Trade Gronk???

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Trade Gronk???

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to pcmIV's comment:

In response to RockScully's comment:

Your boyfriend, Brady, could have one of those, too.  Your knee jerk line of thinking and way of life is why you're a loser and will remain a loser. It's why you dropped out of high school. You thought it was "cool" to do it and sell drugs.

LOSER

And you wonder why you have been banned so many times...

So, me returning fire with him, with him lashing out first, means I am the one who is blamed?

I am sorry, dude, but until you go after the instigators and the ones with the mental illness here, your comments towards me hold no weight whatsoever.

Normally, when an adult loses in a debate, it's well know and people move on.

Shizzles thinks 2+2 =5 while the rest of us don't. You're smart enough to know why he started this thread, too.

Enough.

I  lashed out at you???   LoL.  In light of Ignore coming back today, this will be my last response to you. It may get lonely in here for you soon. I hope you use that free time to try and become a better human being and get out more and meet new people, hopefully a "girl"  lol

Happy Trails DB!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I seen the video and it really isn't as bad as it has been made out to be.  With the exception of Rob's dance moves, he needs a dancing coach!  But the wrestling move... harmless, imo.  However, Rob needs to grow up and take things a bit more serious.  He isn't in college anymore and these aren't frat parties he is attending.  He needs to start acting like a pro, especially in public.  He needs to understand his actions reflect the team, the Patriots organization.  He is good, he might get away with a bit more then the average player but the Patriots aren't going to ignore his actions, especially when everything he does gets huge media attention.  He needs to be careful, him and the Patriots can't afford to have a set back with his arm healing and him staying healthy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

Hands down the dumbest thing I've ever read in my life. 

Trade a FHOF TE...for? He's the only reciever we have over 6'2, why would you get rid of him? Thank god some of you guys aren't the GM for the Pats. 

I asked a question buddy, calm down. Im sure you read some of Rustys material here before. Are we putting him in canton now? He has to remain healthy to even be considered for that no? I mean he could have a career ending injury next year soooo, yea pump your brakes with the canton talk.

Who do you get to replace him? He's the most dominant TE we've seen since Tony Gonzalez in his prime, of course I'm putting him in Canton now. Like I said earlier, Gronk ain't the problem.

In not for trading him myself but If I was I would ask, why do we need to replace him with a hall of famer?

I also never said TE was a problem. The defense is though so how else do you get better??  Not enough pics to fill the holes so MAYBE you trade one of your stud TE's to a needy team and replace him with one of the 8 TE/FBs they brought in last year.

Jeeeez!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I like a guy who can put loses behind him and work on getting better just like Brady has and previous players. Thinking and brooding over a loss does nothing for you. Learning is what it is all about.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In answer to the question, absolutely not.  Have a sit-down conversation with him about his partying habits?  Yeah, I think so.  

With respect to the injury issues, he plays with an apparent flagrant disregard for his own well-being.  Spectacular, highlight reel catches and superhuman efforts to gain extra yardage will certainly bring the crowd to their feet but they will also land him on IR.  I think with a little more maturity he'll probably get the partying back to some level of reason and adapt his game to where he doesn't risk significant injury whenever he touches the football.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

we can't package Wes as he is a FA.  and even if we could, if the injury concern is such a factor, don't you think other teams also recognize this and discount it so we do not get anywhere near what his value to us is?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

We lost the AFC title game so lets trade the entire team, fire the whole coaching staff, the cheerleaders and the guys dressed as minutemen.

In fact lets sell the team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to glenr's comment:

We lost the AFC title game so lets trade the entire team, fire the whole coaching staff, the cheerleaders and the guys dressed as minutemen.

I'm on board with all of this except the cheerleaders.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

IN light of your irrelevant posts that say nothing and the fact you are only here as rustys 2nd account and to agree with everything he said. I say to you.... Farewell...  I will enjoy never having to read your nothingness again.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Time may be right. Always beat up by years end due to reckless play. Always partying on injured limbs. We have Hernadez, Fells, Ballard, Hooman.

Package him up with Wes and send him to Arizona for Larry!!! 

You post things like this, and expect everyone to not to take a few shots at you? You do understand that trading our best players doesn't help the team get better right?

Let me guess, you are also on the trade Brady & Welker boat too?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to tanbass's comment:

Time may be right. Always beat up by years end due to reckless play. Always partying on injured limbs. We have Hernadez, Fells, Ballard, Hooman.

Package him up with Wes and send him to Arizona for Larry!!! 

You post things like this, and expect everyone to not to take a few shots at you? You do understand that trading our best players doesn't help the team get better right?

Let me guess, you are also on the trade Brady & Welker boat too?

Thanks for the response. I will clarify again for you. If this was such an outrageous idea it wouldnt take 2 pages for people to blow it off so some thougt about it. I am not for trading Gronk. I started a thread with a question  mark to guage How OTHERS feel about it. You know the usual, its slow in here topic that people can discuss. Feel free to move on and discuss elsewhere. I dont EXPECT anything coming here on a sports forum and at the end of the day im a grown man and sports is secondary to me and my family so im not exactly gonna run home with my tail between my legs but thanks for the concern and thanks for assuming to know what Im thinking. NO I am not for trading Brady and I AM for letting Wes go. Thats too much money on a franchise tag for a slow guy who gets beat up 5 yards from the LOS all year and cant get deep or score TD's like real #1s.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

It always depends what you would get in return.

Gronk is a beast when he plays and universally described by the media and "football minds" as a unique talent.

But if you trade him to a lousy franchise (Cleveland or Oakland) and get two #1 picks in return - picks that would probably be top 10 picks since those frachises are a mess - it might be a great move.

Hernandez is a great TE too - let's not forget. 

Would the Patriots be better with Henandez + Ballard + two top 10 draft picks

or Would they be better with Hernandez, Gronk, and Ballard?

It's not crazy to consider trading Gronk.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

It always depends what you would get in return.

Gronk is a beast when he plays and universally described by the media and "football minds" as a unique talent.

But if you trade him to a lousy franchise (Cleveland or Oakland) and get two #1 picks in return - picks that would probably be top 10 picks since those frachises are a mess - it might be a great move.

Hernandez is a great TE too - let's not forget. 

Would the Patriots be better with Henandez + Ballard + two top 10 draft picks

or Would they be better with Hernandez, Gronk, and Ballard?

It's not crazy to consider trading Gronk.

someone with an open mind. I feel one of them are expendable. Just not sure if you wanna do it now without a real outside threat(im not sold on lloyd as your # 1)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Another day another idiotic arm chair GM making another idiotic suggestion.

And obviously commented on in this instance by an idiot.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I wouldn't give up on Gronk. If healthy and another real sideline and deep WR is gained this offense would be able to maul anybody. If we could keep Wes for a bargain price (which is all he is worth) the beast would only grow larger.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

If you could get two picks or multiple picks for Gronk - I'd argue the team is in better shape.  look at a player like Julio Jones (#6 in the draft)

Wouldn't the Patriots be great with Julio Jones, Welker, LLoyd, Henandez, and Ballard?  Yes - they would be incredible.  the only way you get a Jones-type is with a top pick. 

Gronk should be able to get you a top 5 pick + future pick(s). 

I don't think BB will do it - but it's not crazy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

If you could get two picks or multiple picks for Gronk - I'd argue the team is in better shape.  look at a player like Julio Jones (#6 in the draft)

Wouldn't the Patriots be great with Julio Jones, Welker, LLoyd, Henandez, and Ballard?  Yes - they would be incredible.  the only way you get a Jones-type is with a top pick. 

Gronk should be able to get you a top 5 pick + future pick(s). 

I don't think BB will do it - but it's not crazy.

Yeah and what happens if the guy we pick busts?  For every Julio there are multiple busts.  It is one thing to take that risk if you are dumping an aging player, but Gronk is young.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Modano9009. Show Modano9009's posts

I just came here to see if there was any "Trade Gronk" feelings from fans. When he got hurt, again, I thought about that, then when I saw more partying pictures, I really thought about it.

He seems immature and injury prone. I'd give him one more year - a serious talking to, and one more year to see if he can stay healthy. But he's no use to them if he's hurt when they need him, and there's just something about him partying during the Superbowl that bothers me. But he's only 23, right? Maybe he just needs to mature, but it did rub me the wrong way to see him partying and clowning around with a cast on.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Can we just stop for a second and realize that people are talking about trading a guy that has scored 38 TDs in 43 games and is also one of the best blocking TEs in the NFL and is only 23.  If you would give that up for 2 draft picks I question your sanity.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Package him up with Wes and send him to Arizona for Larry!!!  Doh!  (in my homer voice)

I love Gronk, He is a great kid, but he is still a kid IMO. Doesnt seem to too mad about losing the last SB. Need more HUMBLE players like the Pats of old who work hard, keep their mouths shut and produce. He is  a great player but im thinking too much money invetsed into 2 TIGHT ENDS who BOTH are hurt every year.

Will you just shut up? You don't love Gronk and you donn't love the Pats and probably don't love anything other than typing words of complaint!

25. This post has been removed.