Trade for Brady Quinn

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

Trade for Brady Quinn

Just a thought...  We need some backup QB depth and Brady Quinn seems like the ideal fit to backup TB.

He is very familiar with the Pats system since he played at Notre Dame under Weis and in my personal opinion, he is a decent QB that has been in a dysfunctional situation at Cleveland.

Once he gets settled into a situation where his role is clear (back-up) and has good coaching, I could see him being a solid backup QB. 

Doesn't have to be done today, but perhaps during the offseason this would make logical sense. 

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Re: Trade for Brady Quinn

Again with the trade talk! Are you guys crazy! do any of you trade talk guys watch the Pats? If so please site me one example of a trade Bill Belichick has made mid season? I know we trade in the offseason but please anyone name me one player we traded for mid season? You cant cause we have never done it! so why would we start now? I get you are just saying what if and i am not trying to be a jerk and bite your head off but seriously guys we dont make bone headed moves like making mid season trades. We are not the Jets and we are not desperate the way teams like the Jets are. If you can name me one guy Belichick traded for mid season I will admit i am wrong but i highly doubt it since i am pretty sure we have never done it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

If the Pats are going to get a Quinn, I vote for Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman.

Or Quinn the Eskimo.

You know . . .

whichever.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickD33. Show NickD33's posts

Better yet, lets trade for Quinn and maybe in a yr or so we can re-hire Charlie Weiss as offense Cooridnator !!
    Never a bad thing to look too far ahead. I can see Brady retiring in about 4 more yrs anyways.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I just threw up in my mouth.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Trade for Brady Quinn:
    [QUOTE]Just a thought...  We need some backup QB depth and Brady Quinn seems like the ideal fit to backup TB. He is very familiar with the Pats system since he played at Notre Dame under Weis and in my personal opinion, he is a decent QB that has been in a dysfunctional situation at Cleveland. Once he gets settled into a situation where his role is clear (back-up) and has good coaching, I could see him being a solid backup QB.  Doesn't have to be done today, but perhaps during the offseason this would make logical sense.  Thoughts?
    Posted by deluxbury[/QUOTE] he does know weiss's system.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

Please tell me this is a joke? Quinn achieved some kind of Golden Boy status without ever really being above average. He is not NFL material.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kanuho19. Show kanuho19's posts

i like idea but i think patriots are goin draft QB...i would like Tim tebow, colt mcCoy,

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikec645. Show mikec645's posts

hopefully this isn't a serious thread

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sebasatwork. Show sebasatwork's posts

Here’s an idea, let’s shop for Mr. Popcorn…T.O. and Randy together, down the field…5 yards from each other, covering any ball from Brady…over, under, right in their arms…doesn’t matter. We can play alley-oop all day long…rust or no rust, Tommy should be able to do this simple scheme.

And we can line them up on defense, just like Randy did with the Broncos.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from longhairjoe. Show longhairjoe's posts

[QUOTE]Just a thought...  We need some backup QB depth and Brady Quinn seems like the ideal fit to backup TB. He is very familiar with the Pats system since he played at Notre Dame under Weis and in my personal opinion, he is a decent QB that has been in a dysfunctional situation at Cleveland. Once he gets settled into a situation where his role is clear (back-up) and has good coaching, I could see him being a solid backup QB.  Doesn't have to be done today, but perhaps during the offseason this would make logical sense.  Thoughts?
    Posted by deluxbury[/QUOTE]

Don't bother with another team's reject for quarterback position.
    BB will draft Tim Teboy in 2010.
    Patriots will rule with the wild-cat.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Yea, after Quinn we should go after Leinart, Vince Young, Reggie Bush, and Alex Smith. 

Is this trick question for who can name the biggest first round busts since 2005? And a hell no to Tebow as well. I can show you another Urban Meyer QB that had a good collegiate career but fell short in the NFL. 

Check the list, he's up there.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightyfid. Show themightyfid's posts

I like that Hoyer kid. And if we could get someone make it
    Adrian Peterson

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

has quinn had one good game yet

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

Are the Pats still running Chrlie's offense even though he has been gone for four years?

What have you been smoking/drinking?  Another clown who wishes for the past

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

Why is the backup QB even be discussed? Why would we want Quinn?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

While we're all high on drugs, it may be worth mentioning that the Viklings just dropped J.D. Bootty from their practice squad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxRj5uWyngI

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

BB will draft Tim Teboy in 2010.
    Patriots will rule with the wild-cat.

Tebow will be gone by the time we pick. I like a Steven Jackson kind of back over a Peterson back. He's more like Dillion where he just pounds it. I think a lot of people dont realize that we have the Raiders first round pick in 2011 not 2010.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Lets see, he has played in the same system with Weiss, Crenel and now Mangini and still doesn't get it....Nah.  He is a BUST!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MYNJJets. Show MYNJJets's posts

Who the heck on this board ACTUALLY THINKS that Mangini would do ANY TRADE with BB?  Come on................lol

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I think the best idea on this thread was Dr. Quinn medicine woman. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

In Response to Re: Trade for Brady Quinn:
    [QUOTE]Again with the trade talk! Are you guys crazy! do any of you trade talk guys watch the Pats? If so please site me one example of a trade Bill Belichick has made mid season? I know we trade in the offseason but please anyone name me one player we traded for mid season? You cant cause we have never done it! so why would we start now? I get you are just saying what if and i am not trying to be a jerk and bite your head off but seriously guys we dont make bone headed moves like making mid season trades. We are not the Jets and we are not desperate the way teams like the Jets are. If you can name me one guy Belichick traded for mid season I will admit i am wrong but i highly doubt it since i am pretty sure we have never done it.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009[/QUOTE]

MVP:  Before you have another hissy fit, please take the time to read my posting all the way through.  I said this is something we should do in the OFF-SEASON! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

[QUOTE]Please tell me this is a joke? Quinn achieved some kind of Golden Boy status without ever really being above average. He is not NFL material.
    Posted by jedinate[/QUOTE]

Jedinate:  First, I dont think he's ever been given "golden boy" status in the NFL.  He was drafted late and then rode the pine for two years.  He's been in a dysfunctional system on a dusfunctional team.  If he was to get settled into a situation with a clear role and good coaching, I think he would be an excellent BACKUP QB. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

[QUOTE]Yea, after Quinn we should go after Leinart, Vince Young, Reggie Bush, and Alex Smith.  Is this trick question for who can name the biggest first round busts since 2005? And a hell no to Tebow as well. I can show you another Urban Meyer QB that had a good collegiate career but fell short in the NFL.  Check the list, he's up there.
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't call Quinn a bust - yet.  He's been in a terrible situation since he's been drafted.  I'm not saying we should trade him to replace Brady.  With good coaching and some stability, he could be an excellent backup QB in our system.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

[QUOTE]has quinn had one good game yet
    Posted by crono420[/QUOTE]

Actually, last year when Anderson was hurt, I thought he showed some promise.  I'm not suggesting we trade for him to take over as our starter.  In the right system with good coaching and stability, he could make an exceptional backup QB. 

Sections
Shortcuts