Tory Holt?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

Tory Holt?

Could Tory Holt be the answer for the patriots at the #3 wide receiver position. Hes an unrestricted free agent this offseason.

- Hes 33 years old.
    - Brings experience and veteran leadership that can add depth to the WR position
    - Currently the position lacks a threat that can line up opposite field from randy moss.
    - Former All - Pro putting up respectable numbers for a #2 WR on a run first jaguars. (51 rec 766 yards)

We took a risk on Joey Galloway, however Holt is more of a dynamic receiver than the straight line running galloway.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Re: Tory Holt?

I would take the chance for the right price....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

If the Patriots want a WR there are plenty of nice WR's in this draft,were I the Patriots I would seriously look at Shipley the kid from Texas he catches everything thrown in his direction,the thing about him is he's more of a slot guy,but the kid is a solid receiver. They need to stop dragging in every wounded knee WR they can sign. I can think of 10-15 WR's available in this draft that are worthy of being drafted in the first 2 rounds,and another 5 or more who could be drafted in the 4th or 6th rounds.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I agree for the right price I would do that but I still hold out hope the Pats will cough up a second round pick and maybe a late round one as well if needed to get Boldin from Arizona.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

I would take the chance....  They are without Welker the majority of the year.....Bradon Tate has had serious knee injuries....but the Patriots need to draft a young WR at the end of the 2nd round or maybe a "project" in the 4th round or 3rd round (if they acquire a 3rd round pick)

And of course as long as it is at the right price!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

Asking price for Holt has to be considerably low this year- he took the risk of signing a 1 year deal with the jaguars to find out that he got 0 touchdowns from garrard.

welker wont be ready - they need a body to set up that can be a threat down the field and can run posts and slants.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

We will need two options to start the year......Holt MAY be an answer...but I want a good backup plan also

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

low risk option... showed he had a little in the tank for jacksonville last year

i would like to see 2 WR's signed.... 2 vets to go with Edelman and Tate with Randy of course

But we need a legit threat opposite of Randy

I would be happy with T Owens and Kassim Osgood

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

Problem with owens would be the drops. not as much the character. are you willing to take the chance on a player thats career is dwindling to an end and has the reputation of butter fingers.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Boldin has only played all 16 games twice in his 7 year career.  He suffers injuries and is out for at least two games a year in some years (2007 2008) he was out for 4.

Why spend the $$s on his contract, the draft picks compensation to the Cards for a guy who won't give you a full season.  There are better options if you want to spend those picks and $$ on a WR, look at Jackson or Floyd from the Chargers.

Holt could be an option, he has experience in the type of offense so he should actually be productive if he can still run.
    He had a decent season with an offense that's not as explosive as the Pats, caught 51 for 722 and 14.2 ypc no TDs.
    He can also come in and help develop WRs that the Pats get through the draft.  Someone in another thread mentioned a kid by the name of Marcus Easly (projected 6th rounder) 6'3" 214lbs runs a 4.40 40.  Would need to develop, was a walk on at UConn.

Sections
Shortcuts