Tory Holt is NOT Joey Galloway

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from iambunty. Show iambunty's posts

Tory Holt is NOT Joey Galloway

Tory Holt is not the answer, but its not signing another 38 year old joey galloway.
    Holt is 33 and although he did not put up any TD's last year I think he still has gas left in the tank...

Galloway showed significant drop off in stats the year before we signed him...He went from 6 TD's and 1000 yards to 163 yards alone in 2008, then we signed him for 09.  Tory Holt has obviously aged but still put up 800 yds in a weak passing offense in Jacksonville. 

He's not the answer and we still need some impact players on O, but he will help the situation, instead of worsen it like galloway did

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Re: Tory Holt is NOT Joey Galloway

Holt is the exact opposite of Galloway.  While Galloway got by on pure athletic ability, Holt is a future Hall of Famer because he combined just solid athletic ability with incredibly savvy and intelligence on how to get open and be a reliable target for his quarterback.  Brady is going to love Holt.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

We couldn't draft a guy that will be as productive as Tory Holt this year. This is nice because it opens us up a little to focus on more pressing needs in the draft. I wonder if this means they aren't going to be drafting Dez Bryant?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

To Go with Crumpler, Edelman and Welker when he comes back...Please let's get our O-Line bolstered and get a good running back in the draft. I want to get back to sick-Level on offense.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Holt is more the route runner type, while Galloway was more of the deep sideline threat type. Torry has played with the "Greatest show on Turf", which means he plays smart and has good timing. Galloway lived off his speed. And when Galloway was in Tampa, they weren't really known for their offense! If he and Brady get on the same page it will ease the loss of Welker a lot. Edelman seems to be doing well, but with Holt it will help Tom (and the O-line) immensely. And being an uncapped year they can take some fliers and see who sticks through the summer.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from iambunty. Show iambunty's posts

well if dez drops outta the top 12 passing the broncos and jags, i wouldn't be suprised to seee the pats move up to snag him and then still grab a solid de/olb in the kindle form because graham and the others would be gone...I'd prefer to address this pash rush first and foremost however

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

Great pickup.  Good hands.  Great route runner.  Better than TO.  Younger than Galloway.  Should be a good pickup.  It give the Patriots insurance.  Walker may not be ready in September and the young guys need time to learn

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

bubthegrub has it right. Galloway was just a let me run down the line WR, these types never seem to work out to well for Brady in the past (with Moss and Stalworth being the exceptions) but Holt is a route runner. There is a long list of route runners that excelled under Brady regardless of where they came from or went to.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffectredux. Show mosseffectredux's posts

the name holt sounds great on the other side of moss.this is a madden fantasy team.now i like the idea of holt being here,and i hope he plays better then galloway did,and nothing better to see the holt of the old for one year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

In Response to Re: Tory Holt is NOT Joey Galloway:
    We couldn't draft a guy that will be as productive as Tory Holt this year. This is nice because it opens us up a little to focus on more pressing needs in the draft. I wonder if this means they aren't going to be drafting Dez Bryant?
    Posted by ewhite1065

they werent going to draft bryant anyway... they were goin for demyrius thomas.... they brought in bryant as a smoke screen,

and This doesnt solve anything? This does not take pressure off moss and edelman can do just as much in the slot as holt.

I do like holt but Holt is a slot reciever not a WR2 guy which we need, so it did not relieve any pressure off the draft but more just helped A LITTLE in wide reciever.. but not much because HES A WR3, WR4... which we have plenty of.

But besides that I dont mind the pick up but dont look for him to be the answer or problem solved because its not even close, Still need WR2.

If we draft Thomas, then we solidify our WR corps and its lights out... because Thomas, Moss, tate, holt, welker, edelman, will be hard to contain... we wil just have to hope BJG, morris, faulk and taylor stay healthy when we trade away maroney

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

the name holt sounds great on the other side of moss.this is a madden fantasy team.now i like the idea of holt being here,and i hope he plays better then galloway did,and nothing better to see the holt of the old for one year.
    Posted by mosseffectredux

Madden fantasy team? you must be pretty bad...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I think it puts a solid WR corps out for 2010.  Moss, Holt, Edelman, with a #4 being filled by Tate/Stanback/Aiken.  When Welker gets back he can take the slot again.  It relieves the need for one of the 2nd year guys, or rookies to become starters right away.  That allows BB to draft a #1 WR who can develop for a year and take over for Moss instead of looking at an immediate need at #2.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffectredux. Show mosseffectredux's posts

clarkey,i can play this roster right now on madden,and at the end of the year,all players will be rated in there 90,s

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

IMO, its a nice pickup, better than galloway...but the guy isnt very fast anymore and will not be out-running anyone to the end zone

but it is a nice pick up in case younger players dont develop or there are injuries in the WR corps

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Tory Holt is NOT Joey Galloway:
    Tory Holt is not the answer, but its not signing another 38 year old joey galloway. Holt is 33 and although he did not put up any TD's last year I think he still has gas left in the tank... Galloway showed significant drop off in stats the year before we signed him...He went from 6 TD's and 1000 yards to 163 yards alone in 2008, then we signed him for 09.  Tory Holt has obviously aged but still put up 800 yds in a weak passing offense in Jacksonville.  He's not the answer and we still need some impact players on O, but he will help the situation, instead of worsen it like galloway did
    Posted by iambunty

I agree with 1 thing that you said, but for different reasons.....Holt is no Galloway.  Galloway could not grasp the Pats offense...Galloway did not have less production the year before because of age....he was injured and then when he came back, someone else was there.  So Galloway didn't play much after.....

Holt is a smart route runner, he doesn't have the blazing speed he once had, but he is a better version of Gaff-me.

Also, Holt is the same age as Moss.....and I am hearing some of the same things about Holt that I did about Moss when he first came here.  I think that Holt has something to prove and this Offense is shaping up pretty well.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Tory Holt is NOT Joey Galloway : I agree with 1 thing that you said, but for different reasons.....Holt is no Galloway.  Galloway could not grasp the Pats offense...Galloway did not have less production the year before because of age....he was injured and then when he came back, someone else was there.  So Galloway didn't play much after..... Holt is a smart route runner, he doesn't have the blazing speed he once had, but he is a better version of Gaff-me. Also, Holt is the same age as Moss.....and I am hearing some of the same things about Holt that I did about Moss when he first came here.  I think that Holt has something to prove and this Offense is shaping up pretty well.
    Posted by m1021us

just curious, what are you hearing?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Tory Holt is NOT Joey Galloway : just curious, what are you hearing?
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

People are saying that Holt is old and slowing down......pretty much what many were saying about Moss...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Tory Holt is NOT Joey Galloway : People are saying that Holt is old and slowing down......pretty much what many were saying about Moss...
    Posted by m1021us

well there is a tremendous difference between the two players

randy has always had an edge about him and that has gotten him into trouble...his trouble was during the prime of his career and is what, (and a big bottle of scotch to al davis) got him traded for a 4th or 5th round pick(cant remember off the top of my head)

holt has always been very steady and consistent...but he has undoubtedly slowed down...still a fine football player and a good leader...but the issues between the two players are completely different leading up to this point

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Tory Holt is NOT Joey Galloway : well there is a tremendous difference between the two players randy has always had an edge about him and that has gotten him into trouble...his trouble was during the prime of his career and is what, (and a big bottle of scotch to al davis) got him traded for a 4th or 5th round pick(cant remember off the top of my head) holt has always been very steady and consistent...but he has undoubtedly slowed down...still a fine football player and a good leader...but the issues between the two players are completely different leading up to this point
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

They have similarities....their down stats were when they were on bad teams with bad QB's.....

I still don't know how you and these pundits can say that he lost a step......like Moss had lost a step....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

I'm not upset about this pickup. But now they need to let Aiken go for sure

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffectredux. Show mosseffectredux's posts

who cares if holt has slowed down.he is a very good receiver when there is a great QB at the other end.he will be a great possesion receiver like harrison was with wayne,and boldin was with fitzgerald.