Trade for Matt Forte?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from VAPATRIOT. Show VAPATRIOT's posts

Trade for Matt Forte?

The Chicago Bears signed running back Michael Bush on Thursday, and Matt Forte also lashed out on Twitter, saying he felt disrespected. But later he took to Twitter to clarify his position. The timing of his initial comments suggested frustration directed toward the Bush acquisition, but Forte says it simply has to do with the way he feels the Bears organization is treating him.

Only 26 years old, would be a good veteran pick-up to complete the 2012 offense!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Re: Trade for Matt Forte?

For a 2nd I would, but that wont land him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

I wonder if Chicago would want Welker? Forte would be commanding at least a 1st rd pick, which I am not sure is worth it.

So, what if NE sent a mid rounder and Welker to Chicago for Forte? 

If they aren't signing a FA RB, why not get Forte his deal, make him happy and structure it so it only goes up in 2014 when the cap skyrockets.  All he wants is a committed deal, not a tag.

It's pretty clear Welker doesn't want 2 years and NE may not be willing to move further on 3 years+. Maybe Chicago would?

LOve Welker, etc, but it's pretty hard to ignore how much more balanced and devastating we'd be with a lead back like that in this offense with a filtering in of Ridley and Vereen.

1. Teams would have to respect Forte so much, it would be like the 2010 offense but on steroids.  THe offense would in no way be predictable with a back like that.

2. Brady would be greater protected, with less chance of injury as he ages. 

These two factors are impossible to ignore.  BUt, if I could deal Welker for Forte, right now, I am doing it. No doubt. I hate to say that, but I think one reason why we didn't win SB 42 and SB 46 was the defense knowing how much Brady loves throwing to Welker.  Can't blame him, but it's very similar to the  Moss addiction problem, but it doesn't seem as obvious because Welker is the one getting open FASTER due to the skill set and routes he runs.

I cannot see this team going into a season with 2 young RBs, each of whom have never played a full 16 games in the NFL before. It's just too risky. You need 2 starter level, healthy RBs in this league, minimum every week.  We had it with BJGE and Woodhead, but fi you want to upgrade by letting BJGE walk, let's upgrade it!

Finally, people keep saying we should just turn to Ridley and Vereen. Disagree.  We've lost Morris, Faulk and now BJGE in the last 2 years. We need not only one more legit RB, but a true, experienced lead back.

Is it me, or is the Light retiring and Brady restructure pointing to one last big move by BB?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I like it, but not for Welker. Keep him, send a draft pick to Chi.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

My fear is they would not only want a 1st rd pick, which may be fine, but they may want two of them.  I can see them being unreasonable with his trade value.

Sort of like how Carolina are ridiculous with their understanding of the market. I heard some moron on the radio down here saying Carolina "would think" about trading Stewart if someone offered a 1st rd pick.  LOL!

No one is offering a 1st rd pick to a guy who had a drop off in production the last TWO YEARS, whether it was his fault or not.  This is what I mean. Some of these GMs are morons.  Marty Hurney is the same doofus who refused to deal Julius Peppers in 2009 because he didn't get 2 1st rd picks from a team that needed to pay Peppers 16+ mil per.  Yes, let me deal 2 1st rd picks into a lockout and then pay a DE 16+ million per year.

The logic is whacked. It's a wonder why these teams aren't 4-12 literally every year.

The cap doesn't jump until 2014, so there is no way Forte is going to want to be tagged 2 years in a row. Nor is Welker.

Welker wants years, not so much the highest paid.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

That would be sick to have a RB of that caliber in this Offense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

The other thing is, Woodhead's deal expires, I believe after this season.  So, to avoid a constant instability on the backfield, a Forte or a Jonathan Stewart, maybe a Ryan Grant (3rd choice), would only help losing him, assuming someone will eventually overpay Woodhead.   Also, I'd still love for them to swing a deal for MJ Drew, obviously. 

Moving forward, it'd be nice to have 3 quality backs locked up, regardless who it is.

Forte
    Ridley
    Vereen

That would be a pretty lethal batch of backs to use every week in a variety of ways.

They have to do something in this area.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Yip. Gotta get a running back or all this passing will be short circuited.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Sorry but forte wants paid and BB is not going to give a #1 pick and a lot of cash for a rb. And people who loosely throw around getting rid of welker are crazy. Welker and the pats will get a deal done

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Trade for Matt Forte?": [QUOTE]Sorry but forte wants paid and BB is not going to give a #1 pick and a lot of cash for a rb. And people who loosely throw around getting rid of welker are crazy. Welker and the pats will get a deal done Posted by Brady2Moss07[/QUOTE] That's why you send no more than a 2 for him, if even that, and make it binding that an extension is signed if the deal is to be done. If they won't bite, let them lose him in FA next year, and deal with his whining THIS year.....But no Welker, need to keep him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from VAPATRIOT. Show VAPATRIOT's posts

In Response to Re: Trade for Matt Forte?:
    [QUOTE]I wonder if Chicago would want Welker? Forte would be commanding at least a 1st rd pick, which I am not sure is worth it. So, what if NE sent a mid rounder and Welker to Chicago for Forte? 

I like this concept, Welker for Forte. Would HATE to see Welker go, but I think it would make this 2012 offense more balanced and much more dangerous! A hard trade for the fan base, but a great value deal for the Patriots.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Trade for Matt Forte?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade for Matt Forte? : [QUOTE]I wonder if Chicago would want Welker? Forte would be commanding at least a 1st rd pick, which I am not sure is worth it. So, what if NE sent a mid rounder and Welker to Chicago for Forte?  I like this concept, Welker for Forte. Would HATE to see Welker go, but I think it would make this 2012 offense more balanced and much more dangerous! A hard trade for the fan base, but a great value deal for the Patriots. Posted by VAPATRIOT[/QUOTE] They want the NFL's leading receiver AND a draft pick? Uh uh. Too much. The draft pick yes, Welker a painful maybe, but not both. Don't forget, Forte is coming off a serious injury as well.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In Response to Re: Trade for Matt Forte?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade for Matt Forte? : [QUOTE]I wonder if Chicago would want Welker? Forte would be commanding at least a 1st rd pick, which I am not sure is worth it. So, what if NE sent a mid rounder and Welker to Chicago for Forte?  I like this concept, Welker for Forte. Would HATE to see Welker go, but I think it would make this 2012 offense more balanced and much more dangerous! A hard trade for the fan base, but a great value deal for the Patriots.
    Posted by VAPATRIOT[/QUOTE]

Exactly. It's almost like Welker is so good everyone knows that's Brady's 1st read. Even with Gronk and Hernadez here, so it would help Brady be less reliant on him and in turn balance out our offense.

I hate to say this, because no one works harder, but did you notice Welker sort of disappears in the bigger games against the good Ds?  Not meant to knock him at all as sometimes it's due to a double team, but think about it. It's sort of true.

We really need to balance out this offense.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Trade for Matt Forte?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade for Matt Forte? : Exactly. It's almost like Welker is so good everyone knows that's Brady's 1st read. Even with Gronk and Hernadez here, so it would help Brady be less reliant on him and in turn balance out our offense. I hate to say this, because no one works harder, but did you notice Welker sort of disappears in the bigger games against the good Ds?  Not meant to knock him at all as sometimes it's due to a double team, but think about it. It's sort of true. We really need to balance out this offense. Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE] Maybe, and i definitely agree that the O needs to be balanced,but I don't like sending Welker AND a draft pick. Another reason you might send Welker out is the "controversy" over the dropped ball. It's a relatively small matter, but it will always be there. But if you send him out, I think it might be a good idea to draft a WR then somewhere in the 2012 draft.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Sounds like Forte is pretty unhappy with the Bush signing.  Wouldn't surprise me if he makes enough noise for them to want to get rid of him.  Sad thing is Forte is looking for a lot of cash, I guess he hasn't noticed the decline of big money contracts RB's are getting nowdays.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I really doubt any moves we make at this point are going to be geared towards offensive skill position players, we need some defensive upgrades. I can't see this team giving up picks for a back that has 4 years of NFL mileage on him and wants to get paid, especially when that guy is barely breaking the 1k yard mark during those seasons.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Trade for Matt Forte?": [QUOTE]I really doubt any moves we make at this point are going to be geared towards offensive skill position players, we need some defensive upgrades. I can't see this team giving up picks for a back that has 4 years of NFL mileage on him and wants to get paid, especially when that guy is barely breaking the 1k yard mark during those seasons. Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE] Especially not in trade for the NFL's leading receiver.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Forte is a good player. But, though he's only 26 years old, he's got a lot of wear and tear on him. He's coming off a knee injury, and he wants far too much money. He turned down $7mil. per year with the Bears. Besides paying him, the Bears would want one of the two Patriots' first round picks.

No...the Pats should pass.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Why would Chicago trade this guy? 

He is about the perfect fit for this offense, as he is as good a reciever as he is a runner, maybe better. 

But really, Chicago isn't going to unload their franchise player. They got Bush to compliment him, not replace him. 

Additionally, like TP said, he's had some reps. Though the knee was just an MCL, which is really a healing thing, and not as catastrophic injury that requires a grafted ligament. 

Believe me, I thought he was a candidate for MVP last season after the obvious QBs who mean more to their teams, but it isn't happening. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

To me, Welker and pick 27 and pick 31 all have almost near equal value

I would trade any ONE of them for Forte, but not TWO

if you want to talk a1st/4th or Welker/4th then sure, I'd do it, but I think it would have to be AFTER Light/Welker solve their contract issues, unless the Brady restructure gives us the space

but when you clear Welker's 9.6 million for Forte's 7.7, cut a few more people and figure out what is going on with Light/Ocho/Hoyer the Pats will have the cash to add a defensive player BEFORE the draft (I likr a 2nd-3rd for Freeney)

Toss Woodhead in a Forte deal as well now that we have Spencer. Vareen should be expected to better Woody's '11 production, if he can't we wasted a 2nd rd pick

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

picks 48 and 127 are fine by me!

Sections
Shortcuts