TOP COACH RANKINGS, y is bb only 5th?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Re: TOP COACH RANKINGS, y is bb only 5th?

In response to COMMIE-CONTRARIAN's comment:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000117462/article/bruce-arians-darkhorse-candidate-for-top-coach-honor?campaign=Twitter_atl

bruce arians FIRST.. for this year? i agree! pete carroll second.. mike smith? harbaugh? colin k move hasnt worked out too well.. i would put bb THIRD AND GIVE MORE LOVE TO JOHN FOX! OUCH! bottom of the bottom is ROMEO? i think jim schwartz and andy reid are better candidates!

As much as I hate to admit it Carrol deserves coach of the year in my opinion. You can't give it to Belichick every year but there is no one i would rather have coach the team than bill.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I agree, Carrol is for sure in the top rankings this season and I also hate to admit it but John Fox needs to be there too.  They have a point about BB's defense, he should have a better D but it's amazing what he does on offense to make up for it so he should be there too.  Harbaugh?? Well, lets see what happens, I'm not overly impressed, with Smith out on defense he seems to not be able to make an adjustment.  They were hurt big time in the 2nd half vs the Pats when he was gone and that D got slaughtered against the Seahawks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Funny. I've said Carrol was a good coach and been mocked for the effort.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000117462/article/bruce-arians-darkhorse-candidate-for-top-coach-honor?campaign=Twitter_atl

bruce arians FIRST.. for this year? i agree! pete carroll second.. mike smith? harbaugh? colin k move hasnt worked out too well.. i would put bb THIRD AND GIVE MORE LOVE TO JOHN FOX! OUCH! bottom of the bottom is ROMEO? i think jim schwartz and andy reid are better candidates!

As much as I hate to admit it Carrol deserves coach of the year in my opinion. You can't give it to Belichick every year but there is no one i would rather have coach the team than bill.

HAS BB EVER WON THE AWARD?

the 16-0 year he had to i would think

like most people i know the baseball awards more than the other sports so i dont know who won coach of the year when...maybe post a list?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I believe he has won it 3 times: 2003, 2007, 2010.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

here is the list from 1955 onward

http://football.about.com/od/nflhistory/l/bl_awardscoach.htm

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

I would have a hard time giving it to Carrol who's team is 3-5 on the road.  They have the best Home Field advantage in the league and take care of it but they are still sub-par on the road.

If the Redskins win the division I think Shanahan would be a better pick.  Even the guy in Atlanta if they go 13-3 and get the top seed is a better pick then Carroll.  Heck If Cincy goes 10-6 I would give it to Lewis over Carroll as well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

1955 NFL Joe Kuharich Washington 1956 NFL Buddy Parker Detroit 1957 NFL Paul Brown Cleveland 1958 NFL Weeb Ewbank Baltimore Colts 1959 NFL Vince Lombardi Green Bay 1960 NFL Buck Shaw Philadelphia   AFL Lou Rymkus Houston Oilers 1961 NFL Allie Sherman NY Giants   AFL Wally Lemm Houston Oilers 1962 NFL Allie Sherman NY Giants   AFL Jack Faulkner Denver 1963 NFL George Halas Chicago   AFL Al Davis Oakland 1964 NFL Don Shula Baltimore Colts   AFL Lou Saban Buffalo 1965 NFL George Halas Chicago   AFL Lou Saban Buffalo 1966 NFL Tom Landry Dallas   AFL Mike Holovak Boston 1967 NFL George Allen LA Rams   AFL John Rauch Oakland 1968 NFL Don Shula Baltimore   AFL Hank Stram Kansas City 1969 NFL Bud Grant Minnesota   AFL Paul Brown Cincinnati 1970 NFC Alex Webster NY Giants   AFC Paul Brown Cincinnati 1971 NFC George Allen Washington   AFC Don Shula Miami 1972 NFC Dan Devine Green Bay   AFC Chuck Noll Pittsburgh 1973 NFC Chuck Knox LA Rams   AFC John Ralston Denver 1974 NFC Don Coryell St. Louis Cardinals   AFC Sid Gillman Houston Oilers 1975 NFC Tom Landry Dallas   AFC Ted Marchibroda Baltimore Colts 1976 NFC Jack Pardee Chicago   AFC Chuck Fairbanks New England 1977 NFC Leeman Bennett Atlanta   AFC Red Miller Denver 1978 NFC Dick Vermeil Philadelphia   AFC Walt Michaels NY Jets 1979 NFC Jack Pardee Washington   AFC Sam Rutigliano Cleveland 1980 NFC Leeman Bennett Atlanta   AFC Sam Rutigliano Cleveland 1981 NFC Bill Walsh San Francisco   AFC Forrest Gregg Cincinnati 1982 NFC Joe Gibbs Washington   AFC Tom Flores LA Raiders 1983 NFC John Robinson LA Rams   AFC Chuck Knox Seattle 1984 NFC Bill Walsh San Francisco   AFC Chuck Knox Seattle 1985 NFC Mike Ditka Chicago   AFC Raymond Berry New England 1986 NFC Bill Parcells NY Giants   AFC Marty Schottenheimer Cleveland 1987 NFC Jim Mora New Orleans   AFC Ron Meyer Indianapolis 1988 NFC Mike Ditka Chicago   AFC Marv Levy Buffalo 1989 NFC Lindy Infante Green Bay   AFC Dan Reeves Denver 1990 NFC Jimmy Johnson Dallas   AFC Art Shell LA Raiders 1991 NFC Wayne Fontes Detroit   AFC Dan Reeves Denver 1992 NFC Dennis Green Minnesota   AFC Bobby Ross San Diego 1993 NFC Dan Reeves NY Giants   AFC Marv Levy Buffalo 1994 NFC Dave Wannstedt Chicago   AFC Bill Parcells New England 1995 NFC Ray Rhodes Philadelphia   AFC Marty Schottenheimer Kansas City 1996 NFC Dom Capers Carolina   AFC Tom Coughlin Jacksonville 1997 NFL Jim Fassel NY Giants 1998 NFL Dan Reeves Atlanta 1999 NFL Dick Vermeil St. Louis 2000 NFL Jim Haslett New Orleans 2001 NFL Dick Jauron Chicago 2002 NFL Andy Reid Philadelphia 2003 NFL Bill Belichick New England 2004 NFL Marty Schottenheimer San Diego 2005 NFL Lovie Smith Chicago 2006 NFL Sean Payton New Orleans 2007 NFL Bill Belichick New England 2008 NFL Mike Smith Atlanta 2009 NFL Marvin Lewis Cincinnati 2010 NFL Bill Belichick New England 2011 NFL Jim Harbaugh San Francisco

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

If the Vikings make the PS, Frazier deserves some votes. That's the least talented team still in the hunt.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

The funniest part of BB's HOF induction resume when they start reading down all his legendary accomplisments, he'll end up with so few coach of the year awards, people will think he wasn't that good. lol

It's kind of like when Ray Bourque was winning the Norris every year and they threw a bone to Chris Chelios one year just to change it up. 

1 set of rules/barometers for 31 teams, one special one for BB and the Pats. I remember his personnel work in 2010 both in the draft, FA and with trades during the year going 14-2 and he sitll didn't win GM of the year. So pathetic. We'll never see a clinic like that again.

Not saying he should win this year at all, but it's almost like when he deserves it, people scramble to try to make arguments for less deserving coaches.

It has to go to Arians.   Rookie QB, he's never been a head coach before, playoff team, etc. Slam dunk choice, without question.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHA!

PARANOIA THE DESTROYER!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

here is the list from 1955 onward

http://football.about.com/od/nflhistory/l/bl_awardscoach.htm

great job COMRADES, how soon some of us forget.. 3x coach of the year is impressive.. parcells won it TWICE lets not ever forget that!

interesting they gave out an NFC/AFC for all those years then changed to one for all NFL-which is really as it should be like hockey and basketball

baseball I can see AL and NL

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

The funniest part of BB's HOF induction resume when they start reading down all his legendary accomplisments, he'll end up with so few coach of the year awards, people will think he wasn't that good. lol

It's kind of like when Ray Bourque was winning the Norris every year and they threw a bone to Chris Chelios one year just to change it up. 

1 set of rules/barometers for 31 teams, one special one for BB and the Pats. I remember his personnel work in 2010 both in the draft, FA and with trades during the year going 14-2 and he sitll didn't win GM of the year. So pathetic. We'll never see a clinic like that again.

Not saying he should win this year at all, but it's almost like when he deserves it, people scramble to try to make arguments for less deserving coaches.

It has to go to Arians.   Rookie QB, he's never been a head coach before, playoff team, etc. Slam dunk choice, without question.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHA!

PARANOIA THE DESTROYER!

Someone is too dumb to know that the reason BB has never won GM of the year is because he has never actually held that title.  The Pat's dont list a GM and the closest thing to it is Vice President of player personnel and it would be them who would recieve the award..as Pioli did.

Although he and Caserio split duties and BB ultimately has the final say in player transactions, he is listed as head coach, not GM.  The head coach is generally responible for players anyway, unless you have a de facto GM like Jerry Jones.

De facto GM is not the same as actually holding the title

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pezz4pats's comment:

HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHA!

PARANOIA THE DESTROYER!

Someone is too dumb to know that the reason BB has never won GM of the year is because he has never actually held that title.  The Pat's dont list a GM and the closest thing to it is Vice President of player personnel and it would be them who would recieve the award..as Pioli did.

Although he and Caserio split duties and BB ultimately has the final say in player transactions, he is listed as head coach, not GM.  The head coach is generally responible for players anyway, unless you have a de facto GM like Jerry Jones.

It doesn't matter. So that means he and his partners should never win it as a group??!! That makes no sense and it proves what I said above.

1 set of rules for 31 teams,  1 special set for BB/Pats.

Now I've heard it all. The best GM of all time can't win a personnel award (shared with his staff).

What a joke and a completely PATHETIC premise.

Fact: Without question, the best front office work in 2010 was done by BB, Caserio and Floyd Reese.. Absolutely mastery with contracts, the draft, trades (IN SEASON) and the FA moves, while positioning themselves out of the lockout.

Your hatred and anti-BB bias as he leads this team is sickening. Absolutely disgusting.  Get the help you need.

Like I said, Pioli recieved the AWARD AS VP/PP AS THAT IS THE CLOSTEST THING THEY HAVE TO A GM.  BB doesn't care about titles unless it's SB champion.

Do you have a better explanation as to why Pioli was awarded the honors and not BB.

Think for once, dope of all dopes.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHA!

PARANOIA THE DESTROYER!

It doesn't matter. So that means he and his partners should never win it as a group??!! That makes no sense and it proves what I said above.

Now I've heard it all. The best GM of all time can't win a personnel award (shared with his staff).

Fact: Without question, the best front office work in 2010 was done by BB, Caserio and Floyd Reese.. Absolutely mastery with contracts, the draft, trades (IN SEASON) and the FA moves, while positioning themselves out of the lockout.

Your hatred and anti-BB bias as he leads this team is sickening. Absolutely disgusting.  Get the help you need.

i dont have any bb hatred or bias-i just think your silly assertions are a combination of hubris and paranoia

although as I have said he did take what parcells and parcells/young taught him and ran with it very successfully

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHA!

PARANOIA THE DESTROYER!

Like I said, Pioli recieved the AWARD AS VP/PP AS THAT IS THE CLOSTEST THING THEY HAVE TO A GM.  BB doesn't care about titles unless it's SB champion.

Do you have a better explanation as to why Pioli was awarded the honors and not BB.

Think for once, dope of all dopes.

Then why wasn't Caserio given the award in 2010? Explain why the GM in 2010 who won the award, did a better job than Caserio here, under BB's leadership.

It shouldn't matter how businesses structure titles. We all know BB is the GM here, Caserio director of player personnel here and Reese handles the financials and contracts.

Your argument is pathetic. YOU explain why Caserio, working under Pioli's old title, didn't get the award in 2010.

This should be hilarious.

Don't have to explain any thing other than in the years the Pats won the award. they listed Pioli and not BB because the VPPP is the closest title to a  GM.  Period!

Have no idea why Caserio wasn't selected other than the Pats not advancing in the play-offs.  Ya think?     No you don't!  dumb question.....

Stll waiting on those stats to support your ridiculous statement yesterday.  What's the hold up, queen of fabrication?

Gotta go now because I actually do work for a living, unlike you.  Just dropped in to see those fantactic stats you threatened to go get.

Oh, congats on your most recent lunacy stating that all the quiet (not responding posters) all agree with you.  LMAO@U  Oh, my what a loon!

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

What "fantastic stats" are you speaking of by the way?

You mean the games where the offense choked one down by disappearing for entire halves or chunks of games doing nothing or turning it over?

You mean, these games, Jizzdispenser?

VS Denver in the Divisional Round.  Loss.

VS SD in the Divisional Round. Win.

VS Indy in the AFC Title game. Loss.

VS SD in the 2007 AFC Title game. Win.

VS the Giants in SB 42. Loss.

VS the Jets in the 2010 Divisional Round. Loss.

VS the Ravens in the 2011 AFC Title game. Win.

VS the Giants in SB 46. Loss

Those games?

Here are Brady's combined postseason stats, with the bulk of the above games featuring 40+ passes where we barely won due to our defense playing well or some fluke like a Troy Brown strip of Marlon McCree where we were outplayed, mostly because of our awful offense.

2005-2011 Postseasons:

27 TDs, 17 INTs

Last time I checked, a TD/INT ratio like that was Elway or Favreesque and NOT GOOD.

QB rating in AFC Champ conference games, career, is 78.4 with 6 TDS and 7 INTs.   This stat however only changed for the worse because his last 2 AFC title games, he threw over 40 times and had 5 total INTs.

Is that what you were looking for, Pezzy? Hmm?

No those aren't the stats and you know it fraud.  All those games were lost by the D in the last minutes of the game as they pizzed away the lead time and time again.

Probably the same reason BB is ranked 5th this year as HC.  The D has sucked for 5 years now and responsible for 95% of any losses. 

Probabably the Reason Caserio didn't get top GM in 2010, the Vaunted D was ranked 25th.

The stats needed and the ones you threatened to unleash on us to back your ridiculous clame that TB throws 40 x's a game, more when they are winning as apposed to losing.

After you were told that no one wants to take your stupid bet because TB throwing 40x's is the fix for all ther other problems and that they are in trouble, because nothing else is working,  Some how you are too dense to see this and can prove to us that this is not true.  So prove It!    Where are the stats?  We are all anxiously awaiting.   FRAUD & LIAR.

While your at it, stat how many games the O had the lead in the 4th and the D blew it. 

That one should be easy enough.  Just  tally the amount of losses for the past 5 years and multiply it by .99.  That's your answer.

Thanks

You lose on all accounts, nothing you say is true, just I hate TB troll crappin garbage.

Are you a fertilizer salesman?  

Sections
Shortcuts