TRADE MANKINS FOR TITANS CHRIS JOHNSON...WHY NOT?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

TRADE MANKINS FOR TITANS CHRIS JOHNSON...WHY NOT?

Yah , I know ...the amount of Mankins for                  trade posts on this sight has gotten out of control but of all the additions that the Pats could add via dealing Mankins , this deal is definately one I could get behind. 

So , her comes my GM hat and here goes nothin' ...

PATS :    Mankins / Maroney /Brace & 
    2011 1st rounder ( own , not Raiders ) &  2011 3rd rounder

TITANS : Chris Johnson &  3 of Titans most super-hot cheeleaders

WHY IT MAKES SENSE FOR PATS :
    a) As much as I love the fact that we seem to always be stacked going into drafts ...the proverbial window is closing on the Brady era and we all saw the amazing bump we got in 2007 when we added a Superstar to the offence . I think adding a ball carrying home -run threat that would force opposing teams to respect the run would be an amazing field opener for our team .

b) Titans have top shelf cheeleaders , scoring 3 would be huge eye-candy coup for the long TV time-outs .

WHY IT MAKES SENSE FOR TITANS :
     a) Draft picks -The Titans have multiple holes to fill 
     b) Maroney - Though it's the last year of his contract -they could use the season to evaluate his worth and then decide whether to retain his services .
     c) Brace - Big question mark , but Fisher might see potential in adding a relatively inexpensive big man with 3 years remaining on his contract (plenty of time for him to be developed )
     d) Mankins - Adding another All-Pro O-Lineman ( Roos ) would turn a good O-Line into a great one .
    e ) The Titans have to realize that with the Colts continuing to dominate and the Texans steadily improving , the chances of riding C Johnson to an AFC South title isn't very likely .
     Throw in the fact that he's beyond disgruntled and will NOT show up to play for his current 1/2 million per year contract ...

They'd have to listen .

I understand that we'd have to break the bank for C Johnson to don the Red / Silver / Blue ( and of course taking into account that Brady is due ,  Kraft would have to really reach deep into his pockets in gaurenteed bonus money for 2010 )

But I say ...

What the hell else does Kraft have to spend his money on...

We shell out 80 bucks a whack for preseason crap games and $7.75 beers ... 

BUY US A SHINY NEW OFFENCE !

( The best defence is a good offence ...see 2007 )

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Re: TRADE MANKINS FOR TITANS CHRIS JOHNSON...WHY NOT?

This poster reeks of reg122

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ONE-TIME. Show ONE-TIME's posts

This thread right here is why people leave and never even bother w/ this site. Seriously , you expect some intelligant discussion when you come on here , but instead you get this BS. Last week I was going back n forth w/ someone and he said that I should come on here more. Well this is why I dont , Im a huge sports nut and love the idea behind this place. But this BS ruins any chance of this place actually becoming a place that smart , passionate sports fans can come and ingage in thought provoking discussion.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Next, we'll trade Fred Taylor and a one of our second rounders for Demarcus Ware. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

I dont know..... maybe we lessen our demand on the 3 hottest cheerleaders  to say 1 hottie  and a replica mascot ( if they can find a Titan ??? none of this sword sh#@1t) and the deal gets done!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

In Response to Re: TRADE MANKINS FOR TITANS CHRIS JOHNSON...WHY NOT?:
    This thread right here is why people leave and never even bother w/ this site. Seriously , you expect some intelligant discussion when you come on here , but instead you get this BS. Last week I was going back n forth w/ someone and he said that I should come on here more. Well this is why I dont , Im a huge sports nut and love the idea behind this place. But this BS ruins any chance of this place actually becoming a place that smart , passionate sports fans can come and ingage in thought provoking discussion.
    Posted by ONE-TIME

during the season this is one of the best discussion boards. people are just bored so they post stupid Sh!t.wait till training camp.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Posted by ONE-TIME

Gee wiz ONE TIME ... U wacky self described sports nut
       I guess I didn't realize that by me posting this BS Post I was stunting your inner Damon Runyon 
    ( Perhaps you can satisfy your need for "thought provoking discussion " via letters to the Sports Illustrated Editor )

Do I really believe a Chris Johnson to the Pats trade is likely ? 

No , of course not.

But in my opinion there are only two current players in the NFL whose teams would not entertain offers for them ... #18 Colts & #12 Pats .
      All others ( including DeMarcus Ware ) can and would be traded if the offer was too good to pass up .

I knew when I threw my 2 cents into the TRADE MANKINS arena there would be opposition ...but I honesty didn't think it would be of the CHRIS JOHNSON IS UNTRADEABLE naysayer variety .

SO I ASK :

If the Pats were so inclined to make a push for arguably the best RB the league has seen in awhile ...

WHAT WOULD IT TAKE ?
    ( And conversely what would be too much )

Mankins / Maroney / Brace /  & TWO 1st rounders ?

( Keep in mind that NFL History clearly shows that disgruntled players can and DO get traded ...no matter who they are )

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Why don't we just trade Torry Holt for Reggie Wayne and Dwight Freeney?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

go fu.ck yourself
    thats like trading Tom Brady for a bag of Cheetos and explaining that Bellichick was hungry and couldnt consume Brady as a snack

mankins is a guard, which albeit his pro bowl level of play, DOES NOT FETCH THAT MUCH IN A TRADE

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Mankins will get his wish and get traded but nothing like this scenario.  Perhaps that's why folks get upset with posts like this.  It doesn't make any sense.  Getting rid of some depth and 2 first rounders is steep and damaging to the future of this franchise. 

Maroney has his faults but he comes cheap.  He can fill in nicely in the future perhaps taking over Faulks roll. 

Brace is unproven yet.  To discard him after one year could be a costly mistake.  Brace admitted he was overwhelmed last year.  He'll be prepared this year.  He knows his butt is on the line.

I think the most obscene part of the post is the two first rounders.  The weaknesses that show up this year can be filled with these picks.  After that everything is gravy.  The Pats running game is average but not a weakness.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

Mankins will get his wish and get traded but nothing like this scenario.  Perhaps that's why folks get upset with posts like this.  It doesn't make any sense.  Getting rid of some depth and 2 first rounders is steep and damaging to the future of this franchise.  Maroney has his faults but he comes cheap.  He can fill in nicely in the future perhaps taking over Faulks roll.  Brace is unproven yet.  To discard him after one year could be a costly mistake.  Brace admitted he was overwhelmed last year.  He'll be prepared this year.  He knows his butt is on the line. I think the most obscene part of the post is the two first rounders.  The weaknesses that show up this year can be filled with these picks.  After that everything is gravy.  The Pats running game is average but not a weakness.
    Posted by garytx

I think Brace has to show he has made strides this upcoming season. I dont like to label players a 'bust' this early but next season we all should have a gist of what to expect outta him. Chung's gonna make his mark this season just wait & see.

And as for the Chris Johnson. Logan Mankins swap, no way. The kid wants to paid more than Egghead Manning. I dont see that happening here.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

And for those who dont care about the topics on this site. You could always not read them/comment. If some post are so beneath you why waste your time typing a response?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

In Response to Re: TRADE MANKINS FOR TITANS CHRIS JOHNSON...WHY NOT? : I think Brace has to show he has made strides this upcoming season. I dont like to label players a 'bust' this early but next season we all should have a gist of what to expect outta him. Chung's gonna make his mark this season just wait & see. And as for the Chris Johnson. Logan Mankins swap, no way. The kid wants to paid more than Egghead Manning. I dont see that happening here.
    Posted by datdude401

Brace does have to prove himself this year.  But I liked what he had to say about his disappointing season.  He know where he stands.  Most everyone can't wait for Chung to hit the starting lineup.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Wow this is just dumb.

Lets trade Mankins for a franchise player who just ran for 2000 yards? Yeah this isnt a video game.

If the Pats are going to trade Mankins two scenarios are going to either happen. Its going to be for a pick, or its going to be for a player Edwards on the Vikings ring a bell maybe to the Broncos for Elvis which makes more sense since the Broncos wanna beef up that line, Josh knows Logan, and Elvis and the Pats would be a perfect fit. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

Wow this is just dumb. Lets trade Mankins for a franchise player who just ran for 2000 yards? Yeah this isnt a video game. If the Pats are going to trade Mankins two scenarios are going to either happen. Its going to be for a pick, or its going to be for a player Edwards on the Vikings ring a bell maybe to the Broncos for Elvis which makes more sense since the Broncos wanna beef up that line, Josh knows Logan, and Elvis and the Pats would be a perfect fit. 
    Posted by Pancakespwn

I'd make that Edwards trade tonight. He can definitely get after the Qb. And he's big(6'5 268lbs) And he's only 25. Isnt that the size BB ideally looks for?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

In Response to Re: TRADE MANKINS FOR TITANS CHRIS JOHNSON...WHY NOT? : I'd make that Edwards trade tonight. He can definitely get after the Qb. And he's big(6'5 268lbs) And he's only 25. Isnt that the size BB ideally looks for?
    Posted by datdude401

Same it would be a bit hard for him to transition right away probably would struggle a bit in coverage and probably would never be an extremely dominant guy but having a guy who can be an 8-10 sack guy is what the Pats need and he fits the bill. He just signed his tender and the Vikings could use another guard. I think Bill doesnt want to do a deal with Childress probably the last person really and if we do trade for Edwards Bill will probably want a deal in place before hand and that goes for any player really because I dont think anyone wants a 1 year stop gap. 

Sections
Shortcuts