Tory Holt to Pats

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Tory Holt to Pats

Just heard it on the hub.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Re: Tory Holt to Pats

I like this signing. Last season he had 51 receptions for 722 yards on a not so good Jags team. He didn't have any TDs, but those will come on a better team with more players for the team to cover. Definitely a worthy number 2 WR while Tate, Edelman, and whatever rookies we get can learn from him and Moss.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wingman23. Show Wingman23's posts

He did have 51 receptions for 722 yards last year....with David Garrard throwing to him.  

I say with Brady throwing him the ball this year and no Welker for most of the season, he could make 75 catches for 900 yards and 5 TD's. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

I'm happy we got him too.  No baggage here!  Right up the Pats alley too! - To sign a one-year, $1.7 million deal with New England, according to a league source.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

cant hurt... he isnt just a burner like galloway was supposed to be

Holt is a precise route runner and will age more gracefully than a deep threat like Galloway would/did

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

In his 12 year career, he's missed a total of 3 games. Good safe pick up IMO.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/36668867/ns/sports-player_news/

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

certainly increases our draft flexibility.  My guess is we don't sign a WR until the 6th round now....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

PERFECT signing.  I've thought this was a match made in heaven from the beginning.  A receiver who knows how to put himself in the position his quarterback needs him to be in to make the play.  Brady is going to absolutely love this guy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

In Response to Re: Tory Holt to Pats:
    Are you serious! I am so happy we made this signing if its true, he is still a great route runner and will be great for what we use him for. We wont ask him to go deep so the fact that he lost a step wont be that bad, he had like 800 yards last year on a team with no Tom Brady so I think this is a solid pick up.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

Didn't the Pats learn their lesson from Galloway. This guy is way too old!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

Galloway was expected to just be that straight line deep threat like Stallworth was... Problem was.. His legs were gone and he couldnt adjust and become an underneath target

Torry Holt made a career of torturing #1 CB's underneath... Now at his elderly state (LOL) he can face #2 CB's and still be the precise route runner he has always been. Very good underrated signing. Good fit on this roster. Moss, Holt, Edelman, Tate isnt a bad 1-4... I think they will still draft one to get another young guy

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

This is a vet fill in the gap signing, it does not in any way preclude a high draft pick.  WR's usually take a while.

Assuming Holt learns the play book fast and runs good routes unlike Gallaway, he's a solid addition.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCommittee. Show TheCommittee's posts

I'm thrilled. If there was one FA move I wanted the Pats to make, this was it.

Holt is exactly what this offense needs - a receiver that has the ability to get open with a pair of reliable hands. Holt even produced with David Garrard throwing to him. This move slightly revives the "pick your poison" dynamic of this offense that hasn't been here since 2007 (notice that I said slightly, not fully - that remains to be seen). Holt gives this offense a guy that can routinely make catches when all the other targets are covered (something Sam Aiken can't do consistently). All in all, I absolutely love this move.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

Gotta be happy about this signing the guy at least catches the ball.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

We all called for it and we got him!

love the signing. it is the perfect move for this team.  

wow Randy Moss and Tory Holt on the same team??!?!   i know they arent what they were, but that is Legendary. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Without been across from Moss or having a degerous slot guy like Edelman he still managed to catch 51 passes for 770+ yards.  He will be even better in this O, 33 is not old.  This is a great fit, he is a solid #2 with great hands.  B. Tate gets to learn from one of the best WRs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

I like this signing. Last season he had 51 receptions for 722 yards and 6 TDs on a not so good Jags team. Definitely a worthy number 2 WR while Tate, Edelman, and whatever rookies we get can learn from him and Moss.
    Posted by magicalhobo

Correction: 51 Rec-722 y-0TD

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Didn't the Pats learn their lesson from Galloway. This guy is way too old!
    Posted by jader

Jader, Galloway was always a speed guy.  Holt was always great, borderline HOF.  He runs great routes, Galloway didnt.  This is a great signing as a stopgap.  I am very happy with this signing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joakimbrian. Show Joakimbrian's posts

ive been waiting for this signing to happen!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

Season Team   Receiving Rushing Fumbles
    G GS Rec Yds Avg Lng TD Att Yds Avg Lng TD FUM Lost
    2009 Jacksonville Jaguars 15 12 51 722 14.2 63 0 -- -- -- -- -- 1 1
    2008 St. Louis Rams 16 14 64 796 12.4 45T 3 -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    2007 St. Louis Rams 16 16 93 1,189 12.8 40 7 -- -- -- -- -- 2 1
    2006 St. Louis Rams 16 16 93 1,188 12.8 67T 10 -- -- -- -- -- 2 1

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

His stats are impressive. Will be a good compliment to Moss tis 83 is back and running!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Well it can't hurt us, that's for sure.  Would still like to see the Pats either pickup Dez if he is available in the first or another in the second just so we have a potential future #1 we can groom under these great vets. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

Holt is a nice complimentary WR at this point in his career.  Nice move by the Pats.  Holt fills the Jabar Gaffney role they never replaced.  However, WR is still a major need going forward for the Pats because Moss and Holt may not be here beyond 2010.