Top 3 teams in the nfl (and best coached teams) i see at this moment are S.F., Atlanta, and Houston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: Top 3 teams in the nfl (and best coached teams) i see at this moment are S.F., Atlanta, and Houston

In response to susan250's comment:

It is still early in the season, but I agree that Atlanta and Houston look like the best teams in the NFL.  It should be interesting to watch the Houston game tonight against the Jets.  I don't expect it to be a very close game. 

yes its early, but we can look at wehre everyone is nonetheless.

thanks for weighing in.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Re: Top 3 teams in the nfl (and best coached teams) i see at this moment are S.F., Atlanta, and Houston

In response to bredbru's comment:

In response to Paul_K's comment:

"Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?"

"Sorry cutiepie, but it's the 49ers.  First they beat Green Bay at Green Bay by 8 points.  Then the last two weeks they've been Honey Boo Boo throwing a sugar tantrum with the Jets and Buffalo as rag dolls.  New England did all right swinging Buffalo around by the tail, but it just wasn't the same level of mistreatment."

1  sf    15.5
    2  ne    13.0
    3  hou    12.7
    4  atl    12.0

I'm embarrassed to say that I only forecasted SF to beat Buffalo by a mere 20.9 points yesterday.  Not even close!

some might  put n.e. 4th.

i would say we have to beat baltimore or they have to fall several times to lesser teams before we earn a spot above them. 

the thing is wish josh calling the plays, our wins and losses are going to be more unpredictable as hsi calling has been off terribly in some games or spotty in others. someting that should not be wiht a team that deserves to be playng the best for the championship (if they had otherwsie top o.c. and postion coaches). of course i hope we do anyway. but as i noted ini a thread titled "nice win howeva", we dominate denver with 250 on teh ground and t takeaways, record # of first downs and coudl have lsot the game anyway. arizona and balt should hav been wins with better coff coord game calling.

The Balt loss was disappointing, but not because of the offense. The defense which had been great for 2 games had a real let up, but it was hurt with some screwy PI and holding calls. Only the Arizona game bothers me because the Pats appeared real confused on offense for 3 quarters. That is the game that they may regret more. They have the best offense in the NFL and should get better when Hernandez returns and the Oline get more practice together. Anyone who predicted 16-0 was silly to begin with. The Pats lost some silly games even while winning super bowls (Miami in 2004 or Washington in 2003).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:

In response to bredbru's comment:

In response to Paul_K's comment:

"Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?"

"Sorry cutiepie, but it's the 49ers.  First they beat Green Bay at Green Bay by 8 points.  Then the last two weeks they've been Honey Boo Boo throwing a sugar tantrum with the Jets and Buffalo as rag dolls.  New England did all right swinging Buffalo around by the tail, but it just wasn't the same level of mistreatment."

1  sf    15.5
    2  ne    13.0
    3  hou    12.7
    4  atl    12.0

I'm embarrassed to say that I only forecasted SF to beat Buffalo by a mere 20.9 points yesterday.  Not even close!

some might  put n.e. 4th.

i would say we have to beat baltimore or they have to fall several times to lesser teams before we earn a spot above them. 

the thing is wish josh calling the plays, our wins and losses are going to be more unpredictable as hsi calling has been off terribly in some games or spotty in others. someting that should not be wiht a team that deserves to be playng the best for the championship (if they had otherwsie top o.c. and postion coaches). of course i hope we do anyway. but as i noted ini a thread titled "nice win howeva", we dominate denver with 250 on teh ground and t takeaways, record # of first downs and coudl have lsot the game anyway. arizona and balt should hav been wins with better coff coord game calling.

The Balt loss was disappointing, but not because of the offense. The defense which had been great for 2 games had a real let up, but it was hurt with some screwy PI and holding calls. Only the Arizona game bothers me because the Pats appeared real confused on offense for 3 quarters. That is the game that they may regret more. They have the best offense in the NFL and should get better when Hernandez returns and the Oline get more practice together. Anyone who predicted 16-0 was silly to begin with. The Pats lost some silly games even while winning super bowls (Miami in 2004 or Washington in 2003).

i taek teh def backfield as a given as it is, still a less poorly usage of teh o mangement woudl have won that gaem.

agree on your 16 and 0 comment. still 3-4 teasm are playng better than us as of today imo.

thanks for the thoughts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15315k. Show 15315k's posts

Its all about how you play down the stretch.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

After 5 games and you are putting the Falcons in the top ranks because of a hot start. OK. You can make that case. THey are a very good team. But I do not put them in the top tier yet. They are making a case for themselves but I would want to see ten games or so. ALso, while they have played a couple of decent teams they have not played against a team I would put in the top 8 or so.

If your statement is simply who has the three best records at this point fine. If it is who would you be betting real money on if you had to put your money where your mouth is I would say the best are:

SF, Houston, Pats, Ravens. I am not ready to put NYG there but they are close. Atlanta is not too far back and I might upgrade them in my expectations if they keep playing well (but I am not ready yet). Hard to judge GB, NO as they have fallen but might be able to right themsleves. If NO figures out life with their head coach they will be tough. GB needs to whether injuries. Unsure of some teams like Chi, Minn, Arizona, Eagles.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

After 5 games and you are putting the Falcons in the top ranks because of a hot start. OK. You can make that case. THey are a very good team. But I do not put them in the top tier yet. They are making a case for themselves but I would want to see ten games or so. ALso, while they have played a couple of decent teams they have not played against a team I would put in the top 8 or so.

If your statement is simply who has the three best records at this point fine. If it is who would you be betting real money on if you had to put your money where your mouth is I would say the best are:

SF, Houston, Pats, Ravens. I am not ready to put NYG there but they are close. Atlanta is not too far back and I might upgrade them in my expectations if they keep playing well (but I am not ready yet). Hard to judge GB, NO as they have fallen but might be able to right themsleves. If NO figures out life with their head coach they will be tough. GB needs to whether injuries. Unsure of some teams like Chi, Minn, Arizona, Eagles.

hey port, sounds liek you are deciding who is #1 for teh year, etc.

no i am not talking record right now. im talking the best teams these 5 games (ie is you played team #1 these first 5 in a row, #2 etc.

thanks for your thoughts

7. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts