Trade Mallett to Cleveland?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Trade Mallett to Cleveland?

In Response to Re: Trade Mallett to Cleveland?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Mallett to Cleveland? :      A very cynical view, indeed. Hope you're wrong. 
    Posted by TexasPat[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but I'm not sold on either. If Mallet was all that, he would have beat out Hoyer and Hoyer would have got traded or cut.

BB would be better to draft the Brandon Weedon and trade Hoyer and mallet for draft picks

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfpat. Show sfpat's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Mallett to Cleveland? : Sorry, but I'm not sold on either. If Mallet was all that, he would have beat out Hoyer and Hoyer would have got traded or cut. BB would be better to draft the Brandon Weedon and trade Hoyer and mallet for draft picks
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

Obviously spoken by one who never watched Weedon play.  My son and I have watched a lot of OSU football and our ongoing bet the past two years was when Weedon would throw the stupid interception.  He clearly benefited from the ineptitude of Big 12 secondaries.  I'd take Mallet throwing left handed over Weeden.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Mallett to Cleveland? : Obviously spoken by one who never watched Weedon play.  My son and I have watched a lot of OSU football and our ongoing bet the past two years was when Weedon would throw the stupid interception.  He clearly benefited from the ineptitude of Big 12 secondaries.  I'd take Mallet throwing left handed over Weeden.
    Posted by sfpat[/QUOTE]

LOL, saw alot of Big 12 games last year, as well as OSU.

Weeden is not that bad. I'm not against Mallet, but he got redshirted all last year, never suited up for a game. That tells me something.

We'll have the same problem Denver has had after Elway retired in trying to find a QB that can live up to the greatest QB in history-Tom Brady.

When they don't measure up BB will have to find another way to win besides passing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Mallett to Cleveland? : Sorry, but I'm not sold on either. If Mallet was all that, he would have beat out Hoyer and Hoyer would have got traded or cut. BB would be better to draft the Brandon Weedon and trade Hoyer and mallet for draft picks
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

Kansas:

No need to apologize for your opinion. You could be right. Time will tell. But, to equate Mallett being behind in the depth chart to Hoyer during his rookie year, with Mallett being a bust...is both premature, and erroneous.

When Tom Brady first joined the Pats in 2000, he was their 4th string QB. In 2001, the Pats brought in Damon Huard to back-up Drew Bledsoe. But, in training camp in 2001, Brady beat Huard out. Lets see if, like Brady, Mallett can make the jump, in his second year, to unseat Hoyer as the Pats' #2 QB, during the preseason.  

Why would you want the Pats to draft Weeden? He's a 28 year old rookie, with skill sets similar to Mallett. Besides, some team will spend either a second or a third round pick on Weeden. Would you favor the Pats' doing that? The rookie QBs that might be worth taking risks on at the appropriate time are Kirk Cousins, and/or Brock Osweiler. But, they'll both likely to be gone in round 2.

If Mallett beats out Hoyer for the Brady back-up spot, it's probable that Hoyer will be traded or released, due to his salary.  

On a personal note, I hope that your new job is going well. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Mallett to Cleveland? :On a personal note, I hope that your new job is going well. 
    Posted by TexasPat[/QUOTE]

Going great. The saying "We're not in Kansas anymore" rings true.

I like Oklahoma, the scenery is alot like Kansas, but OKC is alot bigger than Wichita and it seems at little more fast pace, alot more conservative, but it has alot more riff-raff.

I' haven't officialy moved yet-I go back home on the weekends. Waiting on the house to be built.