Trade for Branch!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

Trade for Branch!

Deion is coming off some minor surgery in Seattle and should be okay for the start of the season.  However, he will miss mini camp.  New coach Pete Carroll would probably take a really low pick just to unload the big time bust Deion B. 

The Pats should reunite Branch and Brady, and bring back the old magic.  You know, winning superbowls

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawksblog/2011744989_deion_branch_wi.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurupt. Show Kurupt's posts

Re: Trade for Branch!

In Response to Trade for Branch!:
    Deion is coming off some minor surgery in Seattle and should be okay for the start of the season.  However, he will miss mini camp.  New coach Pete Carroll would probably take a really low pick just to unload the big time bust Deion B.  The Pats should reunite Branch and Brady, and bring back the old magic.  You know, winning superbowls http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawksblog/2011744989_deion_branch_wi.html
    Posted by BBRULES23

Well Patten doesn't look like it's going to work out, I don't know, I think the Pats are stacked at WR, adding him doesn't add too much value...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Deion is coming off some minor surgery in Seattle and should be okay for the start of the season.  However, he will miss mini camp.  New coach Pete Carroll would probably take a really low pick just to unload the big time bust Deion B.  The Pats should reunite Branch and Brady, and bring back the old magic.  You know, winning superbowls http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawksblog/2011744989_deion_branch_wi.html
    Posted by BBRULES23

Oh so now you know more than the guy who won us three Super Bowls?  I guess Kraft oughta let you call the shots around here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

In Response to Re: Trade for Branch!:
    In Response to Trade for Branch! : Well Patten doesn't look like it's going to work out, I don't know, I think the Pats are stacked at WR, adding him doesn't add too much value...
    Posted by Kurupt

the Pats are not stacked at WR.  Just because they added some names to the WR position doesn't mean their set.  Aiken is listed as a WR, but he's not.  So is Patten, who isn't anymore. 

Right now I only see Holt, Moss, and Edleman as starters opening day.  Far from stacked.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from quinzpatsfan. Show quinzpatsfan's posts

I wouldn't be so sure.  I def don't see the Pats trading for him though at $5.3 mill a year.  If he were to get cut though then maybe.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccusson1122. Show ccusson1122's posts

moss, welker, edleman , holt, tate, price, gronkowski, hernandez, crumpler, aiken, patten

not sure there is room although i think aikens days are done as receiver and patten prob wont make the team do to tate and price's production this offseason.

only 1 ball

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Branch held out for big money essentially forcing a trade and leaving the Pats high and dry at WR that year.  remember how many clutch passes caldwell dropped.  They make the SB that year if Branch doesn't pull his BS about money.  Belichick won't bring him back after that.
    Posted by mikec645
    ahh...it' coming to me.....an old expression....something about burning...burning bridges that's it........that bridge is ashes......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Nothing is set in stone until the final rosters are submitted ,but I highly doubt that Deion Branch is at present even a thought. Patten hasn't been cut and noone has won a job as of yet,I think it is safe to say when they line up in the 3 WR set it'll be Moss,Edelman and Holt. After that they are scrambling for position. I would say that to make this team you better have special teams skills if you play WR.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

no, no, no!

our receivers are PERFECT
    Moss and Holt, albeit old, go on each side of the field and open up the middle, where we have an abundance of slot WRs and TEs
    plus, we have speed receivers in Tate and Price that can come in to spell the oldies
    and EDELMAN is a stud

Branch would see less playing time than Chad Jackson did

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hagen910. Show hagen910's posts

Posted by BBRULES23

hell no, the guy is breaking down in a major way.  turn the page.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

Dude after those two tightends I think we're pretty close to being set.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

Why bring back an injured malcontent?  He was here.  He had a chance to be great and be part of a long superbowl run.  Instead he ran out of town for more money.  It is time to use that position for a young WR.  Moss and Holts are one year fixes.  It is time to start grooming a replacement.  Bringing back Branch takes a roster spot away from a young player needed for the future.  Tate, Edelman, price, Stanback, Aikens, and others need a chance to be the 4th and 5th wideouts this year.  These are the future.  The Patriots are doing a good job of reloading the roster with young players.  Bringing back a has been is not rebuilding.  Another issue is his locker room presence.  He caused problems in the past.  Why take the chance now?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

I recall Pete Carroll saying that they were keeping Branch.....Did I miss something?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from canpatfan. Show canpatfan's posts

I think if it were a few years ago - I would want Branch back.  No doubt there was some chemistry there between Brady and Branch - also with Givens to a certain degree.  Perhaps if BB is not holding a grudge and lets say and injury pops up in camp to a key WR??? Then maybe they might lure Branch back?  However - I think it very unlikely.  But I do recall how Brady to Branch at Heinze Field put a a dagger in SB dreams of Squeeler fans.  It was a sweet memory - but that is just it: it is a new era and the Pats are forming an awesome team.

Posted by BBRULES23

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

With the addition of the tight ends and Price the Pats have a lot of good receiving options. Furthermore, Buddy Farnham is more appealing from the standpoint of local boy as hero.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Is Cliff Branch still alive?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Trade for Branch! : Oh so now you know more than the guy who won us three Super Bowls?  I guess Kraft oughta let you call the shots around here.
    Posted by themightypatriotz

Mighty, I thought BBRules (without the 23) was the real annoying board character?  I might be mistaken, but I believe BBRules23 is a different guy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In light of all of the injury problems the Pats have had over the years, why the heck would we want a WR who has barely played with any consistency due to injuries since he left us?  Branch has been nothing but injured since he left.  Sure, he should be OK for the start of the season...until he gets injured again a game or two later.  We all liked Branch, but it's over now.  The guy can't stay healthy at all.  No matter how well you play, you cannot catch a pass, throw a TD, run a yard, or make a tackle if you are on the bench injured.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

It's true that few x-Pats ever find there way back here. Think about it. There have been exceptions like Banta Cain or David Patten but most of the higher paid x-Pats
    never come back. Perhaps that because as Bill says "we're moving on". Belichick rarely looks back. Now if Branch got cut, Tom Brady really wanted him back on the team and signing $$$ was not big, it could happen. I don't think Deon or the Pats parted angry. Branch wanted his pay day and he got it. The Pats were not willing to meet his price. Everybody moved on! 
    As for who Brady will throw to, now that the Pats have drafted two TEs, I hope they develop an offensive scheme where they start throwing the ball to them. As for WRs perhaps either Tate or Price will step up and claim a starting spot by the mid point of the season. It will be interesting to watch.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Before Holt, I would have taken Joey Galloway back. Now, I don't see the point. Holt was productive last year on a team that runs the ball first on offense with a QB who, although can take care of the ball, isn't on the same level as Tom Brady. Holt was a great signing, Branch, although to me is still the go to 83 in New England, isn't worth a draft pick or 5 million dollars a year. 

And to the clown who called him a malcontent, Branch only gave problems in '06 when he wanted a contract. Prior to that, he was a great WR, teammate, and Patriot. And Mighty, can we knock off the "Kraft should hire you to make the decisions around here" responses? It's a discussion board. We discuss.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

What is it with the fascination of bringing back injury-prone players that are a shell of themselves? 

"Branch only gave problems in '06 when he wanted a contract." Well, the problem with that is that we could have won a Super Bowl that year with Branch around to catch a few of those dropped balls. So that was kind of an important year for him to get fussy. He didn't want just any contract - he wanted a lucrative contract, and he got one in Seattle. More power to him. And yes, we can discuss anything on this board. Wanna see if we can trade for Asante Samuel? Dave Thomas? Pete Carrol? Or should we stick with ideas that are a tad more realistic?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DogenHanda. Show DogenHanda's posts

I think that Branch has long ago "burned" any chance of staying with the Pats, much less coming back....and now that he is an oft-injured, 35-yr old receiver - the odds are even less that the Pats would trade for him. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

the headline should read "look at Branch once he gets cut". He had another knee scope the other day and currently will not pass a physical. Therefore he is unable to get on the field in a new system with a new coach. He also projects to be the #3 or #4 for the Seahawks and is on the books at over $5M. Seems as if no trade partners will present themselves, and Branch will be cut. At that time he is free to be signed at a reasonable rate. Perhaps the Pats could have him in to "kick the tires", but seems that the Holt signing makes it a moot point.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Posted by BBRULES23

Why bring back Branch? Unfortunately, his knees are shot. Better off hoping that Brandon Tate's knee situation improves...and that rookie Taylor Price pans out.    

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

In Response to Trade for Branch! :      Why bring back Branch? Unfortunately, his knees are shot. Better off hoping that Brandon Tate's knee situation improves...and that rookie Taylor Price pans out.    
    Posted by TexasPat3

To be clear Tex, I would only want Branch back for a Patten type deal.  I would just rather see the Pats have a Deion Branch than a Patten as a veteran WR.  Patten didn't play at all last year and has nothing left.  Branch in a new risk, max reward would make alot of sense.  As far as Tate goes, he has to show me something before I can have any faith in him.  

Sections
Shortcuts