Trade for Steven Jackson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikial. Show Mikial's posts

Trade for Steven Jackson

I was just reading on Yahoo Sports how the Rams would be willing to trade Jackson.  This is clearly due to there misserable season thus far.  Not quite sure what to give up for him but he is a great running back with alot of power that would work great for the pats.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Re: Trade for Steven Jackson

Send the link?

Thanks

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AkhjJMFSuAtiUq5zS6_padY5nYcB?slug=ms-thegameface101609&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

That one says maybe...This one is pure speculation:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AhChFWDOj3UDwu1wyx_2smw5nYcB?slug=tsn-packtradesthatshould&prov=tsn&type=lgns

It looks like he counts about $3million against the cap...a pretty good bargain.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Trade for Steven Jackson:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AkhjJMFSuAtiUq5zS6_padY5nYcB?slug=ms-thegameface101609&prov=yhoo&type=lgns That one says maybe...This one is pure speculation: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AhChFWDOj3UDwu1wyx_2smw5nYcB?slug=tsn-packtradesthatshould&prov=tsn&type=lgns It looks like he counts about $3million against the cap...a pretty good bargain.
    Posted by seattlemaslow

The cap charge would be a bargain, but the price to get him would be exorbitant.

Nonetheless, he's a world-class RB and I'd love to have him.  The Patriots were expected to draft him in the first round of the 2004 draft.  Instead, they selected Wilfork, and I'd say that hasn't worked out too badly thus far.  Now we could have our cake and eat it too.

Having said that, Marshawn Lynch (even considering off field problems) wouldn't be a bad consolation prize and I think he could be had for cheaper.  He can catch screens and he runs like a bull - I've rarely seen him go down in the open field on just one tackle.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriotsftball. Show Patriotsftball's posts

Not a first..Maroney and a 2nd + 5th maybe. I wouldn't think a 1st. But who knows?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriotsftball. Show Patriotsftball's posts

We need these 1st round pick to build a solid defense for years to come...Defense wins CHAMPIONSHIPS...Most of the time....We have 3 1st round pick in the next 2 years..DEFENSE, DEFENSE, DEFENSE!!!!!

Another bad a%$ LB'er
    A shut down corner
    A solid pass rusher of the edge

PERIOD!!!!! DEFENSE.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

Keep dreaming, were not getting anybody, the perade is over, this is how its going 2 B from now on. MOSS and Brady better get there heads out of there A*s's and start connecting with TD's...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from +Mrboston. Show +Mrboston's posts

You could never get Steven Jackson without giving up a first, trust me I follow this game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I'd give up NE's 2009 1st + 3rd round picks + Maroney for Jackson + Rams 2010 4th round.
    Posted by ricky12684

Ricky, I think you're channeling Al Davis.  I wouldn't mind us picking up Jackson, but that's way too much to give up for him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

the rams would take a $5 million cap hit if they trade jackson. so its not happening. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

in most cases i would dream of this trade,but with the pats style of running by committe what good would jackson be?there not gonna change there style just for him.not to mention the pats OL is built for pass protection,not run blocking.shoot we dont even have a full back to help in the run blocking.sure we might be able to get him for a 2nd rd pick,but it may  be a wasted trade unless they change there style,and i dont see that happening this year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

the rams would take a $5 million cap hit if they trade jackson. so its not happening. 
    Posted by artielang

The Patriots assume the salary and the bonuses, so from a cash perspective, that's not such a big deal.

They have plenty of cap room, and it might be the last year they have a salary cap.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

I'd love to see the Pat's pilfer Michael Bush from the Raiders who seem to have him either splitting carries with Fargas or backing up the under-achieving and often injured McFadden.  Bush would be like the 2003 Corey Dillon.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

in most cases i would dream of this trade,but with the pats style of running by committe what good would jackson be?there not gonna change there style just for him.not to mention the pats OL is built for pass protection,not run blocking.shoot we dont even have a full back to help in the run blocking.sure we might be able to get him for a 2nd rd pick,but it may  be a wasted trade unless they change there style,and i dont see that happening this year.
    Posted by mosseffect43

Don't think I agree, Moss. I believe if they had a go-to back, they would use a go-to back. They had no problem riding on Dillon's shoulders when he was here, or even Antowain Smith, for that matter.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: Trade for Steven Jackson : Don't think I agree, Moss. I believe if they had a go-to back, they would use a go-to back. They had no problem riding on Dillon's shoulders when he was here, or even Antowain Smith, for that matter.
    Posted by markes8336
    if is a diffrent matter,if they have no choice,then yes they would. this is true about dillon,but they didnt bring him in during the season either.we got him before the season began.if jackson was brought in now.it would still be a run by committee.now next year could be a diffrent story.I also remember drafting maroney that one year,and we still had a productive dillon,and him and maroney split time,and dillon wasnt happy that year with the lack of touches,and wasnt resigned after that season.from that point on with drafting maroney that year,it has been a run by committee.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

Posted by mosseffect43
    Moss ..This time I have to disagree with you..
    Acquiring Steven Jackson would be a great move for the Patriots ...He would transform our offense into the multiple attack we used to be with Corey Dillon...and at 26 do it for years to come !! I made this suggestion a few weeks ago but the financial geniuses on this site started screaming about the cap numbers !! Reality is the Pats need a back like Steven Jackson to keep the heat off Tom Brady on a fairly consistant basis ...When we need 3rd down yardage we are too one dimensional going for the short pass over the middle...or the quick out down the line of scrimmage !! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

More fantasy trades?

St Louis has too much cash tied up in the kid. And NE won't trade for a big money star, much less at a spot where they like to platoon.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

More fantasy trades? St Louis has too much cash tied up in the kid. And NE won't trade for a big money star, much less at a spot where they like to platoon.
    Posted by zbellino
    it is only a nice thought.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=1663

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Irkillendem. Show Irkillendem's posts

Seen it on ESPNs "Rumors" just now lol. Would certainly make teams respect the run game more.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Not a first..Maroney and a 2nd + 5th maybe. I wouldn't think a 1st. But who knows?
    Posted by Patriotsftball

Guys, StL will not trade him for anything less than multiple picks that includes a 1st

Simmons was right, that if we offer one of our three 2nd rd picks this year, Maroney and the '11 1st from Oakland then we'd have a shot

Sections
Shortcuts