

in the playoffs there aint no tomorrow...it's one and done. coaching (and players) have to be on.

we are gonna need dennard, dowling and ridley to step up and be what they can be (and josh).

i think mccourty might a decent safety if moved there. maybe wislon can develop quickly too. 

bb needs to go to the league with all  the footage of holding of jones every game throughout.

Cant argue with these three teams, they are the class of the league right now. Hoever its only a quarter season in and one BIG injury can change everything. I agree with you, lets hope we are peaking in December and January.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Houston has not played anyone of consequence yet except Broncos.

Atlanta is good and have a pretty easy schedule coming up.

SF have beat Buf, Det, NYJ and a struggling GB, not actually the cream of the NFL and lost to Minn

Pats have at least played two first place teams both losses by a total of 3 points and two missed FGs. I still consider them a BEST coached team.

Why aren't the Cards up there or Ravens and Bears all are 4-1

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

BB's gotta get a nod as still being one of the best coaches.  He's trying to change the offensive style of play for an already very good passing offense. Defensively, still number 1 in takeaway/giveaway ratio. As you know, turnovers can be game changers.

Altho, i'm sure that there are peeps who would argue that he's had a hard time building the secondary and pass rush back up.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

SF have beat Buf, Det, NYJ and a struggling GB, not actually the cream of the NFL and lost to Minn

Pats have at least played two first place teams both losses by a total of 3 points and two missed FGs. I still consider them a BEST coached team.

I'd say because the Cards offense is horrific. Can't believe NE didn't lay a finger on Kolb when Miami sacked him 8 times and St. Louis sacked him 9 times. They will fade imo. Bears look pretty good but when they play against a good defense Cutler will revert back to his wild, wreckless self.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:

I'd say because the Cards offense is horrific. Can't believe NE didn't lay a finger on Kolb when Miami sacked him 8 times and St. Louis sacked him 9 times. They will fade imo. Bears look pretty good but when they play against a good defense Cutler will revert back to his wild, wreckless self.

captain I don't disagree I was just showing the OP how he says things and only looks at some facts to support his theory. He never looks at the whole package.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

In response to PhatRex's comment:

In response to DelGriffith's comment:

Atlanta just struggled with the Skins and Gomer threw on Atlanta's secondary in Week 2.  So, which is it, BdBreu?

How many points did you expect the Pats D to hold a determined Gomer and a good Denver offense to yesterday?

14?

What that have satisfied you more?

You should be more concerned with why holding wasn't called ONCE on Denver's O Line and how that affects the league as a whole v.s. meaningless yards in a prevent defense in the 4th qtrs of games.

Was there any doubt in anyone's mind that Del would continue crying about the refs even after the regular refs returned?  "Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, the refs won't call holding on anyone else besides us.. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

A "determined Gomer".  Oh that is priceless.  I guess you think that Peyton is undetermined in other games.  He's just doesn't care unless it's NE.  Hilarious!

When the heck do we get the ignore button back ???

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

"Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?"

"Sorry cutiepie, but it's the 49ers.  First they beat Green Bay at Green Bay by 8 points.  Then the last two weeks they've been Honey Boo Boo throwing a sugar tantrum with the Jets and Buffalo as rag dolls.  New England did all right swinging Buffalo around by the tail, but it just wasn't the same level of mistreatment."

1  sf    15.5
    2  ne    13.0
    3  hou    12.7
    4  atl    12.0

I'm embarrassed to say that I only forecasted SF to beat Buffalo by a mere 20.9 points yesterday.  Not even close!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

"Sorry cutiepie, but it's the 49ers.  First they beat Green Bay at Green Bay by 8 points.  Then the last two weeks they've been Honey Boo Boo throwing a sugar tantrum with the Jets and Buffalo as rag dolls.  New England did all right swinging Buffalo around by the tail, but it just wasn't the same level of mistreatment."

1  sf    15.5
    2  ne    13.0
    3  hou    12.7
    4  atl    12.0

I'm embarrassed to say that I only forecasted SF to beat Buffalo by a mere 20.9 points yesterday.  Not even close!

I'd probably agree with your 1 and 2.  Impressive starts for both ATL and HOU but neither team has played particularly tough competition and while strong starts are nice, they very often don't predict strong finishes, especially for a team like ATL, who in recent years has consistently been 1 and done in the playoffs.

SF has looked absolutely dominant the last 2 weeks but this week with the Giants heading to Candlestick, the level of competition takes a serious leap.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

really?, sf beat buffalo 45-3. you may remember we jsut played them. did you see the game?

we lsot to arizona, albeit a game if coahced better on offense we win, who just got bet by rams 17-3 and have not had a 300 pass yard game this year.

because i dont see them up there, cards ee above, ravens see top thread i see them as next tier, same wiht bears. 

thanks for the post

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to BubbaInHawaii's comment:

BB's gotta get a nod as still being one of the best coaches.  He's trying to change the offensive style of play for an already very good passing offense. Defensively, still number 1 in takeaway/giveaway ratio. As you know, turnovers can be game changers.

Altho, i'm sure that there are peeps who would argue that he's had a hard time building the secondary and pass rush back up.

of course i agree bb is one of teh best coaches, adn maybe the best at teh gamut of what he does.

pass rush is coming 2 more players on d line (dt and jones couterpart)

cbs yes his efforts have been near futille there.

hope dennard and dopwling can be at least middle nfl cbs by end of year and into future. hope they pick up a top cb free agent.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

thanks for saying. agreed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

captain I don't disagree I was just showing the OP how he says things and only looks at some facts to support his theory. He never looks at the whole package.

really?

maybe so.

or maybe as captain and i point out, you may want to look at "all the facts" a little lmore yourself.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I believe SF and Houston are the best but I am confident the Pats could beat either (we'll obviously find out in December). Houston may be the most complete team in the NFl but  are they better than last years Ravens or previous Steeler teams, who are also complete teams. This Pats team could be the best since 2004 if the defense continues to improve. Despite some shaky moments the Patriots have the best offense in the NFL. How many teams can do what the Pats did yesterday, that was the best no huddle offense I can remember. It scored alot and it burned the clock! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

1  sf    15.5
    2  ne    13.0
    3  hou    12.7
    4  atl    12.0

some might  put n.e. 4th.

i would say we have to beat baltimore or they have to fall several times to lesser teams before we earn a spot above them. 

the thing is wish josh calling the plays, our wins and losses are going to be more unpredictable as hsi calling has been off terribly in some games or spotty in others. someting that should not be wiht a team that deserves to be playng the best for the championship (if they had otherwsie top o.c. and postion coaches). of course i hope we do anyway. but as i noted ini a thread titled "nice win howeva", we dominate denver with 250 on teh ground and t takeaways, record # of first downs and coudl have lsot the game anyway. arizona and balt should hav been wins with better coff coord game calling.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:

I believe SF and Houston are the best but I am confident the Pats could beat either (we'll obviously find out in December). Houston may be the most complete team in the NFl but  are they better than last years Ravens or previous Steeler teams, who are also complete teams. This Pats team could be the best since 2004 if the defense continues to improve. Despite some shaky moments the Patriots have the best offense in the NFL. How many teams can do what the Pats did yesterday, that was the best no huddle offense I can remember. It scored alot and it burned the clock! 

yeah i know. this is my point. have you seen my threads last few weeks, josh cant drive the ferrarii, and the one i name in the post above. we have an offense that noone could hold if used optimally.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

thanks to all who added to the converstion here.

good football discussion.

Sections
Shortcuts