Trade Mankins to Carolina for DeAngelo Williams???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevinm32. Show kevinm32's posts

Trade Mankins to Carolina for DeAngelo Williams???

We can do without Mankins and possibly draft one early next year. DeAngelo is a free agent after the season anyway so possibly we can extend his contract. Carolina has Stewart and Goodson who would be a good 1-2 punch, then they get a probowler in Mankins they can put at right guard to solidfy that line if Otah comes back. Not saying Carolina would do this deal but they would get a pretty good addition to that line.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Re: Trade Mankins to Carolina for DeAngelo Williams???

well, we can throw out suggestion after suggestion but the fact of the matter is that the options are limited and any trade will be difficult.

Most importantly, Mankins is a free agent so the Pats can't just trade him.  They would probably have to let his agent find a team that Mankins is willing to go to, and then that team will have to be willing to pay him huge $$, and meet the Pats demand for compensation.  A lot of moving parts.

In reality, how many teams will be willing to give up a high draft pick, or good player, and then give Mankins $60 million??  I really don't see a rebuilding team like Carolina going that route.

I think the only possibility would be a team like Dallas that is expected to compete but has major issues on their line.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

all that siesta and he must make a public apology to Kraft at the base of the lighthouse while on his knees...PPfftt

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I would love that trade, but dont see it going down.  Too many issues with any player trades, much less one with a player not under contract. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcanti71. Show jcanti71's posts

In Response to Re: Trade Mankins to Carolina for DeAngelo Williams???:
    [QUOTE]all that siesta and he must make a public apology to Kraft at the base of the lighthouse while on his knees...PPfftt
    Posted by harleyroadking[/QUOTE
    ]
    I wish we would make a move like this, but I don't see it happening.  I would actually prefer Stewart, but it's likely that Carolina and Fox do too considering he is cost controlled and younger.  I would be willing to offer our 1st next season for Williams assuming we could extend him before the deal.  I think the Pats are one of two things away from seriously competing for the Superbowl:

1.  A work horse running back with home run potential that defenses have to respect (making Tom that much better, and getting Tom hit that much less)

or

2.  A top flight, top 5 nfl pass rush OLB.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevinm32. Show kevinm32's posts

If a trade cant be worked out...and this kid DeAngelo hits free agency..We better make a serious run for him. He would complete our offense and make it completely dangerous. Allowing us to focus on Defense and O-line during the draft. Did I say bye bye Moss..and spend that money in signing Dwill.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]If a trade cant be worked out...and this kid DeAngelo hits free agency..We better make a serious run for him. He would complete our offense and make it completely dangerous. Allowing us to focus on Defense and O-line during the draft. Did I say bye bye Moss..and spend that money in signing Dwill.
    Posted by kevinm32[/QUOTE]

Dude, really, you ought to change your avatar.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

rather trade for defense

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

directed at kevinm32:  "Dude, really, you ought to change your avatar."

Not a Buckwheat fan??

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Mankins to Carolina for DeAngelo Williams??? : [QUOTE]all that siesta and he must make a public apology to Kraft at the base of the lighthouse while on his knees...PPfftt Posted by harleyroadking[/QUOTE ] I wish we would make a move like this, but I don't see it happening.  I would actually prefer Stewart, but it's likely that Carolina and Fox do too considering he is cost controlled and younger.  I would be willing to offer our 1st next season for Williams assuming we could extend him before the deal.  I think the Pats are one of two things away from seriously competing for the Superbowl: 1.  A work horse running back with home run potential that defenses have to respect (making Tom that much better, and getting Tom hit that much less) or 2.  A top flight, top 5 nfl pass rush OLB.
    Posted by jcanti71[/QUOTE]

We just tosssed maroney for a reason guys.  I bet we draft Ingram with that oakland pick in the first round.  I mean getting rid of maroney doesnt make any sense unless you plan to shore that up with someone thats not 33+ years old.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Glad the ball is Mankin's court.... His agent(s) have to do all of the work to find a team to agree to a contract and come up with trade the Patriots would accept.

I think this will take a long time.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MatildaWanna. Show MatildaWanna's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Mankins to Carolina for DeAngelo Williams??? : Dude, really, you ought to change your avatar.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4[/QUOTE]

His avatar is fine, its buckwheat from the little rascals

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

hahahahahaha
    no way that trade goes down
    Dallas would be a better candidate for a RB since they have a super-surplus at RB and no o-line
    i think a Mankins for Tachard Choice and a 2012 3rd rounder would be a fair deal for each team