Tracy White and Ninko INT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidSeattle. Show DavidSeattle's posts

Tracy White and Ninko INT

Tracy White's knockdown of Jets TE # 81 was the key to Ninko's INT.and score. as R.N. saw L.T. alone in the middle and moved decisively to intercept.
     The Pats have been severely damaged over the middle by opponents TE  in several games. White's play was the first LB I've seen all year taking a receiver out of his route with a Knockdown. Why hasn't there been more of this?
     Why did this take so long and from a player who has played mostly special teams?
     During the Dallas game, T.Aikman noted the Pats LB letting receivers run freely through their area with no attempt to check the opponent!
     I think the LB's have been taking too deep a drop in many instances.
     Rational comments are welcome.

Go Pats

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradythebest. Show Bradythebest's posts

Re: Tracy White and Ninko INT

I like what I saw there. But thought knocking him down like that, they will be flagged. If thats not a penalty, then why can't everyone do that? To welker or gronk or keller or gates or any potential threat? Can anyone explain this, as I am not sure if thats allowed?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidSeattle. Show DavidSeattle's posts

In Response to Re: Tracy White and Ninko INT:
    [QUOTE]I like what I saw there. But thought knocking him down like that, they will be flagged. If thats not a penalty, then why can't everyone do that? To welker or gronk or keller or gates or any potential threat? Can anyone explain this, as I am not sure if thats allowed?
    Posted by Bradythebest[/QUOTE]
    A Knockdown or check is a legal defnsive play if done with in 5 yds of scrimmage and before the ball is thrown

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tracy White and Ninko INT : A Knockdown or check is a legal defnsive play if done with in 5 yds of scrimmage and before the ball is thrown
    Posted by DavidSeattle[/QUOTE]

I think you may have answered your own question.  Although I'm certain there have been many instances of underneath routes being run within 5 yds of the LOS most of the passes across the middle I've seen completed appeared to be a result of a route run just a little deeper than that.  Don't have any stats to back that up; just a perception.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jallen1952-formelyJallen3531. Show jallen1952-formelyJallen3531's posts

Excellent post and observation.

Not having Gary "I'll stand around until someone catches the ball" Guyton out of the lineup was the first step to success.  If GG was in there LT would still have been open.  It feels good to have some instinctive players on the field again.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I'm with you guys completely. Overall, I think who we started and played in the Jets game did better without GG on the field. I also liked the physical play of our LB's, putting the hits on Keller throughout the game.
    It was in BB's game plan to take Keller out. One sure fire way is just to lay him out and not let him get into his route. BB might not have this in every gameplan as there are quite a few TE's that are not good, nor targeted often from their QBs. Keller however is, and a favorite weapon of Sancheeze.

I think what we saw last week, in terms of the Pats D shutting down the Jets is something we can take to the bank going forward....just need to execute like that every time...limit the run game, take Keller out, bracket Holmes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tracy White and Ninko INT : A Knockdown or check is a legal defnsive play if done with in 5 yds of scrimmage and before the ball is thrown
    Posted by DavidSeattle[/QUOTE]

True but we all know that one officiating crew will throw a flag on it while another one won't. Or maybe it has to do with what phase the moon is in. Bottom line is you can know the rules and try to play within them but we all know the rules are interpreted different every time you take the field.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidSeattle. Show DavidSeattle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tracy White and Ninko INT : True but we all know that one officiating crew will throw a flag on it while another one won't. Or maybe it has to do with what phase the moon is in. Bottom line is you can know the rules and try to play within them but we all know the rules are interpreted different every time you take the field.
    Posted by Evil2012[/QUOTE]
    However it is called, it is a legal tactic and should be continuously used by a weak defense to assist the secondary's limitations of man cover. One fewer receiver and one more DB for cover.
     Some of the coments here sound like :"Don't cover deep because you may get flagged" DON'T DO IT BECAUSE YOU MAY BE PENALIZED!
     MY ? IS WHY HAVE THE PATS AVOIDED THIS VERY DISRUPTIVE LEGALTACTIC?
    If Aikman notices this lack of chucking, then every OPPONENT Off. Co-od must  NOTE IT as welll.

Go Pats

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidSeattle. Show DavidSeattle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tracy White and Ninko INT : I think you may have answered your own question.  Although I'm certain there have been many instances of underneath routes being run within 5 yds of the LOS most of the passes across the middle I've seen completed appeared to be a result of a route run just a little deeper than that.  Don't have any stats to back that up; just a perception.
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE
    ]AT3,
    Every route starts within 5 yds of scrimmage, i'm not being sarcastic,AJ, A DB or LB can slam a receiver within the 5 yds. Get them within 5 yds.!!
     The Pats don't play that way. Why?????? I have no idea.
     It depends on how soft the D plays. We all know the secondary is young and needs all the help it can get. I'm questioning the coaching strategy.
     I think the LB's are told to play too soft. Why? I have no idea. It just doesn't make sense if you are playing to win and not satisfy Las Vegas.
     This Dream of Triumph is still possible. There are 3-4 teams to be removed from the path, Steelers, Ravens,Raiders, jets All can be beaten with a solid Defense, Not capitulating to the media.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidSeattle. Show DavidSeattle's posts

If you don't read this post then you are ducking the problem with professional athletics. They are NOT sports. They are businesses. And as corrupt as any american business..
     I think

Go Pats

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I've noticed that we have a lot of trouble getting hands on guys withing the five yard bump area. I'm talking like were not even getting a hand on some guys when we're lined up right in front of them. I've seen corners do this to tight ends. How can a corner (Arrington) not be quick enough to get a hand on a guy that out weighs him by 30lbs?

I wonder if they're being coached that way for fear that the refs will call pass interference or perhaps they feel that the limited bump area is too small and thus not worth the risk of losing your positioning or footing - and getting lost on the play. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Spikes isn't as good as a lot of people think he is.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPATT. Show SANPATT's posts

[QUOTE]Spikes isn't as good as a lot of people think he is.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

I am not his huge fan but guy brings good energy to defense and is good at shhoting the gap.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Polonium. Show Polonium's posts

Remember the AFC Championship when both McGinest and Phifer hit Pollard off his route?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

[QUOTE]Spikes isn't as good as a lot of people think he is.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

He is really good against the run.