Trade Brady?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nickelbean. Show nickelbean's posts

Trade Brady?

I think we should trade Tom Brady to Carolina for the first pick in the draft.  You think this sounds stupid but Tom Brady is 34 and not getting any younger.  We could draft Andrew Luck with that pick and pick A.J. Green with the 15/16th pick.  If we do that we will have a young defense and young players at skill positions on offense so we will be set for years to come!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Re: Trade Brady?

I know its snowing out and everyone is probably bored stuck in their houses but seriously, don't resort to drugs.  They are bad for you and lead to posts like this one.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

<no comment>

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

I'm curious. Did the lobotomy leave a scar or are you able to pass for normal without a hat?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

ROFL dude get off the drugs. Brady will be a better QB over the next 5 years then Luck will most likely be in his entire career. Not to mention Green isn't going to be there at 15.

Why on Gods green earth do you want to remove the reason we are by far the #1 O in the league just to get a younger weapon? It would only make sense if we were in the bottom of the league in O not as the clear #1 O in the league

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Double-T. Show Double-T's posts

In Response to Trade Brady?:
    I think we should trade Tom Brady to Carolina for the first pick in the draft.  You think this sounds stupid but Tom Brady is 34 and not getting any younger.  We could draft Andrew Luck with that pick and pick A.J. Green with the 15/16th pick.  If we do that we will have a young defense and young players at skill positions on offense so we will be set for years to come!
    Posted by nickelbean

Really, OK he's traded, now how does it feel?

Brady can play at this level for another 4-5 years or more.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA ...OOOHHHHH  HA HA HA HA HA HA ...  OH MY. WHAT A JOKE!  HA HA HA HA HA .... SHEESH, IS THAT WHAT A SNOW STORM AND HAVING ALL THE BEER IN THE HOUSE TO YOURSELF DOES?  HA HA HA HA HA HA ... ROFLMAO...  HA HA HA ..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Posted by nickelbean

I am really scared right now! Really scared!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Re: Trade Brady?:
    I know its snowing out and everyone is probably bored stuck in their houses but seriously, don't resort to drugs.  They are bad for you and lead to posts like this one.
    Posted by pyegian

As a child of the 60s I can say for sure that there's no drug that can cause this level of hallucinations. I'd bet that this is one of leon's phony Pats fan names. You know he's been itching to post but he lacks the nuts to come here as a Jets fan.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

we need a moderator to ban this person.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

nickelbean...I'll give you a nickel for your brain...if you promise to give me back some change....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I think we should trade Tom Brady to Carolina for the first pick in the draft

This is proof right here why you should not attempt to think after smoking $100 worth of crack! It seems you have traded all of your IQ points (and then some you did not even have) for one hell of a buzz! In any case, you are still way off on what sort of compensation Brady would command in a trade. I am sure there are quite a few teams who would gladly fork over much more than one first round draft pick! In any case, there is absolutely no chance Brady is being traded anywhere! Not even Matt Millen or Al Davis would think of making such a stupid personnel move! I have an idea for you, though. Please apply for a job as the Jests GM!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

In Response to Re: Trade Brady?:
    In Response to Trade Brady? : I am really scared right now! Really scared!
    Posted by jozee76

Can't say I blame you. Imagine someone with this little intelligence or common sense operating a motor vehicle, or even worse, owning a GUN? I sure hope he's nowhere near MY town!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsPat. Show ItsPat's posts

If the Pats were in the rebuilding stage I might understand your thinking on this but the Pats have finished rebuilding.  This team needs very little to win 3 or more superbowls before Brady retires.  With three picks in the top 33 picks of the draft the Pats should be able to shore up most of the holes in this team.  Throw in free agency and the fact that very few Patriots players will be free agents tells me the Pats are primed to contend for the next 4-5 superbowls.

By trading away Brady and going with a rookie QB you would set the team back a few year.  At that point free agency and age will catch up to some of the vets.  There is also only a 50% chance a top 10 QB will be a franchise QB.  For every #1 pick QB that has success in the NFL there is another that failed in the NFL.

Again, if this team was rebuilding I might agree with you but this team is for the most part very young and with the draft picks BB has compiled this team has the potential to win at least 3 superbowls in the next 5 years.  Why mess with that?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patswirelessfan. Show patswirelessfan's posts

1.  No
    2.  You must really think lowly of Brady, even a franchised player at the highest level will get you 2 1st
    3.  Brady would be a steal @ 2 1st,  with the hiccup of his knee injury, he has been getting better and better each year.
    4.  He has proven he can do what other can not, that is be succesful with an ever changing cast of players AND coaches
    5.  He is valuable to BB because he makes BB's life that much easier with all the turnover
    6.  No, see # 1

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbalance617. Show jbalance617's posts

I haven't posted in a while but I have to say that this is
    arguably the most horrible sports comment I've ever heard
    in my life... Literally!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Crack kills. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from crlsnjnn. Show crlsnjnn's posts

A Nickelbean post from earlier this year:

Lets just face it, the pats are going down hill.  Brady is getting old and he won't sign a contract extension.  I say just trade him to St. Louis for the first pick and draft Bradford.  By the time he develops, our young defense will be developed to and then we could have a run at another dynasty.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Trade Brady for Bradford

posted at 4/5/2010 12:36 PM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=94ba32199c604894a8d44b8a5e15069d&plckUserId=94ba32199c604894a8d44b8a5e15069d">
    First: 8/23/2009
    Last: 12/27/2010
    Lets just face it, the pats are going down hill.  Brady is getting old and he won't sign a contract extension.  I say just trade him to St. Louis for the first pick and draft Bradford.  By the time he develops, our young defense will be developed to and then we could have a run at another dynasty.
             To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.
           -Steve Prefontaine

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Another Leon front

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Moron! You probably wouldn't have had any problem when the Sox unloaded Babe Ruth. You have almost certainly the best quarterback in the history of the game playing at an MVP level and you want to unload him. How about 2 or 3 more Super Bowl rings before he hangs them up a Patriot? Not like Joe Montana slipping away to Kansas City and tarnishing his reputation.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

You gotta wonder if the guy is a fan.  How can one trade the franchise and future HOF for an unknown?  Does he understand football?  
    My personnal drug of choice is scotch.  Even when heavily taken I would think I could fly before the thought of trading TB.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Yeah, he11 why not.  HOF QB's are easy to find.  Why even bother getting a 1st rounder, I heard you can pick up a future HOF'er in the sixth round easy.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

Posted by nickelbean

DOES NOT COMPUTE!

Sections
Shortcuts