Trade Matt Light

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: Trade Matt Light

In Response to Re: Trade Matt Light:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Matt Light : Do you honestly believe that he deserved those Pro Bowl invitations? Even in 2007? The fact that both himself, Koppen and even Mankins decided to except those invitations after their no-shows in the Superbowl still mind boggles me to this day. 
    Posted by Rodimus77[/QUOTE]

I have no idea whether he deserved the Pro Bowls.  Like most fans I probably couldn't tell you the names of five tackles in the NFL.  I'm not sure you can really assess them without watching game tape.  I'm merely pointing out that in salary terms it seems that coaches and GM's value left tackles highly.  Whether he is the 2nd best left tackle or the 22nd best tackle in the NFL he holds a lot of value. 
    It appears that in the NFL wide recievers are chevys- only the top of the line cost big bucks and
    Left tackles are Lexus's- even the cheap ones are not cheap.  That is probably why the Pats rarely gamble on early round wide recievers.  Matt light Makes big money and I could see a team like Green Bay who can't keep thier QB on his feet willing to pay his salary.  If the Pats don't see him as a starting left tackle I just don't see them keeping his big contract.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AdrenalineJunkie. Show AdrenalineJunkie's posts

Here is an article on BBs thoughts on moving Matt Light to the right:

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2009/11/the_vollmer_que.html

BB played Light on the right side in 2001, and based on that he thinks he is better on the left than on the right.

"He probably would’ve been a lot better off playing at left tackle," Belichick said. "He came in, we put him at right tackle, and then he ended up hurting his ankle in preseason and we ended up moving him back to left tackle and he started most of his rookie year there. He got in the Super Bowl, and all that, but if I had put him at left tackle in the first place, instead of at right tackle, he probably would’ve had a better rookie year.

"Did we think he could play right tackle? Yeah. But I think he’s a better left tackle than he is a right tackle. I’m not saying he can’t do it, he just better on the other side. "

Not sure what they will do once he comes back, but the right tackle doesn't seem to be where BB would put Light.

Hope this helps Mighty.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Matt Light : In this year's draft the Bills traded left tackle Jason Peters to the Eagles for thier 28th overall pick and a 4th rd pick and a 2010 undisclosed late draft pick.  Not the same thing but I think it shows teams value left tackles. Like I said I'm not a trade expert.  Matt Cassel and Vrabel together got a 2nd rd draft pick.  So when I say he may have more trade value I don't see that as a particularly high standard.  I don't necessarily agree with your assessment of Lights talent but I  think we could agree that his trade value would be based upon whether the money he is getting paid matches what he is worth.  That is what hurt Cassel's trade value, if he were still under his rookie contract he probably could have drawn a 1st rd draft pick.  The main point I was trying to make about Light's value is that even if they were to trade him for a jelly donut the difference in Vollmer and Lights salary cap hit for 2010 is about 4 million.  A 4 million dollar salary cap difference is enough to sign a big free agent.  
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

I'm not going to argue that particular trade but do you think light is worth that? He's not. Peters is 4 years younger than Light and Quite a bit better in my opinion.(The eagles think so too..See his contract) There are exceptions to every rule. I just think you may be over valuing Light a tad. He gets a lot of good press in boston because he has been part of SuperBowl teams but people around the country don't love the Pats players the way we do.
    And you're right..That is my opinion only and I'm not a GM..If you get a team that says this is the guy we need then he is obviously worth more..
    You're also correct in assuming that I'm not a big Matt Light fan. Hey, if we could get a 4th rounder I'm all for it but if it's a 6th I'd rather hold on to him. And I think the latter is more likely.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

The tried it in 2001 his rookie year, he was horrible, then looked much better at LT

[QUOTE]Mighty when did they try him at RT? I dont remember that.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Matt Light : That's funny..And not a bad Idea. If I make something up and post it enough times eventually it will become true and I'll have plenty of people to back me up on it because they all heard it too.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter if the information is entirely made up out of whole cloth. Once you post it in a forum, it becomes a fact. This is particularly true if you refer to it as a "fact" over and over again. The more times you use the word "fact," the more true your bullsh*t becomes.

This is irrefutible internet science.

(I know because I learned it on the internet   . . .     and also because it is a fact)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

[QUOTE]Mighty when did they try him at RT? I dont remember that.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009[/QUOTE]

its in here... 

he is expendable.  vollmer is legit, light apparently cant play RT, and no way will we keep him for depth (cap # too high)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtg5017. Show gtg5017's posts

Don't forget what the Eagles gave up to the Bills this offseason to acquire their stud LT. A 2009 1st round draft pick...obviously matt light is older and coming off and injury, but i feel he could net us at least a 2nd or 3rd round pick. which would be fine with me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

they are all expendable when there contracts are up.and i dont see the pats tagging,and tradeing light after the season.they will either resign him,or let him walk.

Sections
Shortcuts