Trade for a DAM.N CB

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Trade for a DAM.N CB

Trade deadline is pushed back this season. More teams will have a general idea if theyre out of it or not. Welker is probably gone this season. BB can't draft a DB to save him. This may be the best team we have in a while. 

A veteran cb whose only had a day playing in this system would probably be better than any of the cbs we currently have.

I understand there are basically no shut down corners (outside of Revis) anymore, but there are plenty of corners that should be able to cover a SEA receiver.

I would not mind one bit trading even a 2nd round pick for a veteran cb. If he's good, he can save this defense. If he busts, he can at least still be a starter

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Re: Trade for a DAM.N CB

In response to Bunker Spreckels' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Are you watching the Houston game?

LMAO

It's meant to be EASY for our offense yet you want to pin this on the D?

WHy is the offense excused after not doing anything from the 2nd qtr on? Just curious.

Answer the question. The offense can be bad for an extended period but if the D starts slow and plays better than the offense overal, why are you looking to trade for a CB?

The CBs were good today. Arrington was bad (a rarity/no human is perfect) but McCourty and Dennard had nice games. I didnt see Moore or Dowling used which kind of proves how good the CBs were overall.  Funny how I had Dennard on my mock draft board and I was mocked and here is looking good with our moron, whiny fans bashing our CBs with Brady tossing 2 INTs and taking two horrendous groundings. The irony.

I feel like I am talking to Pats fans in 1993 who want to like Hugh Millen, but don't get it. Hugh Millen wasn't very effective.

Brady is great, but he can't go through the motions and be bad or mediocre on the road. Pretty simple.

[/QUOTE]

You are not the only one here who wanted the Patriors to draft Dennard. My fear was that they were going to try and sneak him on the practice squad. That would have never worked. He would have been picked up in seconds! He can play but I'm not feeling confident about anyone else in the secondary now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

LMAO

WHy is the offense excused after not doing anything from the 2nd qtr on? Just curious.

Answer the question. The offense can be bad for an extended period but if the D starts slow and plays better than the offense overal, why are you looking to trade for a CB?

The CBs were good today. Arrington was bad (a rarity/no human is perfect) but McCourty and Dennard had nice games. I didnt see Moore or Dowling used which kind of proves how good the CBs were overall.  Funny how I had Dennard on my mock draft board and I was mocked and here is looking good with our moron, whiny fans bashing our CBs with Brady tossing 2 INTs and taking two horrendous groundings. The irony.

I feel like I am talking to Pats fans in 1993 who want to like Hugh Millen, but don't get it. Hugh Millen wasn't very effective.

Brady is great, but he can't go through the motions and be bad or mediocre on the road. Pretty simple.

[/QUOTE]

There are 30 other defenses better than the Pats D right now and maybe a couple of better O's.
    Brady can't carry the team for years and win every game without benefit of a D who's only talent is turn overs against bad O's.

Case closed!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

The CBs were good? Look at the competition. SEA has done nothing offensively against anybody except the Pats

On the otherside, the Pats have scored more points on that defense than any other team in the league.

I am watching the HOU game. That's irrelevant though. Aaron Rodgers is arguably the best QB in the league. A good QB is capable of putting up numbers against a top D (i.e. Brees against SF last season). GB also has very good skill position players.

SEA does not. That is not a similar comparison. They have the 5th worst offense in points and 6th worst in yards.

The offense looked bad today. But they looked bad against a good defense, and we also know they are capable of playing well. The D has not shown they are capable of playing well.

Playing poorly for 2 quarters is not an extended period. Playing poor defense for 4 out of 6 games is.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

It's not a lack of talent.

BB is not creative anymore.  6 years in a row folks - it's a trend!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

[QUOTE]

There hasn't been a physical D that has won the SB in years.

[/QUOTE]

The Giants were physical.  100X more physical than BB's team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

LMAO

[/QUOTE]

"The CBs were good today". Dude I know we've had our differences. I know I've thought you were/are a moron, but after reading that you wrote that...tell me what the problem is, I may be able to get you help. Is it medication related? Something simple like that? Or are you being held against your will? Because that may be a toughy - I mean how are you going to tell me without them knowing? You'll have to use code. Just type *****. Make sure it's 5 ***** to let me know that the guy is right behind you and 4**** with a smiley face :) if the guy went into the other room. Then I can call in a ground assault team - there may be casualties (there always is with risks like that) but you never know. Maybe it's Patrick Chung behind you and all you have to do is start running - he won't be able to get within five yards of you. Or a guy like MCourty...he won't turn his head, so you should be able to break away clean and free!! Arrington would just sit there on the recliner and talk about how hard he's going to be working to improve next week, so that's an easy one.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

Are you watching the Texans/GB game? As long as the officiating crews have any team's secondary on their heels, no one should feel good about any secondary. The holding by O Lines up front is readily accepted, even blatantly, to the point every game you watch in this league has the potential for this kind of apparent "bad defensive back play".

It's a war of attrition, dude.  Atrittion is about minimizing damage. People here need to get this slam dunk, physical D out of their heads.  It's over. It's long, long gone. Rogie Goodell wasn't brought in here by mistake.  lmao

There hasn't been a physical D that has won the SB in years. Note how all the Ds are more like opportunistic Ds with good, methodical offenses. 

It's the D that minimizes the problems and doesn't allow TDs as opposed to FGs.

[/QUOTE]

That's funny, so far GB's bad D is holding Houstons good O to 17 points. But some how the pats awesome D can't hold the Seattle bad O to less than 24.  Go figure.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

How many times have we seen the Patriots lose a game one a last minute drive where the opponent easily marches down the field and scores a touchdown? It happens in nearly every close game they play in. Sometimes, like today the Patriots get the ball back with plenty of time to put together their own drive but come up empty because they either get sacked or intercepted. This happens in nearly every loss and any time they play a team with a winning record.

I was completely wrong about this team, I have to admit it, they are just an above average team. The Dolphins may be the best team in the division.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

LMAO

[/QUOTE]

The offense scored 23 on a defense that had been allowing 14.

Exactly how great did you expect Brady to play in the rain against the 4th rated pass D without help from a running game?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

On the otherside, the Pats have scored more points on that defense than any other team in the league.

[/QUOTE]

its the only saving grace for the D  at the moment

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

[QUOTE]

Are you watching the Texans/GB game? As long as the officiating crews have any team's secondary on their heels, no one should feel good about any secondary. The holding by O Lines up front is readily accepted, even blatantly, to the point every game you watch in this league has the potential for this kind of apparent "bad defensive back play".

It's a war of attrition, dude.  Atrittion is about minimizing damage. People here need to get this slam dunk, physical D out of their heads.  It's over. It's long, long gone. Rogie Goodell wasn't brought in here by mistake.  lmao

There hasn't been a physical D that has won the SB in years. Note how all the Ds are more like opportunistic Ds with good, methodical offenses. 

[/QUOTE]

Steelers in '08? Green Bay in '10?

Against a good offense, defenses are outmatched because of the way the rules are set up.

But if you can't stop one of the worst defenses, you're in trouble. I do not expect good defenses to completely shut down good offenses. But giving up big play after big play to that SEA offense is just pathetic.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

Laughable.  That's like saying any other SB team loser or winner in recent years wasn't physical. Ridiculous. All the recent SBs featured close games because the Ds on both sides were physical.

We never tried to run the ball in the second half of the SB WITH THE LEAD 10 or 17-9. Period.

We weren't physical by choice.   Get over it. I am. We're a pansy offense by choice. Terrible.

[/QUOTE]

Did you like those I-formation runs late in the fourth quarter?  Heck, they netted two whole yards, I think. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

Laughable.  That's like saying any other SB team loser or winner in recent years wasn't physical. Ridiculous. All the recent SBs featured close games because the Ds on both sides were physical.

We never tried to run the ball in the second half of the SB WITH THE LEAD 10 or 17-9. Period.

We weren't physical by choice.   Get over it. I am. We're a pansy offense by choice. Terrible.

[/QUOTE]

We didn't try to run the ball much in the last 2 SBs because IT WASN"T WORKING. Learn the game you simpleton.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We didn't try to run the ball much in the last 2 SBs because IT WASN"T WORKING. Learn the game you simpleton.

[/QUOTE]

Babe the Patriots ave 4.4 Ypc rushing to the Giants 4.1. , the running game was working but they didn't run and the giants did until they torched the secondary to win the game again in the last minute.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

If Roger Goodell by executive fiat, gave two all pro CBs to the patriots tomorrow - BB wouldn't know what to do with them and the defense would still be soft.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Babe the Patriots ave 4.4 Ypc rushing to the Giants 4.1. , the running game was working but they didn't run and the giants did until they torched the secondary to win the game again in the last minute.

[/QUOTE]

Our backs averaged 3.64 yac in the last SB and 2.81 in the SB before that.

Welker ran a couple of gadget plays to bring the average you speak of up. The "running game" was working for crap.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Against a good offense, defenses are outmatched because of the way the rules are set up.

But if you can't stop one of the worst defenses, you're in trouble. I do not expect good defenses to completely shut down good offenses. But giving up big play after big play to that SEA offense is just pathetic.

[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what "Stopping a a good defense" means. All I know is this was a SB situation for Seattle. Barring playoff games for them since the Kingdome closed, this was it.  This was liek Buffalo last year.    These games will be SBs for those teams. If our offense can't play for 4 qtrs and play clean, we ain't winning the game on road. I say the same thing for every road game every time, "play clean and you will probably win". Brady's play was BAD. BAD.

Look no further than the 3-3 Packers tonight. They won because their offense wasn't inept for 3 qtrs.

Some of you have some serious problems with reality.

[/QUOTE]

Whatever.

FACT is our offense scored 9 points more than their high end D was allowing, on the road no less, in a downpour.

But our D allowed them to score a TD more than they normally do, and let a 70 QB put a 133 on them.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what "Stopping a a good defense" means. All I know is this was a SB situation for Seattle. Barring playoff games for them since the Kingdome closed, this was it.  This was liek Buffalo last year.    These games will be SBs for those teams. If our offense can't play for 4 qtrs and play clean, we ain't winning the game on road. I say the same thing for every road game every time, "play clean and you will probably win". Brady's play was BAD. BAD.

Look no further than the 3-3 Packers tonight. They won because their offense wasn't inept for 3 qtrs.

Some of you have some serious problems with reality.

[/QUOTE] Yes, you do have a huge problem with reality.  How mant points did the Packers D give up to a good O, again.  How many points for the awesome Pats D give up to a JV QB?

That's  the reality of it , mam.  Worst D in the NFL for 3 years running.

25. This post has been removed.