TOP MVP CANDIDATES AT MID-SEASON

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: TOP MVP CANDIDATES AT MID-SEASON

I'd put Peyton Manning ahead of Brady given that he is playing for a new team that didn't know how to play with a throwing quarterback last year, leads the league in passer rating, has already engineered at least 3 4th quarter comebacks and winning drives this year.  Tom Brady, on the other hand has an affinity for all his skill players from having played with them. 

As for receivers, if you are going to mention Welker, why not mention Wayne.  For the same reason as listed above (affinity with the players and the program), Wayne is essentially playing a new position in a new system with a new quarterback and new receivers and he's second in catches and first in yards.  What he is doing for the colts this year is amazing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

what u think of jj watt?

[/QUOTE]

JJ Watt is fantastic!  I'm a defensive guy and would really like to see a defensive guy win it (if Brady doesn't of course) but like I said, these type of things tend to go to offensive players, especially QB's.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd put Peyton Manning ahead of Brady given that he is playing for a new team that didn't know how to play with a throwing quarterback last year, leads the league in passer rating, has already engineered at least 3 4th quarter comebacks and winning drives this year.  Tom Brady, on the other hand has an affinity for all his skill players from having played with them. 

As for receivers, if you are going to mention Welker, why not mention Wayne.  For the same reason as listed above (affinity with the players and the program), Wayne is essentially playing a new position in a new system with a new quarterback and new receivers and he's second in catches and first in yards.  What he is doing for the colts this year is amazing.

[/QUOTE]

Do you find it hard to type with Manning's nuts in your mouth permenantly?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

As many have noted, chances are a QB will win, but take a note of these comparisons:

Many are pointing to either Manning or Rodgers being the top vote getter and this may be borne out by how important these two are to their respective teams.  Matt Ryan is also in the discussion.  It seems so goes Manning or Rodgers, so go their teams.  Both Rodgers and Manning are responsible for most of the team scoring with 26 and 20 TD passes respectively.  While Brady and Ryan are at 16 and 17.  On the other side of the ledger, if these teams had to rely on rushing scoring, they'd be hurting.  GB has only 2, Denver and Atlanta only 5 rushing TDs versus the Pats 12.  Seems the Pats can get it done on the ground if Brady has an off day or the Pats are more confident in not being so one dimensional in that they will rush for some TDs instead of opting to pass for most of their TDs this season. Seems GB and Denver are in this habit to pass for TD more than rush, so far.  With the Pats, you do not know which way they'll go in the Red Zone.  The Pats have the leading scoring O in the league and are doing it without Brady leading the league in passing TDs as one may expect if you asked that question about the leading TD passer.  Either way, Brady wants a ring and not the MVP. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to danemcmenamin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Do you find it hard to type with Manning's nuts in your mouth permenantly?

[/QUOTE]
    I'll take your inability to come up with any kind of contrary argument as your agreement with my assessment. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

My Top 10 list at mid-season:

1) Peyton Manning.  Top-rated passer in NFL and has his team poised to breeze into the play-offs.

2) Matt Ryan.  8-0 team and third highest rated passer.

3) Aaron Rogers.  Second highest rated passer, and he seems to be just hitting stride.

4) Ben Roethlesberger.  It's a miracle that the Steelers are in the hunt despite their massive injuries.

5) Tom Brady.  A very good year, but his team has underperformed compared to expectations (which is more a function of ridiculous expectations!).

6) Matt Schaub.  Having an excellent year for probably the best team in football.

7) Adrian Peterson.  Only RB averaging over 100 yards per game. 

8) Alex Smith.  Was a better MVP candidate when the Niners were widely considered to be the best team in the league.

9) Andrew Luck.  His stats won't catch up, but he's now playing as well as any QB in the league.

10) Doug Martin.  250+ yard rushing day has put him in the conversation.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jints, exactly how does Eli make the list? He's not even rated top 10 in QBs.

[/QUOTE]

i had him there based on 3 comeback wins-two in 4th which he owns most times-and all the injuries on the O (Nicks, Diehl, Bradshaw), his game against SF in SF and the 6-2 record

after last nite's game (far from his fault facing tough D, Nicks at 50% and generaloor play all around) though I will have to bump him off the list till further notice however

[/QUOTE]

That could be a bit myopic. But he has emerged on the elite map due to his thrashing of a bad Pats' D and a choking one. I didn't think much of Eli a few years back, but he has earned the right to be called one of the best based on some very clutch play. He's not a great prospect for MVP votes though. Too inconsistent in the regular season to put up the gaudy final numbers.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

victor cruz should be in the discussion imo.....he IS the giants.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to JulesWinfield's comment:
    [QUOTE]

1) Peyton Manning.  Top-rated passer in NFL and has his team poised to breeze into the play-offs.

3) Aaron Rogers.  Second highest rated passer, and he seems to be just hitting stride.

4) Ben Roethlesberger.  It's a miracle that the Steelers are in the hunt despite their massive injuries.

5) Tom Brady.  A very good year, but his team has underperformed compared to expectations (which is more a function of ridiculous expectations!).

6) Matt Schaub.  Having an excellent year for probably the best team in football.

8) Alex Smith.  Was a better MVP candidate when the Niners were widely considered to be the best team in the league.

9) Andrew Luck.  His stats won't catch up, but he's now playing as well as any QB in the league.

[/QUOTE]

what about JJ Watt? and Welker?

[/QUOTE]

Neither make my list.  Watt might be in the next 5, though.  Welker...forget it.  There are no astounding WR stats this year, but Reggie Wayne would easily be the first WR on the list.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to JulesWinfield's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

what about JJ Watt? and Welker?

[/QUOTE]

Neither make my list.  Watt might be in the next 5, though.  Welker...forget it.  There are no astounding WR stats this year, but Reggie Wayne would easily be the first WR on the list.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

After the last 3 games you can take Eli off the list. You can't have 3 games in a row like that and still be in contention for MVP. Esp when you have Rodgers and Brady playing the way they are right now

17. This post has been removed.