Trade Gronk???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Trade Gronk???

Time may be right. Always beat up by years end due to reckless play. Always partying on injured limbs. We have Hernadez, Fells, Ballard, Hooman.

Package him up with Wes and send him to Arizona for Larry!!!  Doh!  (in my homer voice)

I love Gronk, He is a great kid, but he is still a kid IMO. Doesnt seem to too mad about losing the last SB. Need more HUMBLE players like the Pats of old who work hard, keep their mouths shut and produce. He is  a great player but im thinking too much money invetsed into 2 TIGHT ENDS who BOTH are hurt every year.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Re: Trade Gronk???

Not happening. Every player goes through injuries. It's part of the game. number 1, his contract is too much for another team to take on unless the Patriots eat a good portion of it, I don't see happening. Number 2, when healthy he's the biggest nightmare to defend especially across the middle amd in the end zone. TE's like him don't come that frequently. The on;y other TE that is close would be Jimmy Graham out of New Orleans. NOT HAPPENING!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I would not trade this guy. He is a special talent - when he is on the field our whole team changes. This guy is hard to cover...very hard. He makes things so much easier on our passing game. I do worry that he is going to be injured a lot, but I just don't care - I'll take my chances with him over some draft picks that we get, that end up being mediocre. I could care less how much he parties,  he is young and it will slow down as he gets older.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

I am not sure we know how Gronk felt. I think he gives it his all regardless.

Think he will mature and settle down any day now.

How prone he is to injuries is the big issue.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

He is a one of a kind talent.  He has played at a ridiculously high level when healthy and there is no evidence so far that his offseason antics have affected his play during the season.  No way.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I would not trade this guy. He is a special talent - when he is on the field our whole team changes. This guy is hard to cover...very hard. He makes things so much easier on our passing game. I do worry that he is going to be injured a lot, but I just don't care - I'll take my chances with him over some draft picks that we get, that end up being mediocre. I could care less how much he parties,  he is young and it will slow down as he gets older.

Ok, this is also what I thought. I just thought I would guage how fans feel about him. I did make the post with a question mark and I would love to see him stay here I just feel thats a lot of money locked into 2 guys who really dont get deep and maybe we dont upgrade and keep Lloyd as our # 1 and I dont think he is a # 1.  Sooo, I guess I just put out his name to see what folks are thinking but it could be Hernadez too. I love them both but going forward Im trying to see how they add on to the offense with that much money tied in. Ballard, Fells, Hooman collectively with Woody and Vareen could make up production from Hernadez but you lose that matchup nightmare.  I hope they can a get a cheap option to play outside. Something gotta change IMO. This offense is ALL over the middle.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Ok, this is also what I thought. I just thought I would guage how players feel about him. I did make the post with a question mark and I would love to see him stay here I just feel thats a lot of money locked into 2 guys who really dont get deep and maybe we dont upgrade and keep Lloyd as our # 1 and I dont think he is a # 1.  Sooo, I guess I just put out his name to see what folks are thinking but it could be Hernadez too. I love them both but going forward Im trying to see how they add on to the offense with that much money tied in. Ballard, Fells, Hooman collectively with Woody and Vareen could make up production from Hernadez but you lose that matchup nightmare.  I hope they can a get a cheap option to play outside. Something gotta change IMO. This offense is ALL over the middle.

We have no idea if Ballard is healthy and the rest of our TEs cannot block consistently.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Ok, this is also what I thought. I just thought I would guage how players feel about him. I did make the post with a question mark and I would love to see him stay here I just feel thats a lot of money locked into 2 guys who really dont get deep and maybe we dont upgrade and keep Lloyd as our # 1 and I dont think he is a # 1.  Sooo, I guess I just put out his name to see what folks are thinking but it could be Hernadez too. I love them both but going forward Im trying to see how they add on to the offense with that much money tied in. Ballard, Fells, Hooman collectively with Woody and Vareen could make up production from Hernadez but you lose that matchup nightmare.  I hope they can a get a cheap option to play outside. Something gotta change IMO. This offense is ALL over the middle.

We have no idea if Ballard is healthy and the rest of our TEs cannot block consistently.

True! So what about Hernandez , is he expendable? seems he gets the same knee and ankle injuries due  to his style of play as well. I remember the 1st game he played. I was impressed with his ability to break tackles but I told my buddy all those spin moves in traffic is gonna get him hurt and it was true. We need these guys healthy in January or they are hurting us.  I think they need more targets so our big 3 arent worn out by postseason

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

True! So what about Hernandez , is he expendable? seems he gets the same knee and ankle injuries due  to his style of play as well. I remember the 1st game he played. I was impressed with his ability to break tackles but I told my buddy all those spin moves in traffic is gonna get him hurt and it was true. We need these guys healthy in January or they are hurting us.  I think they need more targets so our big 3 arent worn out by postseason

I thought the same thing about Hernandez, as far as him going to get hurt, but he's still a talent. I just don't think you can trade away young talent, because there's a rather huge risk you are going to end up with a Rasi Dowling in return. We don't need anymore of those. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Unsubscribe this thread!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Timmaay. Show Timmaay's posts

Obviously you don't trade a guy you just signed to a $50M+ long term deal...but...I can understand a fan's frustration.  The guy can't seem to stay on the field (first it's an ankle...then a hip...then a broken forearm...then he brakes it again without even being touched) and yet I see a video of him dancing and faux wrestling (and falling to the floor) on TMZ today.    We all saw the offense bog down against the Giants last year and the Ravens this year, maybe a healthy Gronk makes the difference.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Another day another idiotic arm chair GM making another idiotic suggestion.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

I do not know about trading him at this juncture, but someone needs to sit down with him and have a serious discussion about personal and professional responsibilities.  Being young is not an excuse to continue to be immature, reckless, drunk and stupid.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Timmaay's comment:

Obviously you don't trade a guy you just signed to a $50M+ long term deal...but...I can understand a fan's frustration.  The guy can't seem to stay on the field (first it's an ankle...then a hip...then a broken forearm...then he brakes it again without even being touched) and yet I see a video of him dancing and faux wrestling (and falling to the floor) on TMZ today.    We all saw the offense bog down against the Giants last year and the Ravens this year, maybe a healthy Gronk makes the difference.  

Thank you for the respectable response. Some people like to thump their chest. I have see much worse suggested. The reason I started it is because people are on another thread showing frustration with him so I thought Id ask. No big deal. If you disagree , why even open the thread unless you gonna comment on the subject??  I dont get these folks in here sometimes...  but thank you for being normal.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:

I do not know about trading him, but someone needs to sit down with him and have a serious discussion.  Being young is not an excuse to continue to be immature, reckless, drunk and stupid.

If I recall correctly he broke his arm on the field. He didn't break it carrying a keg or hoisting strippers on his shoulders.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

Any grown man dancing in a bar with his shirt off is a moron. Gronkowski is no different. This guy is heading down the wrong road.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Hands down the dumbest thing I've ever read in my life. 

Trade a FHOF TE...for? He's the only reciever we have over 6'2, why would you get rid of him? Thank god some of you guys aren't the GM for the Pats. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

Trade a FHOF TE...for? He's the only reciever we have over 6'2, why would you get rid of him? Thank god some of you guys aren't the GM for the Pats. 

I asked a question buddy, calm down. Im sure you read some of Rustys material here before. Are we putting him in canton now? He has to remain healthy to even be considered for that no? I mean he could have a career ending injury next year soooo, yea pump your brakes with the canton talk.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

TEs aren't the problem, the fact that we have 0 WRs over 6'0 or that runs a sub-4.40 is the problem. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

I asked a question buddy, calm down. Im sure you read some of Rustys material here before. Are we putting him in canton now? He has to remain healthy to even be considered for that no? I mean he could have a career ending injury next year soooo, yea pump your brakes with the canton talk.

Who do you get to replace him? He's the most dominant TE we've seen since Tony Gonzalez in his prime, of course I'm putting him in Canton now. Like I said earlier, Gronk ain't the problem.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

Your boyfriend, Brady, could have one of those, too.  Your knee jerk line of thinking and way of life is why you're a loser and will remain a loser. It's why you dropped out of high school. You thought it was "cool" to do it and sell drugs.

LOSER

And you wonder why you have been banned so many times...

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts