Torrey Smith makes stupid comments about the Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Re: Torrey Smith makes stupid comments about the Patriots

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Well, he shouldn't have said it, that wasn't smart. But is he wrong? The Northeast, from DC to Boston is largely populated by the obnoxious and the entitled, especially younger fans. But Boston seems to have more than its share. Philly too.

I used to take my kid to Sox/Rays games in St. Pete. Not any more. The 20-something Sox fans that would show up are obnoxious and annoying. It's not like that at other games, not even Yankee games. At least not to that degree. It wasn't just one time either. 

What's interesting is it wasn't like that even 10 years ago, I don't know what's changed? 

Muz sorry I have been to the Trop on numerous occassions and the redneck Cowbell ringing morons are the ones who start with the nonsense! I'm Sixty and even I would like to bash their heads in, there is nothing more insulting than a redneck, cowbell ringing, moron constantly telling you your team stinks for 9 straight innings, and that you should go home to Boston and watch your team there! Now I don't remember when the Florida became it's own country but evidently it has. In the 70's I used to go to Yankee Stadium too watch the Sox and Yanks go at it, those fans were unruly, but they have nothing on the embiciles in Tampa!

Who's Torrey Smith?

Florida is a banana republic. I've  lived   resided here for over twenty years and can't wait to get back to The States.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mooney12. Show Mooney12's posts

New England fans are horrible. If you watch the game the fans are rarely trying to encourage the Pats or lead them on

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Apparently Torrey Smith never seen Jets fans....  Still a classic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMHWbDld-gg

---------------------------------------------

check out my Patriots photoshops @ patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com for some good laughs.

Photobucket

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Hard to believe some players on the Ravens say stuff like this.  How much Patriot Envy can someone have when they win the SB and are still so obsessed with a team they beat on the way.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Maybe he read the comments section on this site and saw how easily we've released Aaron Hernandez from his contract.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Maybe he read the comments section on this site and saw how easily we've released Aaron Hernandez from his contract.

we've?

I think Mr. Hernandez did this all by himself.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Apparently some people actually give a $h1t what Torrey Smith says.  Regardless, he actually did something that isn't a whole lot different than some of frequent visitors to this forum do:  throw out the bait.  And, predictably a whole lot of people took it.  Ah, well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

It is entertaining!  I need some laughs right now with news about our TE's...

Torrey Smith gets into it with Pats fans on Twitter

Posted by Darin Gantt on June 24, 2013, 7:16 AM EDT New England Patriots v Baltimore RavensGetty Images

At a time when anything mildly controversial brings out the “I’m sorry to those I offended,” reply, give Torrey Smith credit for being firm in his convictions.

The Ravens wide receiver doesn’t like most Patriots fans, it seems.

Smith has been going back and forth with New Englanders on Twitter for days, really months, going back to his emotional performance in September after the death of his brother in a motorcycle accident. But the recent volley, according to Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun, has taken it to the next level of internet fights.

When last September’s win over the Patriots was coupled with a playoff win in January, Smith said he got a load of insensitive messages.

“Played a lot of games since my brothers death and I never received as many rude tweets after a win than Sunday,” Smith wrote in January. “Yet NE fans cry about class.”

Of course, Smith’s not innocent of taunting, remarking that he was pulling for the Blackhawks in the Stanley Cup Finals, and that: “I hate everything about NE except KG.” (Presumably that’s Kevin Garnett, unless he really respects the work of Karen Guregian of the Boston Herald).

That drew them out of their holes, and Smith continued, saying: “I understand that every Fan base has bad fans what I’m saying is NE fans have more than others and think they are better than everyone else.”

He also retweeted a photo someone sent him or a motorcycle arcade game, taunting him about his brother’s death.

That triggered what amounts to a screed:

“As much as I dislike MOST of the fan base I can honestly say that I respect the coaches and ownership,” he wrote. “Ok I’m done starting stuff before I get a phone call from our organization haha…no apologies I meant what I said. .. I’m done responding to fans who confirmed what I originally said…having 1 fan base out of 32 hate you isn’t bad…don’t need y’all see ya.”

He later pointed out he was ready to end the feud, saying: “The Mrs is mad at me for not taking the high road.”

The Mrs. is obviously unfamiliar with the Twitter, where the high road is generally the least-traveled.

Sections
Shortcuts