TOPIC OF THE DAY?????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

Re: TOPIC OF THE DAY?????

Ahhhhh, seafood! How I miss it! Right here in Misery (Missouri) where no sea water exists for about Idunno maybe 400 or so miles, there is no such thing as fresh sea food and I have tried, but I cannot eat the stuff they pass for lobster out here, for some reason even the live ones at the supermarket taste terrible. And also Ted Nugent for President. Thank Gd we can inally start talking about football! GO PATS!!!!KMc.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

In Response to Re: TOPIC OF THE DAY?????:
    Apparently, a Boston police officer sent out numerous emails in which he sort of insinuated that Professor Gates had acted like a "banana-eating jungle monkey". He also said he wasn't a racist but was prejudiced against stupid  ( there's that word again ) people. His attorney ( why are we hearing from his attorney? ) said he was quoted out of context. Someone once told me I was fired. But he was quoted out of context. I could show up at the office all I wanted. He just wouldn't give me any more checks.
    Posted by Yapple

I am hesitant to revive this topic, but I am wildly curious as to what context would make "banana-eating jungle monkey" acceptable.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: TOPIC OF THE DAY????? : I am hesitant to revive this topic, but I am wildly curious as to what context would make "banana-eating jungle monkey" acceptable.
    Posted by prairiemike

Monkey eating a banana; Monkey

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: TOPIC OF THE DAY????? : I am hesitant to revive this topic, but I am wildly curious as to what context would make "banana-eating jungle monkey" acceptable.
    Posted by prairiemike

If you are at the zoo and see a monkey which is native to the jungle (not the serengeti or forest or mountain or some other habitat) and he or she is eating a banana, then you look over to your child or spouse and say, "Look a banana-eating jungle monkey."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Sounds great. I looked at their menu and it looks fun. Any palce that changes their menu often is usually worth going to, because you know they are working with market availability, which means it is all fresh. And I'll take duck anything thanks. I didn't know it was in upstate NY, but you can find nice bistro-style restaraunts in some places you wouldn't think, and that is an area with a lot of people who would be willing to drive and spend . . . and I know some of them. LOL.  I actually am a wine lover, but I also keep and buy as much beer and come up with some great pairings. I usually keep a few Belgian Blondes and sweet Dubbels around, along with at least one stout or porter from England and at least one traditional American style brew like a Yuengling or something clean and not overly hopped (like some pricey American beers tend to be) to go with some traditional American foods, and then like an American artisan copper. Pairing beer with food is great, the only thing that holds it back is that there aren't too many beers that are compatible as an apertif or dessert beer, so when I go with beer, I tend to get a fresh cocktail before, and then something like a fine scotch or bourbon to work with the dessert. It is difficult to go front to back on a meal. Although I am sure a fruit lambic from Belgium could work super for that, but very very few places actually have this kind of stuff on hand.   But that would actually be a great idea for a nice Brasserie with a tasting menu that goes course to course pairing with nothing but handcrafted beers.
    Posted by zbellino

Z, I want apologize for my exaggeration.... this is a place we go to when in Potsdam-we went to college there. Before it became 1844 house it was Frenches 1844 House run by two old French ladies and it was really to die for...the Shrimp Corvo MMMM! I would order two entries LOL and the chicken en creme MMMM!

You love wine I love beer really microbrews. I belong to the beer of the month club which is great I get 12 beers a month from around the country. I just had a Fly Dog Triple from Maryland-a pale ale that 9% alcoholSmile it went really well with my BBQ chops

Sections
Shortcuts