Trade Coming?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Trade Coming?

I mentioned this yesterday, and you said there are no trades in the NFL, remember? 

Wow, you are in a wicked slump, huh. I have been killing you. You need a vacation. Get some rest and try again when you return. You are embarrassing yourself.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Who and/or what pick are they trading away? And who wants to trade anyone good now?   Would appear to be a desperation move at this point.  Time to build the roster was in the spring. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

Maybe they're bringing in Antoine Winfield

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

What does make the roster now? 47 deep? No depth at DT, CB or S. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Unless they know something about Dennard

and Mccourty is their first choice as cb 

a good back up cb now doesn't seem possible unless there is another Taliban somewhere for trade

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

Oops didn't know he was retiring

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

In response to Bustchise's comment:

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

I mentioned this yesterday, and you said there are no trades in the NFL, remember? 

Wow, you are in a wicked slump, huh. I have been killing you. You need a vacation. Get some rest and try again when you return. You are embarrassing yourself.

I didn't say "never" any trades. Generally speaking, in the NFL there aren't a lot of trades. You asked what happened to the feverish trade moves in the NFL, and I laughed at you thinking there was at one time.

It's not like baseball, hockey or basketball, moron.

you're the only one here using words like "feverish".  Normally it's connected to begging for details about Tebow's sex life (hey, you can start begging agin now that BB cut him) and regarding "14 year old girls' panties"

We know you said you like to collect young girl's underwear, but you need to keep telling us you do, Mr Creep.

bwah hahahahahahahaha! What a loser!  This is what's known as the "I know you are, but what am I" defense.  

Why don't you post where I mention such a thing not in relation to your perversion.  What can't do it?  I guess just another pathetic Queenie lie.

Hey Buttcheese...or should I say Mrs. Rhodes...here's a great trade for us...

We trade you for a used outhouse..

Nice huh...a win win all the way around

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thomas_Paine. Show Thomas_Paine's posts

Anyone find it suspicious that Dowling was released so soon, Dennard has a hearin on Friday AND we just released Cole?

Talib, Arrington and Ryan are the only guarantees for next Sunday.

Something's up here.

He usually carries 6 CBs, and now he's carrying 4 or maybe 3 with Justin Green on the PS?

They've also cleared some room with Mesko, now Washington and Cole.

That is really odd.  Maybe McCourty will be moved back to CB in a pinch.  Not sure if a trade's coming, but I do agree that more bodies are needed.  

Also, why does everyone call you Queenie?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

"Queenie" is a play on one of Rusty's many old names . . . Riding with the King . . . and that silly Burger King avatar he used to use  . . . 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Our secondary is in big trouble. Just when I thought we'd turned a corner on years of terrible play back there, buckle your seatbelts.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

In response to HOTBLITZ's comment:

Our secondary is in big trouble. Just when I thought we'd turned a corner on years of terrible play back there, buckle your seatbelts.

I agree. Seems like the Patriots took a step backwards today by releasing experienced position and special team players and in turn signed other team cast offs that were mostly undrafted free agents or marginal players at best. Seems like there were better players available. Kind of disappointing. Let's hope the Patriots prove us wrong.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I'm not so discouraged.  First of all, I don't think Gregory is the disaster some think.  Not great, but okay.  Talib and McCourty are both very good.  And I still feel confident that Dennard is not a one-year wonder (though the memory of guys like Butler and Wilhite--along with the possible probation violation--does make me nervous).  Arrington is really good in the middle of the field (just don't have him out on the corner with his back to the QB).  And quite honestly, I liked the way both Ryan and Harmon were improving through the preseason. I've said it before and I'll go out on a limb and say it again:  Harmon is going to be getting a lot of playing time as Gregory's back-up before the season is over.  T. Wilson will continue to play a role near the LOS and covering TEs.   Could they use another good corner to challenge Dennard?  Yes.  Will Ryan be that guy?  Not sure.   But barring injury, this is looking like a better secondary than last year's was until Talib got here.  So it's not panic time. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In response to GO47's comment:

Seems like the Patriots took a step backwards today by releasing experienced position and special team players and in turn signed other team cast offs that were mostly undrafted free agents or marginal players at best. Seems like there were better players available. Kind of disappointing. Let's hope the Patriots prove us wrong.

Agree with you that managing to pick up a few undrafted free agents that could not stick is not helpful, but the Pats can resign Marquice Cole anytime. It is not like other teams are beating down his door to grab him up.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

well i hope they have something in mind, because even though cole isnt great, he has been pretty good in the preseason and definitely seems to be improving. also i dont get the leon washington cut. a good kickoff returner has been a need of the pats' for a long time.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Yes, Queenie, releasing a first round bust that couldn't play a snap in two years is very suspicious.  Very suspicious, indeed.  Almost as much as releasing 3rd round bust (from the deepest draft in 25 years) Cunningham. 

Actually, Cunningham was a second round bust...taken with the 53rd overall pick in the 2010 draft...and Dowling was the first player selected in round two, in the 2011 draft. But...you are quite correct about them both being busts.

Again, here's the list of BB draft busts, since 2006:

1.) 2006: RB Laurence Maroney, the 21st overall pick in 2006, WR Chad Jackson, the 36th player selected overall, TE David Thomas, the 86th overall player taken, and TE Garrett Mills, the Pats' 106th overall pick;

2.) 2007: FS Brandon Meriweather, the 24th overall pick; 

3.) 2008: CB Terrence Wheatley, the 62nd overall pick, OLB Shawn Crable, the 78th overall pick, and QB Kevin O'Connell, the 94th overall selection in 2008;

4.) 2009: SS Patrick Chung, the 34th overall player selected, DT Ron Brace, the 40th player selected, CB Darius Butler, the 41st overall selection, WR Brandon Tate, the 83rd overall selection, and LB Tyrone McKenzie, the 97th overall pick;

5.) 2010: DE Jermaine Cunningham with their 53rd overall pick, WR Taylor Price, 90th overall pick;

6.) 2011: CB Ras-I Dowling, 33rd overall;

7.) 2012:  S Tavon Wilson, 48th overall, DE Jake Bequette, 90th overall;

8.) 2013: It's very early, but does anybody from this draft class appear to be an impact player?

So...since 2006, BB has had two (2) busts with #1 picks, in 2006 and 2007, busts with three super high second rounders in 2006, 2009 and 2011, along with five (5) other 2nd round misses - EIGHT (8) overall, and six (6) third round misses (not counting Mills, who was a high 4th round pick)....thats' 16 misses on picks in the first through third round in seven years. Horrible. Time to bring in a draft consultant for BB, and/or  completely revamp the scouting process, and methods of player selection.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Yes, Queenie, releasing a first round bust that couldn't play a snap in two years is very suspicious.  Very suspicious, indeed.  Almost as much as releasing 3rd round bust (from the deepest draft in 25 years) Cunningham. 

Actually, Cunningham was a second round bust...taken with the 53rd overall pick in the 2010 draft...and Dowling was the first player selected in round two, in the 2011 draft. But...you are quite correct about them both being busts.

1.) 2006: RB Laurence Maroney, the 21st overall pick in 2006, WR Chad Jackson, the 36th player selected overall, TE David Thomas, the 86th overall player taken, and TE Garrett Mills, the Pats' 106th overall pick;

3.) 2008: CB Terrence Wheatley, the 62nd overall pick, OLB Shawn Crable, the 78th overall pick, and QB Kevin O'Connell, the 94th overall selection in 2008;

4.) 2009: SS Patrick Chung, the 34th overall player selected, DT Ron Brace, the 40th player selected, CB Darius Butler, the 41st overall selection, WR Brandon Tate, the 83rd overall selection, and LB Tyrone McKenzie, the 97th overall pick;

5.) 2010: DE Jermaine Cunningham with their 53rd overall pick, WR Taylor Price, 90th overall pick;

8.) 2013: It's very early, but does anybody from this draft class appear to be an impact player?

So...since 2006, BB has had two (2) busts with #1 picks, in 2006 and 2007, busts with three super high second rounders in 2006, 2009 and 2011, along with five (5) other 2nd round misses - EIGHT (8) overall, and six (6) third round misses (not counting Mills, who was a high 4th round pick)....thats' 16 misses on picks in the first through third round in seven years. Horrible. Time to bring in a draft consultant for BB, and/or  completely revamp the scouting process, and methods of player selection.  

Confirmed on Felger and Mazz that Maroney and Meriweather were not busts.  Speaks volumes when they admit they weren't busts. Disappointments, but not busts like Vernon Gholston or Mark Sanchez. THOSE are busts.

Millions upon millions invested, with absolutely nothing.

A bust is someone who sucks and can't be trusted to start. Get it, Texas Troll?

If Brady craps his pants again in January, no non-All Pro player that BB drafts will have nothing to do with that.

Yeah a running back playing in a loaded offense where no one was paying an ounce of attention to hi -, but yet still couldn't do anything - is not a bust. Thanks for the logic. And a safety playing for the greatest mastermind in NFL history - yet couldn't cover anyone - is not a bust. Thanks again for more logic.

Maroney left here and went on to do absolutely nothing...Merriweather left and did the exact same thing.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Givens had a career ending injury. Not quite comparable.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

Confirmed on Felger and Mazz that Maroney and Meriweather were not busts.  Speaks volumes when they admit they weren't busts. Disappointments, but not busts like Vernon Gholston or Mark Sanchez. THOSE are busts.

If Brady craps his pants again in January, no non-All Pro player that BB drafts will have nothing to do with that.

[/QUOTE]

Really?  You flippen moron.  Just what is it you think those 45 other players do? Or are supposed to do?  

Tell us all.  Which other coaches other than the bottom dwellers have had a bottom 5 defense 3 years running?

Which other defensive genius has put out the worst pass defense in those years?

Maybe he's been kidnapped and replaced with an imposter.  Ya, that's gotta be it.

Should we send out an Amber Alert?

No 31st ranked, 91.7 DPR, Defense is ever going to win a SB.  EVER!

How bout that FA off season?    Awesome.....HUH?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Really?  You flippen moron.  Just what is it you think those 45 other players do? Or are supposed to do?  

Tell us all.  Which other coaches other than the bottom dwellers have had a bottom 5 defense 3 years running?

Which other defensive genius has put out the worst pass defense in those years?

Maybe he's been kidnapped and replaced with an imposter.  Ya, that's gotta be it.

Should we send out an Amber Alert?

No 31st ranked, 91.7 DPR, Defense is ever going to win a SB.  EVER!

How bout that FA off season?    Awesome.....HUH?

[/QUOTE]

MORON:

Bill Belichick is  HOF coach and widely considered one of, if not the most ingenius defensive masterminds of all time.

Other fanbases drool over the thought of him being their coach.

You're a Pats fan and hate him. 

Translation? You're sick. Very, very sick.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry Defensive genius's don't have 31st ranked, 91.7 DPR defenses.

Maybe if he had a better GM to get some REAL talent?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I'm pretty convinced that once this defense takes the field and gets lit up week after week he will finally go away.  Sad that it takes something like that to make him leave.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com