Toughest Team on Way to S.B? (Should we face them).

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Toughest Team on Way to S.B? (Should we face them).

in afc, denver

in nfc

seattle,

sf ,

and giants;

teams that dont have to blitz to get pressure and have hard as nails defenses and who use pass interference techniques like hitting just before the ball arises, and holding frequently (though arrington holds and or committs pass int on nearly very play too [though not always called]).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Re: Toughest Team on Way to S.B? (Should we face them).

all of them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

the tangled feet in the end zone was a gimme and legal hit on Hern, which was called hitting a defenseless receiver was clearly a non helmet to helmet but a shoulder below his neck. you need a presence of freebies to remain in the game. both calls led to 14  points.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from leafswin27. Show leafswin27's posts

in the AFC I think the Pats toughest thing may be to go to Denver and win.. other than that I think it is theirs to lose.. They shoudl be able to handle the rest quite easily

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonboston. Show bostonboston's posts

All of them except the Giants, when the playoffs start they will be on the outside looking in. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonboston. Show bostonboston's posts

In response to GEAUX-TIGRES' comment:

the tangled feet in the end zone was a gimme and legal hit on Hern, which was called hitting a defenseless receiver was clearly a non helmet to helmet but a shoulder below his neck. you need a presence of freebies to remain in the game. both calls led to 14  points.

Are you talking about the rule that states:

It is a foul if a player initiates unnecessary contact against a player who is in a defenseless posture.

Players in a defenseless posture are:

A receiver attempting to catch a pass; or who has completed a catch and has not had time to protect himself or has not clearly become a runner….

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to leafswin27's comment:

in the AFC I think the Pats toughest thing may be to go to Denver and win.. other than that I think it is theirs to lose.. They shoudl be able to handle the rest quite easily

leafs,
    what about nfc teams?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to bostonboston's comment:

All of them except the Giants, when the playoffs start they will be on the outside looking in. 

im looking forward to that possibility

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

well the way its looking now, probobaly the broncos and texans in the afc and if they play in the super bowl, the most dangerous teams may be the 49ers and packers, ill throw in the giants as well. i just hope they dont overlook their opponent in the wild card round.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I think the Texans will be the toughest in the AFC for the Pats. Like the Jets in 2010 they have some  game film on the Pats and very good defensive coaches. Unless Gronk is healthy it's hard to imagine the Texans being surprised by anything this time. The Broncos will be tough of course too. I expect the Pats to have a 10 point lead inthe 4th against the Broncos and have to hang on for dear life like they usually do against Manning.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In the AFC? No one, none of them have a defense that can hold up against the Patriots. 

Houston plays too many zones and when they try to man, they're dead in the water.

For Denver, Brady owns their defense and our defense is set up to face Denver's offense. Talib proved that he could take away a team's best WR, the 49ers only picked on Dennard, Arrington, Gregory and us in zones. Talib and McCourty had great games. 

Talib on Thomas will eliminate him and I think Dennard can handle Decker, Denver doesn't have an elite TE so we don't have to worry about how our LBs match up. 

In the NFC, the Packers scare me. I won't admit to the 49ers because they beat us without Gronk and we made a sh*t ton of mistakes on offense. I doubt we see anything like that again. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Denver does not have a hard as nails defense !!!!!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME ????

sf yes

seattle yes

Giants yes

Denver has a good defense, a very good defense, but not as the other teams you mentioned.

i would like to see how many yards we have put on Denver last 3 games (11 months)

In response to bredbru's comment:

in afc, denver

in nfc

seattle,

sf ,

and giants;

teams that dont have to blitz to get pressure and have hard as nails defenses and who use pass interference techniques like hitting just before the ball arises, and holding frequently (though arrington holds and or committs pass int on nearly very play too [though not always called]).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Denver has the additional Q factor of high altitude and low O2 and the Pats have to go there early to acclimatize.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

In the AFC? No one, none of them have a defense that can hold up against the Patriots. 

Houston plays too many zones and when they try to man, they're dead in the water.

For Denver, Brady owns their defense and our defense is set up to face Denver's offense. Talib proved that he could take away a team's best WR, the 49ers only picked on Dennard, Arrington, Gregory and us in zones. Talib and McCourty had great games. 

Talib on Thomas will eliminate him and I think Dennard can handle Decker, Denver doesn't have an elite TE so we don't have to worry about how our LBs match up. 

In the NFC, the Packers scare me. I won't admit to the 49ers because they beat us without Gronk and we made a sh*t ton of mistakes on offense. I doubt we see anything like that again. 

hey 49,
    the dennard talib move only works if they are healthy and if bb moves back to man to man coverage. in zone, dennard and our secondary as  whole are defenseless.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

90% accomplished. giants about out.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

hey 49,
    the dennard talib move only works if they are healthy and if bb moves back to man to man coverage. in zone, dennard and our secondary as  whole are defenseless.

Dennard isn't bad in zones, he wasn't beat against the 49ers. The Pats secondary got Moss-ed, McCourty saw Moss and he floated to him because CK eyed him down. That left Dennard covering two guys, when CK looked off Moss, he had a chance to pick between Walker or Davis. 

Kapernick made the right call, he went to Walker and Dennard was to far off to recover. Had CK gone after Davis, he surely would have been picked off or had an incomplete pass. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

hey 49,

Dennard isn't bad in zones, he wasn't beat against the 49ers. The Pats secondary got Moss-ed, McCourty saw Moss and he floated to him because CK eyed him down. That left Dennard covering two guys, when CK looked off Moss, he had a chance to pick between Walker or Davis. 

Kapernick made the right call, he went to Walker and Dennard was to far off to recover. Had CK gone after Davis, he surely would have been picked off or had an incomplete pass. 

49, i saw that play and was not referring to it, referring to his coverage all day. he looks very good in man. not as much in zone

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Actually if both HOU and BAL won at 1pm next Sunday, the Pats will know who the 5th and 6th seeds are, and can, if BB decides to be crafty, choose to be either the 3rd or 4th seed, and therefore pick who they are playing not only in the wildcard game but the first round of the playoff as well. 

For example, if the Pats are the 4th seed, they will play HOU in the first round, and the Texans have not been playing well lately. Also BAL may knock out DEN in the first round.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:

Actually if both HOU and BAL won at 1pm next Sunday, the Pats will know who the 5th and 6th seeds are, and can, if BB decides to be crafty, choose to be either the 3rd or 4th seed, and therefore pick who they are playing not only in the wildcard game but the first round of the playoff as well. 

For example, if the Pats are the 4th seed, they will play HOU in the first round, and the Texans have not been playing well lately. Also BAL may knock out DEN in the first round.

Bal has never beaten P. Manning, and it got destroyed at home this season. I give Bal a better shot at beating HOU than Den. HOU is not as imposing as they were earlier in the season. Flacco was as bad as they get when he played HOU. If he plays like he did today, they may have a chance.

As for the Pats, I have not been impressed with the line play the last 4 weeks (offensive and defensive). No AFC team has a secondary that can matchup with the Pats receivers. But if the Oline struggles, than you're going to have games like today, last season's Super Bowl, last season's AFCCG, etc.

Outside of C. Jones in the closing minutes of today's game, this Dline is alarmingly inconsistent. Should this team play Manning, the Pats cannot afford to let him get comfortable in the pocket.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

that assumes a kc loss, which is not guaranteed (unless yo uknwo something there i dont :)

by the way, manipulating who we play if we dotn get teh bye is someting i started a thread about last week (and i think is on page 1 or 2 today). im all for it if we dont bye

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Not sure that Belicheck will hand the game to the Fins regardless...End of the day win lose or draw our first playoff game will be at home..That's already decided..the question is do we get a week off or not...the Indy-Texans match-up should be decided by kickoff of the Pats game...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

in afc, denver

in nfc

seattle,

sf ,

and giants;

I been telling people for a while they better start taking Petey Carrol seriously. I mean what else does he have to do. Hes been to the playoffs and won games 2 years ago. He has beaten us and the 9ers and they look poised to do some damage while everyone is limping in. Yea that Petey, he really S*cks! lol

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

We need Talib and Dennard back or Denver will present big problems with Manning and their receivers.  Plus our O line has to play better against Denver's pass rush.  We had an excellent game plan against Denver last game, but I don't expect that to work this time.  Teams have realized that being physical up front, stuffing the run, and getting decent pressure works better against the Patriots than playing the nickel and focusing on pass coverage. 

Seattle and SF both have aggressive defenses that can force our offense to be one-dimensional.  Then everything depends on Brady and the short passing game working flawlessly--and our defense keeping the game close.  Seattle's offense looks pretty good to me . . . a very mobile QB and some decent receivers and a great running back.  If we don't have Talib and Dennard, they'll give us trouble.  Don't count out Green Bay either.  If our secondary isn't healthy, Rogers and that passing game could be a problem for us. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Indy is already locked in as the 5th seed regardless of anything else, and the 6th is the loser of Cinci/Balt. HOU will very likely have a first round bye.  The Pats will play the loser of Cinci/Balt (most likely) or Indy, or they will get a bye (highly unlikely). They will definitely not play Houston. There is no scenario for that to happen.

Let's hope Cinci and Baltimore beat the snot out of each other, although really what are they playing for?  It's just seeding at this point. Division title? Big deal.

Sections
Shortcuts