Trade for Raiders' Burgess Coming Soon?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Trade for Raiders' Burgess Coming Soon?

It appears that Raiders' 32 year old pass-rushing DE Derrick Burgess will soon be traded. Burgess has decided to hold out from training camp, and has missed previous mini-camp seessions due to "illness". This could be another Randy Moss situation for Uncle Al...as Burgess clearly wants out of Oakland: http://www.sacbee.com/raiders/story/2067612.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Re: Trade for Raiders' Burgess Coming Soon?

I've heard Davis wants a second rounder in return. I doubt BB would give up anything that high. He seems to like those seconds better than firsts! I read they were offered a third, but I forget which team made the offer. Certainly the price will go down the longer Burgess holds out. But it would be much better if he could get in some camp time, if indeed he comes to NE. This could fill one of the biggest holes the team seems to have. On the other hand, Davis is senile, and would likely try to hold off as long as possible before trading with BB. The Randy Moss deal made him look foolish (as if he didn't do a good enough job of that himself already), and he's probably still steaming two years later! We'll see what happens. But a battle of wits between Davis and Belichick is like one between a Harvard graduate with a PhD and a retarded five year old...or Leon (the five year old is probably a bit brighter, though)!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

I've been looking for that story to break every morning. How about a 2nd in 2012? Massage Al's wrinkled ego a bit, so he could brag about getting the 2nd rounder to his imaginary friends. 
    We need Burgess!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to Re: Trade for Raiders' Burgess Coming Soon?:
    I've heard Davis wants a second rounder in return. I doubt BB would give up anything that high. He seems to like those seconds better than firsts! I read they were offered a third, but I forget which team made the offer. Certainly the price will go down the longer Burgess holds out. But it would be much better if he could get in some camp time, if indeed he comes to NE. This could fill one of the biggest holes the team seems to have. On the other hand, Davis is senile, and would likely try to hold off as long as possible before trading with BB. The Randy Moss deal made him look foolish (as if he didn't do a good enough job of that himself already), and he's probably still steaming two years later! We'll see what happens. But a battle of wits between Davis and Belichick is like one between a Harvard graduate with a PhD and a retarded five year old...or Leon (the five year old is probably a bit brighter, though)!!!
    Posted by bubthegrub2

Check out BB's draft choices in rounds 2 thru 4 the last five years. Compare them to other teams. We are at the bottom. Our best trades are draft choices for players....just pull the trigger on this one. To say Burgess is not worth a future Patriots' number two is ridiculous. Any of you happy with our current pass rush situation?
    By the way, Al Davis has been one of the great minds in NFL history. He ran a great organization for decades and helped force the AFL-NFL merger. He refuses to yield power now, and age has caught up with him..... but to brand him an idiot and ridicule the man is not the sign of a good fan. Particularly not a fan of an AFL team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

The "Senile One" will be spouting wings and playing a harp before anybody gives him a second round pick for Burgess. He would do very well to a get a low 3rd rounder.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Trade for Raiders' Burgess Coming Soon?:
    The "Senile One" will be spouting wings and playing a harp before anybody gives him a second round pick for Burgess. He would do very well to a get a low 3rd rounder.
    Posted by TexasPat3

If their choice is having a guy who won't play, he would do well to get a steak dinner at Ruth's Chris or something and call it a day.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Its' going to be an interesting August in Foxboro. How will the Vick situation, TE logjam, RT, and RB positions pan out? http://www.examiner.com/x-1324-New-England-Patriots-Examiner~y2009m7d31-Patriots-training-camp-story-lines-Michael-Vick-rumors-and-a-running-back-logjam

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

They don't need to trade any draft choices they can wait until the Raiders cut him in a week.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OscarGamble. Show OscarGamble's posts

The Moss trade will be an issue in so far as what Oakland will want in return. Suffice to say, their front office might still be a little upset receiving a 4th round pick for a guy who put up 23 TD's first season gone. They might simply choose not to deal w/ NE under any circumstances.
    I'd like to get Burgess but no one is going to give them a #2 for him....and rest assured Belichick won't. What's this guys contract situation, anyway?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Watch what you say about Al or else BlowhardBob will cry.

Al Davis is a bad owner, I dont care what he did 20 years ago he s ucks now and this is a what have you done for me lately league so go cry somewhere else Bob.

Harley I do not agre that we NEED Burgess. Would it be nice to bring him in? Yes it would but we dont need him. I dont think Belichick would have traded Vrabes if he didnt have faith in the guys he has.

And no way no how is Burgess worth a 2nd rounder. I am perfectly ok with going into teh season with Woods as the starter. I think he will have a break out season. So maybe a 4th or a 3rd at the highest but anything more then that is stupid fandome talking. The coaches know better then any of us do and clearly they like Woods, Crable, Redd, and Banta Cain or else they wouldnt have traded Vrabes in the first place.

Sections
Shortcuts