Tough break for Tyrone McKenzie

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Tough break for Tyrone McKenzie

Tyrone McKenzie tore his ACL in the rookie mini camp, what a tough break for a guy I thought was going to shock and awe people this year. I am still very high on this kid but man this is dissapointing. I was reallylooking forward to seeing if he was all i thought he could be. Now I really wish we didnt cut Bo Ruud and let him go to the Browns as we now have an opening for him to fill. Gary Guyton and Bruschi will do just fine in rotation while Mayo dominates the inside but i was really looking forward to this kid somehow working his way into the lineup. I truely hope he makes it back next year and gets his chance to show what he can do.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: Tough break for Tyrone McKenzie

Tough, tough break for McKenzie.

This is another example of the tremendous crapshoot the potential NFL career is.
    Five minutes in, you might be done.

Hopefully, the kid can recover fully and go on to a tremendous career in the league, but knee injuries are their own special universe and one is never exactly like another.

This got me to thinking about guys who are lucky enough to avoid injury and yet derail their own careers through sheer stupidity.

Anybody know what Pac Man is up to these days?

Is he serving fries somewhere?

Does anybody know?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BXBoston. Show BXBoston's posts

Since he's not signed will they cut him?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

No way they cut him.  We always stick our rookies on IR for their first year, but usually we wait till Game 4 of the preseason.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

Can we have a do-over on the 3rd round? Just kidding, but what a freakin tough break for the guy, on his FIRST practice! Sure if he's signed we can cut him, but If they felt enough to draft the guy as a 3rd rounder, they'll find a way to keep him around as he probably won't show anything until the 2nd half of his 2nd year-3rd year.
    Let's hope the young man perseveres!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

This is a horrible break for the Patriots, as well as McKenzie. The kid would have been part of the ILB rotation...a position where the Patriots are thin.

It could mean that Junior Seau will once again be on BB's speed dial list.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Tyrone McKenzie worked so hard to get where he is right now.  Tough break to see all of it go to waste like this.  This puts the Pats in a hole as well, very thin at ILB

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

He will recover and if he is half the man/player I think he is he will bounce back next year with something to prove. I hope so, he could have been a big factor this year in my opinion. I hope we bring in Seau as i am a big fan and still to this day want him to win his first and only title with the pats. teh guy came out of retirement to win a championship and then he was almost apart of a 19-0 season i just want to see him go out on a high note. with him bruschi guyton and mayo we would be all set.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Imagine if this happened to the Pats with a 1st rd pick.  This is exactly why I'm glad the Pats when for quantity in this years draft, injuries will happen in the NFL, which is why putting all your eggs in one basket is not the right direction to take, which is exactly why I don't want the Pats to sign Julius Peppers.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Poor kid. This is brutal or as Thomas Hobbes may have said the average NFL career is "nasty, brutish and short". I really really hope things work out for this kid and he continues to overcome adversity.

Sections
Shortcuts