Top Ten Reasons I Love This Draft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from innervision. Show innervision's posts

Top Ten Reasons I Love This Draft

Top 10 Reasons Why I Love This Draft1.       Reading all the boohooing about the pass rush is pure entertainment.  Want a great pass rush… get corners that can cover and tackle.   Dowling is the anti-smurf corner the same boohooers have been crying for year after year.2.       O line or D line? The problem area was the O line.   Greatest need filled.3.       Looking forward to what Bill is going to do with his extra picks in 2012.4.        Oh how quickly we forget.  The Ravens ran over us; problem addressed last year even without Ty Warren.   The Jets dared us to run the ball and we didn’t run the ball.  Losing either game wasn’t because of our pass rush.  Last year the offense did not get the job done against the Jets.  Let’s see if opposing D’s tee off on TB or sit back and dare us to run this year. 5.       Running back is not a position that ages well.  Sorry Kevin, Sammy and Fred time to move on.  Enough with all the BS about how we could have had these guys or some other guys with this or that pick.  What if Vereen is better than Ingrim?  He is faster, stronger, has better hands and doesn’t have bad knees.   #3 greatest need filled.6.       Ryan Mallet = the most astute pick in the draft. 7.       We have the youngest D in the league; did we really want to throw another bunch of rookies out there on D? Last year seven rookies made significant contributions, this year you can bet your bottom dollar that four or five of our new players will make significant contributions.   Please find me another team that can say the same.8.       Nothing could be more amusing than watching Bill Belichick outsmart the pundits and bloggers.  Over the last three years he has proven to be better at the draft than anyone in the game.  He has a system, he knows football is a game of attrition so depth is more important than any one player not named Tom Brady.  He has a vision of life after Tom Brady.   As a NE Patriot fan I appreciate the fact that his system has made my team the one that wins the most games, will be the team to beat this year and continue to be the team to beat year in and year out. 9.       358 pounds!10.    The # 1 reason I love this draft; he wears #12, his name is Tom Brady and he plays quarterback.  #1 pick allows five sacks in 1400 passing downs, 5th round pick allowed ZERO sacks in his two years as a starter.  Protecting our number one asset works for me. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Top Ten Reasons I Love This Draft

This draft proved one thing BB is rebuilding the RB corps, rebuildingthe  offensive line with tackles and a TE, and adding another top CB to improve coverage. oh, and a QB to groom to replace TB. it was a pretty good draft

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

Wish there wont so many damn words I really wanted to know what you were gonna say. Is this available on Amazon in an audio book?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from innervision. Show innervision's posts

Needed to balance all the negative postings on these boards.  Our team will be better.  After going 14-2 I am thinking SB.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

"#1 pick allows five sacks in 1400 passing downs"

And he played for horrible CU Buffs teams with horrible lineman around him protecting horrible QB's!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Huge amount of flexibility in the running game. Smith is a blocking TE and we essentially drafted two OTs one that can play LT and one that can play OG. This could easily make for a more balanced offense. Dowling is solid tackler and will get some snaps. We have a healthy Bodden and Warren and that should be a proverbial shot in the arm for the defense. I can;t be the only one that thinks that Bodden and McCourty have potential to be one of the best tandems in the league. Warren has always been a good run stuffer and with a healthier D Line more teams will be one dimensional on offense as they won't run the ball as successfully as they have in the past. Markel Carter (?) could be used as a rush OLB, but we'll have to wait and see. How young did our Offensive Line just get ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I totally agree; this was a terrific draft.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In Response to Re: Top Ten Reasons I Love This Draft:
    [QUOTE]Wish there wont so many damn words I really wanted to know what you were gonna say. Is this available on Amazon in an audio book?
    Posted by tenacioust[/QUOTE]

Lol maybe you can find the crib notes. I actually read it and its well worth reading. He's right on the money

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from innervision. Show innervision's posts

For all the BB bashers out there I recommend you check out USMC post on article naming NE as the top drafting team over the last decade.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kingliar. Show kingliar's posts

The Pats have had more prime draft picks in [ in the top 3 rounds ]in recent years than any team in the NFL and as building through the draft is the best approach BB has been genius like in terms of stock-piling. However, it's not translating all that well. The Pats are 4-5 in their last 9 playoff games and have lost 3 straight. They are 3-5 vs Manning in the last 8.
           What explains this? One; they have had trouble finding playmakers on defense. While Wilfork and McCourty are A plus in this regard that's about it. Back inthe days BB depended on vets on defense they flourished, thanks to playermakers like Harrison [ who owned Manning], Brushi, McGinest and Vrabel. Now BB has a decidely young defense and it seems clear they are not able to execute his schemes as proficiently as the vets did. And this years draft was too clever by half; Mallet simply doesnt have the temperment to hold a clip board for 5 or 6 years. They badly needed pass rushers and failed to get them. They needed another WR and failed to get one. They ran efficiently last year but spent 2 picks on Rb'S. I'd grade this draft a D, much of that grade coming from wasted potential.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

kingliar:I find your lack of vision disturbing....the team has been a contender for 9 years straight & continues to get younger-stronger-faster every year....Bill addresses the entire structure of the team like putting togather a jig saw puzzle & finding the right pieces....to do that takes time & patience in addition to great evaluation of talent...we got some real good players that are coming togather as a team & key areas of depth addressed this year....I'm seeing a much more rounded team that is becoming well balanced & more lethal....the draft is as Bill says 1 piece of the puzzle at filling the needs of the team...the lockout has yet to allow the other 2 parts to be played out,trades/FA pickups....

I absolutly loved this draft...look what was accomplished...left tackle for next decade,alge's replacement,Rb depth,solid #2 backup QB(maybe the future ),depth at DB,quality picks for the future....YUP, LOVE IT!!!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Top ten things I love about reading .... #1 paragraphs. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from innervision. Show innervision's posts

zbellino ~ sorry about the formating. I typed it in Word (because I can not spell to save my life) and the spacing got reconfigured when I posted it.

Kingliar you are falling into the media hyped crap that we hear over and over agian.  What do you really know about Ryan Mallet. He smoked pot in college...oh no the sky is falling! Be glad he is not playing for a team like Miami who just might be dangerous with a decent QB.  Wide reciever?  How many guys can TB throw to? Bottom of my list of greatest needs. The running game needed help, BJGE a limited player who seemed to be losing some of his push at the end of the season.  Please let us not get started on play-off loses. No one wins them all in this day and age and in the interim BB has rebuilt this team and kept in contention every year.  That is nothing short of amazing,  The Pats are favored to win the Super Bowl THIS year.  Why all the naysaying?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

[QUOTE]zbellino ~ sorry about the formating. I typed it in Word (because I can not spell to save my life) and the spacing got reconfigured when I posted it. Kingliar you are falling into the media hyped crap that we hear over and over agian.  What do you really know about Ryan Mallet. He smoked pot in college...oh no the sky is falling! Be glad he is not playing for a team like Miami who just might be dangerous with a decent QB.  Wide reciever?  How many guys can TB throw to? Bottom of my list of greatest needs. The running game needed help, BJGE a limited player who seemed to be losing some of his push at the end of the season.  Please let us not get started on play-off loses. No one wins them all in this day and age and in the interim BB has rebuilt this team and kept in contention every year.  That is nothing short of amazing,  The Pats are favored to win the Super Bowl THIS year.  Why all the naysaying?
    Posted by innervision[/QUOTE]
      Exactly. BB has been rebuilding on the fly. That the Pats even made the playoffs, is pretty darn good.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

I thought the draft was solid as usual. BB doesnt do anything sexy or flashy and we should all be used to it by now. Every year its the same thing after the draft with you guys. Could have, should have, I would have drafted, player x instead of Mayo, or McCourty, or Volmer.  Those three turned out OK. Its easy to call out the picks that didnt work like Wilhite or Butler out, but you act like the Pats are the only team that don't knock every pick out of the park. BB holds his own while he continues to have multiple picks in every round every year. I'd give this draft a B+. Needs were addressed and although the Pats still need a pass rusher, I'm glad they're not putting another 20 something year old on the field on defense. The young D needs some veteran playmakers with leadership. Getting Bodden and Ty back should help a little but, I bellieve FA will be fun to watch this season, if it ever happens.

On a side note, with Brady saying he wants to play until he's 40 I can see Mallet being traded to a QB needy team for a first or second rounder. The Pats got the first pick of the second round for Cassel, and he has no where near the natural size and ability of Mallet. Dont get me wrong, Im not bad mouthing Cassel he played grreat. Im just saying if BB can get that kind of pick for a 7th rounder, what can he get for Mallet? I can't imagine Brady is going to go all Favre/Rodgers on him. If Mallet can stay humble he will have the chance to learn how to train and prepare from TB, one of the games greatest ever. Go Pats!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Start racking up those Lombardi Trophys! We don't need no stinkin' pass rush! BB is a genius, he's all we need. Go BB!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

[QUOTE]Start racking up those Lombardi Trophys! We don't need no stinkin' pass rush! BB is a genius, he's all we need. Go BB!
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]
      Thats more like it. Welcome aboard.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I was stoked last year after we added Gronk and Hernandez.  I knew we were going to have a great year (most posters were predicting 8-8 or 9-7) and should of won the Super Bowl if not for coach benching our best receiver that lead to a bad pass to a rearly targeted back on series one, followed by Crump morphing into Watson on series two.

Now with the addition of a real running game with talented young legs, I will predict the Lombardi will be returning to New England next year.  Bank it!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

the original post was right on the money and that was my thinking going into the draft.

Although I did beleive they would go with a starting DE/OLB as well.

Anywho - as long as Tom is behind center and BB is coaching up the defense the team may not go 14-2 but still should win a SB!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

[QUOTE]Wish there wont so many damn words I really wanted to know what you were gonna say. Is this available on Amazon in an audio book?
    Posted by tenacioust[/QUOTE]

Now thats some funny sh!t, I dont care who you are! hahahaa

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]Top ten things I love about reading .... #1 paragraphs. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

laughing......
    thanks i appreciated that post!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]The Pats have had more prime draft picks in [ in the top 3 rounds ]in recent years than any team in the NFL and as building through the draft is the best approach BB has been genius like in terms of stock-piling. However, it's not translating all that well. The Pats are 4-5 in their last 9 playoff games and have lost 3 straight. They are 3-5 vs Manning in the last 8.        What explains this? One; they have had trouble finding playmakers on defense. While Wilfork and McCourty are A plus in this regard that's about it. Back inthe days BB depended on vets on defense they flourished, thanks to playermakers like Harrison [ who owned Manning], Brushi, McGinest and Vrabel. Now BB has a decidely young defense and it seems clear they are not able to execute his schemes as proficiently as the vets did. And this years draft was too clever by half; Mallet simply doesnt have the temperment to hold a clip board for 5 or 6 years. They badly needed pass rushers and failed to get them. They needed another WR and failed to get one. They ran efficiently last year but spent 2 picks on Rb'S. I'd grade this draft a D, much of that grade coming from wasted potential.
    Posted by kingliar[/QUOTE]

". I'd grade this draft a D, much of that grade coming from wasted potential. "

keep calling it as you see it. of course there is no way of determining what this draft is for a year or 2. for now it IS a "C" to "D" because of every pick being such a huge risk (for specifics, for example see walterfootball.com) AND in refusing to address front 7 needs. the grade of course can improve depending on how it all turns out.

24. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts