Trade for a CB

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotzking18. Show patriotzking18's posts

Trade for a CB

Give the Vikings a 2nd round pick for Antoine Winfield
                                     or
    Give the Broncos a 2nd round pick for Andre Goodman

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Trade for a CB

how bout mankins or maroney a trade fodder?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Does anyone trade decent CBs with the current rules favoring the receiver?

Maybe a disgruntled hold-out wanting big money...not happening this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

Keep it simple call the Saints and trade for Randall Gay, 6th rounder should do it.

With Patrick Robinson in the fold and Tracey Porters emergence along with Jabari the saints can afford to dump a DB.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMichalski12. Show JMichalski12's posts

REVIS

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

getting a good cb is so tough no one wants to give them away. Lets keep our finger's crossed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

How bout trade for a beast pass rush...take a little off the db's

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Let the young guys play.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bronxlcsw. Show bronxlcsw's posts

Rumor here in NY is that Woody Johnson JETS owner is having cash flow problems and is unlikely to pay Revis what hes worth.  I think 2 #1 draft picks and a #2 will get it done. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

Lets have BB Call up his buddy Al Davis and offer Mankins, Maroney, and our 1st for  Nnamdi & John Henderson. I included John because Houston has been playing well and we need help on the d line.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

I'd expect something less obvious.  Good corners are hard to find. 

I am going to bet the Pats focus on something else, like a ball control offense.  Look how it worked for St. Louis.  So, maybe the pats try to pick up someone like Steven Jackson for Logan Mankins. 

The point is the pats have are clearly built like a colts team - weak on D, strong on O.  If you cannot make the d better, make the o unstoppable. 

The only issue is when the o faces a great D, like early in the 2000's when the colts faced the pats and lost, or when the pats face a team with equal the offense but a better defense - like the colts last year in the SB. 

It may now be time for the pats to do something different.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

In Response to Re: Trade for a CB:

I am not sure that St Louis would part with Jackson but after seeing that their
    franchise qb needs to be protected maybe Mankins & Maroney will get it done.

We may need to add a pick and or another player but why not. They also need wr help so offer someone we may cut.

[QUOTE]I'd expect something less obvious.  Good corners are hard to find.  I am going to bet the Pats focus on something else, like a ball control offense.  Look how it worked for St. Louis.  So, maybe the pats try to pick up someone like Steven Jackson for Logan Mankins.  The point is the pats have are clearly built like a colts team - weak on D, strong on O.  If you cannot make the d better, make the o unstoppable.  The only issue is when the o faces a great D, like early in the 2000's when the colts faced the pats and lost, or when the pats face a team with equal the offense but a better defense - like the colts last year in the SB.  It may now be time for the pats to do something different.
    Posted by underdoggggg[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]I'd expect something less obvious.  Good corners are hard to find.  I am going to bet the Pats focus on something else, like a ball control offense.  Look how it worked for St. Louis.  So, maybe the pats try to pick up someone like Steven Jackson for Logan Mankins.  The point is the pats have are clearly built like a colts team - weak on D, strong on O.  If you cannot make the d better, make the o unstoppable.  The only issue is when the o faces a great D, like early in the 2000's when the colts faced the pats and lost, or when the pats face a team with equal the offense but a better defense - like the colts last year in the SB.  It may now be time for the pats to do something different.
    Posted by underdoggggg[/QUOTE]

WRONG! The Saints had a better offense, you clowns had the better defense. The Saints just controlled the ball and added pressure on Peyton--who's notorious for choking in the big moment--who came through with a game ending pick. The Colts had the better defense. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

Hey guys, first time poster. Pats fan living in Canada. In the interest of full disclosure I'm also a Vikings fan. Not a problem unless they meet in the SB, which is a problem I'd like to see. The Vikes won't trade a corner now. They had 6 legit ones but already traded Sapp and Cook is hurt. Winfield is the most important player on their defense, playing the strong side in that cover 2 scheme. However, the Vikes have as many as 10 or maybe 11 d-lineman good enough to be on an active roster and desperately need a quality guard, like Mankins. Robison is a good pass rusher who might be athletic enough to fill a role at OLB in the Pats 3-4 or maybe Fred Evans could be converted to DE. Vikes would have to throw in a draft pick but both teams could help themselves.

From my northern perspective I see the Jets as arguably the most overrated team in the NFL. Without Bodden, the Pats will still win their division. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

Great post! Welcome.

[QUOTE]Hey guys, first time poster. Pats fan living in Canada. In the interest of full disclosure I'm also a Vikings fan. Not a problem unless they meet in the SB, which is a problem I'd like to see. The Vikes won't trade a corner now. They had 6 legit ones but already traded Sapp and Cook is hurt. Winfield is the most important player on their defense, playing the strong side in that cover 2 scheme. However, the Vikes have as many as 10 or maybe 11 d-lineman good enough to be on an active roster and desperately need a quality guard, like Mankins. Robison is a good pass rusher who might be athletic enough to fill a role at OLB in the Pats 3-4 or maybe Fred Evans could be converted to DE. Vikes would have to throw in a draft pick but both teams could help themselves. From my northern perspective I see the Jets as arguably the most overrated team in the NFL. Without Bodden, the Pats will still win their division. 
    Posted by stegall85[/QUOTE]

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade for a CB : Haha. Have I not been saying this the whole time?   There are still Jets single tickets for sale right now.
    Posted by russgriswold[/QUOTE]

You are not even amusing rustytrombone...

Foxbourough, HOME OF THE PATS!!!  I want to punch that old lady from the direct TV commercials...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/06/plenty-of-patriots-tickets-available-too/

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Let's get a grip shall we?  I'd be surprised if a corner worth trading for is available and even more surprised if BB made such a trade. 

I'm another vote for letting the young corners jump into the fray and have at it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/08/31/seahawks.ravens.trade.ap/index.html?eref=sircrc

missed a decent chance here on this trade.

And rustytrombone, you dont like your nickname but you enjoy giving nicknames to jimmyjack, ohhh thats soooo much fun lol.  how about addressing the link in my previous thread about the patsies having tickets available the day of the playoff game.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

[QUOTE]Hey guys, first time poster. Pats fan living in Canada. In the interest of full disclosure I'm also a Vikings fan. Not a problem unless they meet in the SB, which is a problem I'd like to see. The Vikes won't trade a corner now. They had 6 legit ones but already traded Sapp and Cook is hurt. Winfield is the most important player on their defense, playing the strong side in that cover 2 scheme. However, the Vikes have as many as 10 or maybe 11 d-lineman good enough to be on an active roster and desperately need a quality guard, like Mankins. Robison is a good pass rusher who might be athletic enough to fill a role at OLB in the Pats 3-4 or maybe Fred Evans could be converted to DE. Vikes would have to throw in a draft pick but both teams could help themselves. From my northern perspective I see the Jets as arguably the most overrated team in the NFL. Without Bodden, the Pats will still win their division. 
    Posted by stegall85[/QUOTE]

Welcome dude, and well said.

Dude u goota call BB and let him know and remind him how much he s*cks at drafting defensive guys. Trade a 5th, 4th or 3rd I've no problems. I can't believe it hasn't been done already.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

[QUOTE]Rumor here in NY is that Woody Johnson JETS owner is having cash flow problems and is unlikely to pay Revis what hes worth.  I think 2 #1 draft picks and a #2 will get it done. 
    Posted by bronxlcsw[/QUOTE]I heard that Woody" the Silver Spoon Baby" was Caving in and Revis will be ready to go by Opening Day

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

We've been using 1st, 2nd and 3rd round dradt picks on our secondary for the last 3 years. I'd say it's time to unleash the dogs and see what they have. If they aren't good enough then we will be skkrewwed anyway.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from randym81. Show randym81's posts

I would dance in the streets if the Pats were able to trade for Asmougha or Revis, but it's not going to happen. Asmougha makes 16 million a year and Revis wants more, there's no way the Pats will ever pay a DB that kind of money. And there's no way that the Jets trade Revis away, never mind to the Pats. Keep dreaming everybody.

Sections
Shortcuts