Trade day Bait

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoyle. Show hoyle's posts

Trade day Bait

We all love BB being the modern day Bill Walsh on draft wheeling and dealing for future picks to keep this franchise strong for many years to come.
    Like Coach Walsh he ain't scared to move loyal or troubled players on draft day my mind tells me the following players could be had for the right picks

Matt Light - Would look good in a Cheifs or a Seahawk uniform for a early third round pick, A lot of teams need help at LT
    If we get the centre Pouncey in the first round .... Light is gone.....

James Sanders - Bears or Uncle Al need some help at SS - Could Be had for a future  3rd rounder in 2011

A Thomas - Good luck getting anything for this chump

Laura Maroney - Still 26 years of age, Shows glimpes of being a good NFL rb - could be had for a third rounder

I can't see anyone else being used for trade bait apart from the 4 above

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

Re: Trade day Bait

All STINK!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

I'd love to hear your logic on why Light is gone if we pick up a center??  Who are the starting tackles then??  Volmer and Kaczur??  If that's the case, what does it have to do with Pouncey??

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I agree there are a few guys available but the question is will they actively shop them or just let it be known they are available...

While I agree Matt Light could be had I am not seeing how that gets done at his salary point and I know it is an uncapped year but would you want to pay a 3rd or better for a LT that is still good but definately on the down side of his career? (also what does drafting Pouncey have to do with a LT, and if they draft him I will wear a dress and you can call me Mama... While Koppen isn't a "Great" center he is not the weak link on this line.) 

James Sanders - definately could be had as I expect Merriweather and Chung to be the starting Safties by 2011. With McGowan playing a significant roll.  If we take a future pick I think it is a second rounder, a third if it is a 2010.

A Thomas - He will be cut at some point or maybe Kraft will be willing to pay him to sit home and then that means 2010 and 2011 w/o football for him if there is a lockout and that means his career (what is left of it) is toast.

Maroney - because of his age and the fact the Patriots own him on the cheap for a couple more years I don't see this happening. If it does it means we drafted a guy like CJ Spiller or one of the other top RB's in the first round or certainly by the 44th pick.

I agree these are the 4 that could be available for the right price.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoyle. Show hoyle's posts

In Response to Re: Trade day Bait:
    I'd love to hear your logic on why Light is gone if we pick up a center??  Who are the starting tackles then??  Volmer and Kaczur??  If that's the case, what does it have to do with Pouncey??
    Posted by siestafiesta

They'd use Pouncey at RG and C in sub packages

Starters
    LT Vollmer,  
    RT- Kazur    
    RG - Neal ,   
    LG - Mankin, 
    C - Koppen    

the final 3-4 roster spots for OL coming from
    Connolly, Le Voir, ,Wendell, Ohrnberger, Bussey

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: Trade day Bait : They'd use Pouncey at RG and C in sub packages Starters LT Vollmer,   RT- Kazur     RG - Neal ,    LG - Mankin,  C - Koppen     the final 3-4 roster spots for OL coming from Connolly, Le Voir, ,Wendell, Ohrnberger, Bussey
    Posted by hoyle

IMO that would be a weak line starting in the middle to the right side.  I also think there's a chance Light is traded on draft day, look for the Bears to make a move since they do not draft until the 3rd and their OL despretely needs help.  In the Martz still O the QB needs time to throw down field, that line won't hold up reason I think Light might be a Bear this year.

I hope Mankins plays because he is a key, assuming something gets done or that he doesn't sit out here's my picks and how the line will look.
    Draft in the 2nd Saffold, start ready T that can also play inside but will be a RT.

LT Voll LG Mankins C Koppen (not the whole season, Connolly finishes season as starting center) RG Bussey RT Staffold
    Ohr Connolly Neal Katzur Lavoir all see action in packages, LaVoir playing a role in short yardage as the 6th OL.

We do need to add another OL type and I think in the 7th there are a couple of interesting players I would take and coach see if the turn out ok. 
    7th OG
    Thomas Austin OG/C - opened holes for C.J. Spiller to run through, he is not strong enough yet to play at the next level but it is a versatile OL who can play all three inside spots.  in a pro style workout program he can get stronger and improve on that weakness.
    Reid Neely OG Mississippi played in the SEC and part of an OL who saw great success in running the ball.  IMO he's close to been a starter.
    7th OT
    Levi Horn OT/OG - has played both LT and LG, at 6'7" 325 has the size to play OT in the NFL and yes also has good feet.  Played at Montana, will need to develop into a starter or very good backup.
    Jeff Linkenbach OT - played LT in college, he is a big man who played in a good program (Cincinnati).  Has been projected as a UDFA but has been gaining some interest specially from the Chicago Bears. 

I have been saying for a while (even if Light doesn't get traded) we need to find the RT of the future.  The line although only gave up 18 sacks last year did not play like it only gave up 18 sacks.  Those 18 are more due to TB and WW, but you saw Tom get hit time and time again.  Need to protect the franchise.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I agree with Pats7393, we have to know what happens with Mankins before the draft. His tender says he's worth a first and third. I haven't read any rumors about Mankins going anywhere. At this point you are drafting Pouncey to play OG and Kaczur will play RT. This O Line would look fairly weak.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Interesting trade thoughts.  Not sure anyone would be willing to surrender a 3rd round pic for either Maroney or Sanders though.  Maroney is much too inconsistent and Sanders hasn't had the exposure. 

I've never thought much of Kazur at RT and I'm not sure they'll trade Light.  I'm guessing we'll probably see a starting OL of (l to r) Light, Makins, Koppen, Neal, Vollmer.

Just my opinion.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I agree Vollmer is at RT and Light stays for this last year and then Vollmer takes LT in 2011 and then we either draft a RT in 2011 with the 1st round pick we hang onto (don't see them having two 1st rounders next year tallent level just not there to support it).
    I expect the Oline will look like this left to Right:
    Light, Mankins, Koppen, Kaczur or a highly drafted OG, Vollmer.

I'd deal with that till 2011 then get my replacement for RT and move Vollmer to LT or get a top LT if one is there and leave Vollmer at RT.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

I say trade Maroney and our 1st to the Jags for #10 and grab, Haden or Mcclain.
    With 3 2nd round picks we can still get a good RB, OL & WR.
    Ship AD to SF For some rice because that is all he is worth, and we would have to pick up the shipping cost

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

I say trade Maroney and our 1st to the Jags for #10 and grab, Haden or Mcclain. With 3 2nd round picks we can still get a good RB, OL & WR. Ship AD to SF For some rice because that is all he is worth, and we would have to pick up the shipping cost
    Posted by looneyman

Why would Jags give us a 10 for our 22 and LM?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

Because I am hearing and reading that the Jags are looking to upgrade the RB Position thru the draft. Maroney could be better than what  they can draft unless they draft Spiller. I also wonder if we could package AD AND Kazur to Oakland for Morrison

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: Trade day Bait : They'd use Pouncey at RG and C in sub packages Starters LT Vollmer,   RT- Kazur     RG - Neal ,    LG - Mankin,  C - Koppen     the final 3-4 roster spots for OL coming from Connolly, Le Voir, ,Wendell, Ohrnberger, Bussey
    Posted by hoyle

How is Kazur at starting tackle an upgrade over light?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Because I am hearing and reading that the Jags are looking to upgrade the RB Position thru the draft. Maroney could be better than what  they can draft unless they draft Spiller. I also wonder if we could package AD AND Kazur to Oakland for Morrison
    Posted by looneyman

A little secret, the draft is deep with 2nd, 3rd and 4th round talented big backs who are much better than LM.  If it was he was a proven RB but the only thing he has proven is he's inconsitant and injury prone.  If the Jags want to improve (they have on of the top 3 RBs in the league) but if they want to improve in the second they can take a toby gerhart who can play RB and FB on short yardage and put him in with MJD.

LM at best is worth maybe a 5th round.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"Because I am hearing and reading that the Jags are looking to upgrade the RB Position thru the draft. Maroney could be better than what  they can draft unless they draft Spiller."

What happened to Maurice Jones-Drew??  Did he somehow fall off the Earth since the end of last season??  I believe they're looking for his backup so why would they pay such a high price if that's the case??

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

i think the only guy you mentioned with any actual value is light. he's still a decent player and its hard to find good left tackles. i also agree with the poster who brought up the bears as a possible fit for him. they seem to be in desperation mode so you never know. i wonder if light for olsen would work? i could also see detroit as a possible landing spot for light, which would free them up to draft one of the d linemen who look like better prospects than the o linemen. maybe light plus one of our second rounders for the lions second rounder (which should be a very valuable pick). who knows?
    as for the other patriots you mentioned, i think their value is very low. if they were to get traded i would expect less than what we got for hobbs (seeing as how hobbs is a better player than any of those guys). 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

Funny thing you wrote about Bill Walsh. I've studied his drafts, and everyone must think, Wow he must have gone on the offensive side of the ball. Wrong, only once did he ever reach for a skilled position player, Jerry Rice. He usually let them fall to him. His drafts usually consisted of drafting defense first, then offensive lineman.
    Posted by bobbysu

J Rice was not a reach. He was not even taken in the first day of the draft!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"J Rice was not a reach. He was not even taken in the first day of the draft!"

He certainly was taken on the 1st day, as a matter of fact, he was taken with the 16th or 17th pick that had belonged to the Pats!!  San Fran traded their 1st 2 picks for the Pats' pick and we ended up with the immortal Trevor Matich.  I can't remember who we used the 2nd pick on.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mar10fern. Show mar10fern's posts

In Response to Trade day Bait:
    We all love BB being the modern day Bill Walsh on draft wheeling and dealing for future picks to keep this franchise strong for many years to come. Like Coach Walsh he ain't scared to move loyal or troubled players on draft day my mind tells me the following players could be had for the right picks Matt Light - Would look good in a Cheifs or a Seahawk uniform for a early third round pick, A lot of teams need help at LT If we get the centre Pouncey in the first round .... Light is gone..... James Sanders - Bears or Uncle Al need some help at SS - Could Be had for a future  3rd rounder in 2011 A Thomas - Good luck getting anything for this chump Laura Maroney - Still 26 years of age, Shows glimpes of being a good NFL rb - could be had for a third rounder I can't see anyone else being used for trade bait apart from the 4 above
    Posted by hoyle

How about David Patten for a pick in rounds 3-5?
    Maybe BJGE for a low 4th?
    Hoyer for a late 5th?
    Our 2nd string ball boy for a 6th?
    An autogrpahed picture of Scott Secules for a player to be named later?
    GET A CLUE!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Trade day Bait : A little secret, the draft is deep with 2nd, 3rd and 4th round talented big backs who are much better than LM.  If it was he was a proven RB but the only thing he has proven is he's inconsitant and injury prone.  If the Jags want to improve (they have on of the top 3 RBs in the league) but if they want to improve in the second they can take a toby gerhart who can play RB and FB on short yardage and put him in with MJD. LM at best is worth maybe a 5th round.
    Posted by Pats7393

Exactly. Maroney is not worth much to the nfl, just because he was a first round pick and is still young doesn't help. There is 4 years of nfl tape out there on him, and that's what kills his value. Everyone can see he runs at a high pad level, doesn't have good vision or feel for blocking. Plus he stops when he needs to run and runs when he should wait. He's a classic case of a dumb runner and if you ever heard him talk it's easy to see why he runs so dumb. He absorbs to many hits because he's to upright, so injury wise he'll probably never get a chance to figure out his own flaws. To bad because he has speed, size and good quickness.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I think both Light and Sanders are of value to the Bears as the Bears I believe are looking for offensive line and safety help. now, there are couple of choices..you could package them together, perhaps package separately with one of our 7th's that we have an abundance of, or whatever.

Now, the problem I have with trading Sanders is he up to this point, has been the only voice of consistency in the defensive backfield. if you don't believe me, remember back to the Saints game last year and tell me how the secondary looked without him vs. with him....

Now, if the Pats have confidence that Meriweather and Chung can get it done, with McGowan playing a backup role, then go for it. 

Looking across the Pats roster right now, I don't see a lot of trade bait. Perhaps a few players if we are lucky and i would not count AD as one of them. I don't see a team trading for him when they know he will most likely be cut at some point in time. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoyle. Show hoyle's posts

In Response to Trade day Bait : How about David Patten for a pick in rounds 3-5? Maybe BJGE for a low 4th? Hoyer for a late 5th? Our 2nd string ball boy for a 6th? An autogrpahed picture of Scott Secules for a player to be named later? GET A CLUE!
    Posted by mar10fern

Ok wise man ..... I know your as educated as Leon on the NFL to think Light and Sanders aren't worth 3rds. So stop choking your little fella all the time and watch some games and tell me why Light and Sanders aren't worth 3rds ? Maybe Laura is a stretch but i stand by Light and sanders as both are starters  in the NFL at there positions

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

hoyle, I can answer on Light, his age, his contract are two main reasons.  Sanders, I like, probably more than most on this board.  I dont want him to go, he is a leader for this team and right now we lack them.

Patslifer, I totally agree on the game with Sanders, so lets keep him--not like we get to decide anyway :)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Kaczur is the weak link on the O line. I'd unload him if you could get something for him, otherwise I'd play him as a sub and pray that he doesn't get Brady killed back there.

Sections
Shortcuts