Tory Holt????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

Tory Holt????

The Jags just cut him. While he has slipped the pas two years, here are his numbers. Not bad for an outside receiver. Plus, he is only 33 (20 years younger than Galloway) and is a VERY precise route runner. Not a speedster, but with his football smarts and Brady (as opposed to Garrard or Whitey Bulger), he could help here.

2009Jacksonville Jaguars15125172214.2630----------11
    2008St. Louis Rams16146479612.445T3--------------

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Re: Tory Holt????

more like brandon marshall

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2ffeatures%2frumors

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I wouldn't be opposed to kicking the tires on him.  If he can dupliate last years production plus a couple TD's (which is realistic), it'd be a huge plus to the offense.  That'd give them exactly the production Denver got from Gaffney and fans where clamoring for him all last year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rabbrandy. Show rabbrandy's posts

irving fryar?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

remember the Tory Holt circa 'The Greatest Show on Turf'? Fabulous career in STL, but they wanted to get out out paying him a huge contract and he had some knee issues, don't really know the extent, but did have injuries. That being said, everyone DID say Randy Moss was done, right?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

I wouldn't mind him as low risk contract. Like Galloway last year. But I would definitely want a solid backup plan. Maybe a Deion Branch.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Please no, I don't want to see the Pats get anymore maybe one year left in the tank players for next year. Lets bring in players who can be upgrades over last year and can stick around with the team for the next 4-5 years.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

nope, he's over the hill

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

Hart Lee Dykes?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

NOPE!  Need Younger & Faster ones.  (See Boldin & B. Marshall type)  Moss won't be around forever, Boldin & or Marshall could step right in as a #1 WR when Moss does hang it up.

Hopefully the Pats feel the same way too....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimNotJimmy. Show JimNotJimmy's posts

Greg McMurtry?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

Bethel Johnson

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Tory Holt????:
    The Jags just cut him. While he has slipped the pas two years, here are his numbers. Not bad for an outside receiver. Plus, he is only 33 (20 years younger than Galloway) and is a VERY precise route runner. Not a speedster, but with his football smarts and Brady (as opposed to Garrard or Whitey Bulger), he could help here. 2009 Jacksonville Jaguars 15 12 51 722 14.2 63 0 -- -- -- -- -- 1 1 2008 St. Louis Rams 16 14 64 796 12.4 45T 3 -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    Posted by Caesar1177

I'm With you Caesar..He's better than Gaffney, Better than Stallworth and shouldn't even be compared to someone like Galloway. He's a great route runner and still has a couple more productive years left. I haven't read up on the story but my first impression is that he was cut for $$$$ Purposes.He'd produce here so if the money is right I say we sign him if possible.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

Too much wear and tear.    

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

The guy is only 33. Two year deal is not a bad investment if the price is right. By that time Tate and Edleman and maybe a third unknown will be at full potential

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

Mine as well keep Galloway then............bad idea............sign Stephon Starring then too.........

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Why not give Galloway another shot?

The team's troubles are beyond a quick fix.

They need to get a FB and RB, ditch the shotgun, and get tougher, overall, on offense.

On the other side of the ball, the Defense needs to be dumbed down. BB is asking too much from his young players. It kills me to say this, but, in this copy cat league, Indy's D is great example to follow. Unfortunatley, BB seems determined to micromanage this team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Didn't we learn anything from the Joey Galloway signing?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArmyPatsFan. Show ArmyPatsFan's posts

I like the idea of checking him out.  The Pats usually bring a number of veterans into camp and try to put together the best group they can out of the bunch.  Remember when the Pats had Brown, Caldwell, Jackson and Gaffney and they went and added Moss, Welker, Stallworth and Washington?  They cut Caldwell, had Brown and Jackson on PUP and went w/ 6 WRs of Moss, Wes, Donte, Gaff and Wash. 
    Bring in Holt and Stallworth, see what they can get out of them.  No one is saying they can't trade for Boldin or sign another FA or draft some one.  It can't hurt to bring dudes into camp.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

The Galloway Comparison is sort of a facile analogy. These are 2 completely different receivers. Tory holt was an all pro in a precision passing offense that was similar to what we run here. Holt isn't going to command much money and The Pats aren't going to spend any huge bucks to get a guy Like Marshall or Boldin. They already have Randy on the Books for about 9 mil( 3rd year of a 27 mil contract)this year. I can't see Belichick throwing any more large money that direction. He's going to be focused on his defense in the off season and probably address the RB in the draft. It's low risk and I'd definitely check it out.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I would love to see Steve Smith (Carolina), but he's not a free agent until next year.  Holt is good, I think he would be a good fit.  The Patriots are in need or the easiest type of reciever to find.  Great deep threats, and and great slot recievers are tough to find, but somehow the Pats couldn't find that mid level possesion reciever.  Every 3rd reciever they put in this year got injured so I think someone will emerge next year.