Trade Coming??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

Trade Coming??

With our depth (or lack thereof) being stretched right now.....what position, if any do you see the Pats trading for.  Talib is hurt...do they get a CB?  McCourty saw extensive time at CB in Talib's absence...do they get a Safety?  Mayo may miss some time...LB?  We all know our DT issues... Maybe a WR who can actually CATCH the @#%$ ball!!?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

Re: Trade Coming??

We don't need to trade for a tackle- we have future seven-time pro bowler armon armstead back at practice this week

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We don't need to trade for a tackle- we have future seven-time pro bowler armon armstead back at practice this week

[/QUOTE]

RIIIIIIIGHT.......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Jared Allen, Hackeem Nicks,Antoine Winfield????

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

Antoine Winfield retired.  I'd take Jared Allen in a second!!! or Nicks.  I'd Really like Jarius Byrd!!!(pipe dream, I know)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I wouldn't count on a trade being made anytime soon. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Belichick is always looking to improve the team so a trade is always possible as long as the price is right. With the Pats at 5-1 there is no need for panic.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

Panic?? We had only 1 guy who could catch the ball the other day, and he is one hit away from being a vegetible.  I think it's a good time to Panic!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to theshinez's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Panic?? We had only 1 guy who could catch the ball the other day, and he is one hit away from being a vegetible.  I think it's a good time to Panic!!

[/QUOTE]

May I respectfully inquire as to which game you were watching?  The game I was watching had Brady making 25 completions to 8 different receivers, 9 of those to 2 rookie receivers for 108 yards, one of which was the game winning touchdown.  Drops?  Yep, too many.  But I see that receiving corps improving every week.  More work to be done?  You bet your a_$$.  But all in all I see no need to trade for a wideout.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Only possible trade I see is for TE if Gronk keeps messing around. DT will be fine with Kelly and Armstead coming back, they wont get much snaps this week since they'll need time to get back into football shape, but Jones and Vellano should still do well enough for us.

No chance on WR, we've got a rotation of 3 injury prone slot WRs now. When one gets hurt, two will lighten the workload on each other instead of hoping Edelman doesnt get hurt like when Amendola got hurt early in the year.

Finally,  Allen would be great, but cap hit would be too much.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Only possible trade I see is for TE if Gronk keeps messing around. DT will be fine with Kelly and Armstead coming back, they wont get much snaps this week since they'll need time to get back into football shape, but Jones and Vellano should still do well enough for us.

No chance on WR, we've got a rotation of 3 injury prone slot WRs now. When one gets hurt, two will lighten the workload on each other instead of hoping Edelman doesnt get hurt like when Amendola got hurt early in the year.

Finally,  Allen would be great, but cap hit would be too much.

[/QUOTE]

I was thinking NT, DT before the last game, a reletively large one, for the short yardage package but I think they will do fine with the ones they have.

Despite the injuries there seems to be coverage in every position so I would look in positions where they are underperforming which is not really on defense anywhere. 

The O-line has been iffy but that seemed some due to players like Cannon playing their 2nd best position and overall missed blocking assignments (mental). I think that can be straightened out.

The receivers have issues still, no doubt but they did get Collie. At this point Dobson seems to have the worst case of dropsies but we have seen he can get separation, and he did not drop anything his entire sr. year so we expect him to be fine. There are certainly enough WR's to have two out for injury at any given time.

Be nice to have another route-running pass catching TE type. I hate to say Gronk is the biggest variable, if and when he does come back how small of an injury will force him to the sidelines for the rest of the season? So I guessing TE.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'd be looking at WR, TE, DT, and CB right now

DT - Kelly's coming back and Vellano and Jones look good but both are rooks which means they will eventually hit a wall and at times seemed lost against the Saints (namely in the 3rd). Armstead is still a huge unknown since he hasn't played a single NFL game (including preseason). I'm not sure what people think Armstead is going to become but it seems that some think he'll step in and be an instant difference maker. Not sure where that thought comes from and how the other 31 teams could have missed him if that's the case considering the Pats got him for nothing. In any case the position is awfully thin and come Jan not sure how much the rooks will give you.

WR - Injures are already taking their toll and Amendola is out again, Boyce mia, and Collie and Edelman are just ticking time bombs. Dobson needs a can of stickm' (btw who were those who called me crazy after the draft when I said I had issues with his hands and ability to catch cleanly?), Thompkins looks like a younger Lloyd with YaC ability when he doesn't slip (what I mean by that is catch the tough catches and drop the easy ones). Like DT were are counting on rooks in which the vast majority of rooks hit a wall at some point. If Collie and Edelman are our only hopes in the playoffs for WRs we are in trouble.

TE - Gronk is still MIA at the moment but he will be back and Hooman is doing his best but there is always room to add to the TE core with a vet to take pressure off of the young WR core and make us less reliant on them come Jan.

CB - Talib has yet to complete a full season as a pro and Ryan is still learning the game. I also don't ever want to see Arrington on the outside again wich bascially leaves Dennard. This position is very thin right now and we see the massive difference between when Talib is on the field vs when Talib is off the field.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Trades are rare in the NFL.  Could happen, but I think it's unlikely.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

RIIIIIIIGHT.......

[/QUOTE]

Did you not see the sarcasm in that post.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Only possible trade I see is for TE if Gronk keeps messing around.  

[/QUOTE]

How is Gronk "messing around"?? James Andrews did (not) clear him to play. Oh yeah....Felger & Mazz said he should be playing.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Did you not like the game winning drive?

Edelman for 23 yards

Collie for 15 yards and 9 yards

Dobson for 6 yards

Thompkins for 17 yards

Don't cliam to be any sort of math wizard but I think that is 4 different receivers on one drive alone.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

apparently we weren't watching the same game. Go away you bandwagon fan troll!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I've already posted above why I think trading for a WR is unnecessary.  I'm interested, however, in where we hope to find a willing trade partner for a player at any position worth acquiring and what price should the Pats be willing to pay?  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd be looking at WR, TE, DT, and CB right now

DT - .....

WR - Injures are already taking their toll and Amendola is out again, Boyce mia, and Collie and Edelman are just ticking time bombs. Dobson needs a can of stickm' (btw who were those who called me crazy after the draft when I said I had issues with his hands and ability to catch cleanly?), Thompkins looks like a younger Lloyd with YaC ability when he doesn't slip (what I mean by that is catch the tough catches and drop the easy ones). Like DT were are counting on rooks in which the vast majority of rooks hit a wall at some point. If Collie and Edelman are our only hopes in the playoffs for WRs we are in trouble.

TE - ...

CB - Talib has yet to complete a full season as a pro and Ryan is still learning the game. I also don't ever want to see Arrington on the outside again wich bascially leaves Dennard. This position is very thin right now and we see the massive difference between when Talib is on the field vs when Talib is off the field.

[/QUOTE]

I doubt they'll make a trade, but it's not impossible I guess.

I'd be in favor of adding a WR, but it would need to be a reliable veteran (like a Collie) because he's got to work well with Brady - not always easy as we've seen.

As for CB, it's unusual for teams to make talented guys available (like Talib was last year), unless they're hopelessly out of it and the guy is a FA at the end of the year. So that narrows the pool considerably.  The deadline is two weeks from today, how many teams are hopelessly out of it? Jax, NYG, Atl, Minn, Oak, TB, anybody else?  So guys on those teams that are done after this year. Slim pickings.

Maybe consider adding a safety and switching McCourty to CB, if Talib is out a long time. Are you going to find a better CB in a trade with one of those teams than McCourty? Unlikely.

DT is kind of the same deal. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

We've gone 5-1 to this point with the guys we have. I say keep developing our own players and keep winning with them. These young guys aren't going to be pro-bowlers over night. They need reps and to learn from mistakes. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

May I respectfully inquire as to which game you were watching?  The game I was watching had Brady making 25 completions to 8 different receivers, 9 of those to 2 rookie receivers for 108 yards, one of which was the game winning touchdown.  Drops?  Yep, too many.  But I see that receiving corps improving every week.  More work to be done?  You bet your a_$$.  But all in all I see no need to trade for a wideout.

[/QUOTE]

Well than sir, I guess we will agree to disagree.  But, let's just see what happens when and if we have a WR with a HUGE drop in the playoffs that costs us the game. (Welker 2.0) Good reliable hands is like SPEED...it can't be taught.  You either got it, or you don't

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Did you not like the game winning drive?

Edelman for 23 yards

Collie for 15 yards and 9 yards

Dobson for 6 yards

Thompkins for 17 yards

Don't cliam to be any sort of math wizard but I think that is 4 different receivers on one drive alone.

[/QUOTE]

WOW, what about the previous drives when there were drops by Edelman, Dobson, etc.  FACT: we lead the NFL in dropped passes!! 'NUF said.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

apparently we weren't watching the same game. Go away you bandwagon fan troll!

[/QUOTE]

ATTENTION ALL PATS FANS!! if you don't agree with Quagmire, you're a bandwagon fan and should go home!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Angel-of-Light. Show Angel-of-Light's posts

The Patriots should trade for JJ Watt, Cruz, AP and Larry Fitzgerald as their current teams will probably miss palyoffs.  And if they have any money left afterwards, they should go after Jared Allen.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I've already posted above why I think trading for a WR is unnecessary.  I'm interested, however, in where we hope to find a willing trade partner for a player at any position worth acquiring and what price should the Pats be willing to pay?  

[/QUOTE]

I'm sure that's what we were all thinking before the Talib trade last year.  And now we have one of the best CBs in the league. 

Sections
Shortcuts