TOPIC OF THE DAY?????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

TOPIC OF THE DAY?????

Well, we've gone through discussions of politics, race relations, healthcare, Sarah Palin, Vick, Favre, Big Ben, and many others in this "dead" time right before we have any real football to discuss. So what is to be today's discussion? Thank God it's only ten days until an actual game (albeit a preseason one)! We seem to be running out of subjects here! Now I know Taz still wants to talk about zombies, but where is the controversy in that? We all should pretty much agree that those fuc*ers are useless!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Re: TOPIC OF THE DAY?????

How about culture and sophistication? Thats an area we haven't covered and about as from football as can you and get. I bring this up because last night I took the family to 5 star restaurant which was wonderful and we went the theater to the musical "The King and I" which was wonderful as well.

So I ask has anybody been to shows,plays or musicals.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

In Response to Re: TOPIC OF THE DAY?????:
    [QUOTE]How about culture and sophistication? Thats an area we haven't covered and about as from football as can you and get. I bring this up because last night I took the family to 5 star restaurant which was wonderful and we went the theater to the musical "The King and I" which was wonderful as well. So I ask has anybody been to shows,plays or musicals.
    Posted by Harleyroadking111[/QUOTE]

Last year my S.O. and I went to see "Twelve Angry Men", starring Richard Thomas (aka "John Boy Walton), Kevin Dobson, et. al. at the Bushnell in Hartford. It's a play based on the Henry Fonda movie from the 50's or 60's. Very, very good, and very intense AND very thought provoking. Really enjoyed it. Plus it was cool to see John Boy in person. lol!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Go see Spamalot.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

The only shows I watch are TV shows, and not many of them. My TV is usually on 212, which is NFLN! (except on Sundays when I watch Sunday Ticket). The closest thing to a musical I've ever been to have been concerts, and it's been a while since my last one of those, too! Down here where I live (redneck country, as some would call it) "culture" consists of NASCAR and high school football, neither of which I follow!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Concerts count, we saw Travis Tritt in Lake Placid last summer. 

Pmike I would like to see Spamalot but the theater company up here usually performs the old standbys.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Laurie, Twelve Angry Men sounds like a great name for the Pats defense...."the patriots defense played like 12 angry men on the field today"  I can hear it now. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

How about another Vick thread I believe there were only 10 on the first two pages that I bumped last night.........  Just Kidding.

Fortunately we will be getting into the meat and potatoes soon. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Apparently, a Boston police officer sent out numerous emails in which he sort of insinuated that Professor Gates had acted like a "banana-eating jungle monkey". He also said he wasn't a racist but was prejudiced against stupid 
    ( there's that word again ) people. His attorney ( why are we hearing from his attorney? ) said he was quoted out of context.
    Someone once told me I was fired. But he was quoted out of context. I could show up at the office all I wanted. He just wouldn't give me any more checks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

And furthermore...can you name the actors who played the Twelve Angry Men in the Henry Fonda movie without going to Google?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Sleepy,Dopey, Sneezy, Doc, Happy, Bashful and Grumpy....Smile

Not without googling it.
    Wasn't Ernest Borgnine in it? Karl Malden? Jack Lambert?

Why would a cop put that in a email?, dumb,dumb, dumb.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ASO9771. Show ASO9771's posts

LEGS,  Legs is a great topic! that's my pick. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ASO9771. Show ASO9771's posts

The way some of them run up and make a complete A.S.S.  of themselves.... that's great.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I saw "White Noise" last week just before it left NOLA to head up to Braodway.

Stictly speaking I am missing how you went to a 5-star restaraunt, because Mobil doesn't have any five stars in New England outside of The White Barn Inn in Kennebunkport. I think they only have like 20 in the whole United States, and New York is the only city with more than two.

I tend to read Zagat for ratings because the scale is subjective, and rates each component on its merits.

To be honest, I have been to so many excellent restaraunts (it is a hobby of mine) and I couldn't tell you the difference between any four star and five star restaraunt, and some three star restaraunts because the difference in earning that last star is really curious.

I like the Zagat rating systen, because it draws on a WIDE range of reviews, it ensures that a perfect rating is impossible as well, which kind of makes it transparent. It seems to make more sense to me as well, because Mobil has the Grill Room at Four Stars and August at Three Stars and Zagat has TGR at 24 for food, and August at 28 and that matches my experience much more, even if I think TGR should rank a little higher, under no circumstances is it a notch above August.  

I think the fifth star has to do with the patrons as much as anything else . . .lol.

But I would love to hear what restaraunt you went to, and how it was, what people ordered, etc.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

But I would love to hear what restaraunt you went to, and how it was, what people ordered, etc.

In New Jersey...Taj Palace ( Indian ) in Montclair and Veggie Heaven ( Vegetarian Chinese ) in Denville. Paper-wrapped veggie lamb is the best. Ok...I'm not in New Jersey any more so don't look for my car to slash my tires and it's ok with me if you eat real meat.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I long for the seafood in NE.  Out here in SoCal, there are some good one's, but only good when compared to the rest of the US excluding NE.  Nothing beats the seafood back home.  Made a trip to Oregon and Washington last fall.  It didn't compare there either.

The Chinese food in NE is the best too.  It's "NY Style".  The closer I get to China, the worse it is; albeit likely more "authentic".  I'll be visiting NE next year for a vacation.  I will be eating either seafood or Chinese food every day until it is coming out my ears.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Regional seafood depends on what you like to order. For Clams, Lobsters, Cod, etc, New England rocks. For Oysters, Shrimp and Gulf Fish, New Orleans takes the cake. Frankly, I think the crabs and Salmon in the Northwest are simply unbeatable.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

I've been disappointed by the Chinese food in Boston. But way back in the day when I was eating meat, I remember the Green Ridge Turkey Farm restaurant in Nashua. Some good restaurants on the Cape in general and on Commercial Street in Provincetown, in particular, but I don't remember their names.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I long for the seafood in NE.  Out here in SoCal, there are some good one's, but only good when compared to the rest of the US excluding NE.

This is the first place I've lived in many years (dating back to the 80s) that wasn't near the ocean (I'm about 125 miles away). So all the seafood I could get here is frozen, and most of it is from China. I miss the days when I could go down to the Town Wharf in Plymouth and buy that day's catch to bring home, or even have it cooked right there and eat it out on the patio. When I lived in Los Angeles I was afraid to eat much local seafood due to all the talk about mercury poisoning, and the sewage dumped right into the ocean out in Venice! I'd give anything for a plate full of fried bay scollops with an order of onion rings on the side!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Z, obviously I exaggerated on the 5 star but it's really good. It's 1844 House. I had duck and brie pizza for an appetizer, cream of broccoli soup for the entry I had brandied beef tenderloin with chentelli mushrooms, dessert was cream puffs with strawberries and ice cream. All washed down with Sierra Nevada pale ale, I don't
    like wine.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]How about culture and sophistication? Thats an area we haven't covered and about as from football as can you and get. I bring this up because last night I took the family to 5 star restaurant which was wonderful and we went the theater to the musical "The King and I" which was wonderful as well. So I ask has anybody been to shows,plays or musicals.
    Posted by Harleyroadking111[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IErXg5kBXXg

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Sounds great. I looked at their menu and it looks fun. Any palce that changes their menu often is usually worth going to, because you know they are working with market availability, which means it is all fresh.

And I'll take duck anything thanks.

I didn't know it was in upstate NY, but you can find nice bistro-style restaraunts in some places you wouldn't think, and that is an area with a lot of people who would be willing to drive and spend . . . and I know some of them. LOL. 

I actually am a wine lover, but I also keep and buy as much beer and come up with some great pairings. I usually keep a few Belgian Blondes and sweet Dubbels around, along with at least one stout or porter from England and at least one traditional American style brew like a Yuengling or something clean and not overly hopped (like some pricey American beers tend to be) to go with some traditional American foods, and then like an American artisan copper.

Pairing beer with food is great, the only thing that holds it back is that there aren't too many beers that are compatible as an apertif or dessert beer, so when I go with beer, I tend to get a fresh cocktail before, and then something like a fine scotch or bourbon to work with the dessert. It is difficult to go front to back on a meal. Although I am sure a fruit lambic from Belgium could work super for that, but very very few places actually have this kind of stuff on hand.

But that would actually be a great idea for a nice Brasserie with a tasting menu that goes course to course pairing with nothing but handcrafted beers.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Beer is good with dinner occasionally. Unfortunately, around here, the only beer served at restaurants is the usual horse urine. Bud Light, Bud Light and Bud Light. The stores aren't much better but at least I can get Bass Ale or Boddington. Also, will someone tell Coors to stop saying that their beer east of the Mississippi is just as good as what they serve out west.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]I usually keep a few Belgian Blondes and sweet Dubbels around
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

You lucky man.  My wife would kill me if I tried to keep a couple of Belgian Blondes around...  

"I don't always drink beer, but when I do it's Alaskan Amber"

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to TOPIC OF THE DAY?????:
    [QUOTE]Well, we've gone through discussions of politics, race relations, healthcare, Sarah Palin, Vick, Favre, Big Ben, and many others in this "dead" time right before we have any real football to discuss. So what is to be today's discussion? Thank God it's only ten days until an actual game (albeit a preseason one)! We seem to be running out of subjects here! Now I know Taz still wants to talk about zombies, but where is the controversy in that? We all should pretty much agree that those fuc*ers are useless!!!
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]

nothing like a good cold one,football on the big screen,and great freinds
                                        cheers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MIVVVP_Nto&feature=related

Where everybody knows your name