Torry Holt makes sense!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

Torry Holt makes sense!

Torry Holt is 33 and coming off a decent productive season.  Some think he doesn't have much left, but playing with the Rams and Marc Bulger leaves that argument up to debate.  Holt would certainly be a better option than Patten.  Right now the Pats have an injured  Tate and Welker, Aiken is no WR, Edelman is nice but not enough.  And Steinbach is not even worthy of discussion.  If the Pats want to run the spread offense, then relying only on the draft is not the way to go.  You don't know who's going to be on the board, let alone if they'll pan out at the pro level.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Torry Holt makes sense!

It would be nice to get Holt, but I do not think he is worth a 2nd round pick (the Patriots do not have a 3rd round pick in this draft......yet).  He had decent stats last year.  Bringing him in would spread the offense a bit.

Can we trade Thomas to the Jags for him?  (LOL)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: Torry Holt makes sense!:
    He's a free agent....the Jags released him a few weeks ago. I would like to see the Pats take a shot on him.
    Posted by FishTaco64

My bad!  I thought he was still with the Jags!  He is worth the risk!  I would love to see him across from Moss!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The only problem with trying to get Holt is he really wants to go to the Bears.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I would love it if the Pats picked up Holt. He's a proven receiver and if worst comes to worst they can cut him. He's a better receiver than Galloway and I think he still has a couple good years in him. He did have a decent year on the Jags...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

Holt wants to play 4 the Bears with Mike Martz

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolltide1963. Show rolltide1963's posts

Don't Question Bill ?

We just signed Banta-Cain to the price of $6 Milliom per year.  OK, He had an inpsiring year last season.  But, at  this point, it is one decent year in his first 7 as a professional.  Now, combine that move with with going the cheap route on Anquan Boldin.  Boldin is a proven commodity.   Torry Holt would be the  next 1 year, drive bye receiver.  what next, an attempt to turn a 1973 Ford Pinto into Tom's #2 downfield target ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

@rolltide....TBC has always produced for NE.  How do you think he got the big contract from SF a couple of years ago.  He has never had the opportunity to play as much as he did this year because of the depth at the positions in years past, so now that he has had the opportunity he should continue to improve.  Im not saying he will post 10 sacks every year, but he knows the system and should be good for 7-10 sacks a season.

Also, watch out for Mike Wright.  He played pretty good last year and should improve as well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I am a Tory Holt Fan. This guy can run Pass routes with the best of them and has great hands. He could make a difference on this offense and wouldn't cost us huge.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolltide1963. Show rolltide1963's posts

Patsfan,

I not against Banta-Cain.  My concern is watching Anquan Boldin get away.  Let us just see what happens on draft day.  Perhaps, we end up trading our #22 in the fisrt for Brandon Marshall. 

" Right now the Pats have an injured  Tate and Welker, Aiken is no WR, Edelman is nice but not enough.  And Steinbach is not even worthy of discussion.  If the Pats want to run the spread offense, then relying only on the draft is not the way to go. "

Copied from the initial post in this chain,  It is an ugly reality beginning to take shape.    Golden Tate from Notre Dame ? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

HEY, can he be any worst than Aiken or Stanback??? I'd love for them to get a PROVEN WR, so I at least hope they inquiry about him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

Don't Question Bill ? We just signed Banta-Cain to the price of $6 Milliom per year.  OK, He had an inpsiring year last season.  But, at  this point, it is one decent year in his first 7 as a professional.  Now, combine that move with with going the cheap route on Anquan Boldin.  Boldin is a proven commodity.   Torry Holt would be the  next 1 year, drive bye receiver.  what next, an attempt to turn a 1973 Ford Pinto into Tom's #2 downfield target ?
    Posted by rolltide1963

Banta-Cain may not be one of the league's best pass rushers, but he is the best on the Pats.  So I'm very happy with the signing. 
    Boldin is the past, no point in debating that issue any longer, but the Pats aren't trading for Brandon Marshall, nor are they going to move up in the draft to get Dez.  Holt is the type of player right now that makes perfect sense, not to expense, no risk max reward.  I would feel a little better knowing Holt is on the roster at this point, but right now I see no reason for the Pats to be waiting this long to address a very important need.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

rather have Branch back

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

rather have Branch back
    Posted by kansaspatriot

He's not coming, so why not go with Holt.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

In Response to Re: Torry Holt makes sense! : Holt or Reed? Seems like Holt is quicker but Reed is stronger. Both have great hands and run great routes. I would suggest both but suspect that the Pats are depending on Tate for the speed next year. Therefore we get Reed. Either way I am happy - better than Aiken or Stanback.
    Posted by One-If-By-Sea

Holt provides more of a deep threat than Reed.  Which is exactly what the Pats need opposite Moss.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

ex-Ram, he probably couldn't stomach it. plus he's abou 35 years old. another galloway