Trade Moss?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bertie-Wooster. Show Bertie-Wooster's posts

Trade Moss?

I appreciate all that Randy Moss has done for the Pats. But I think they need to overhaul the receiving corps (except for Welker and Edleman) with guys that can get open, catch the ball, and get in synch with Brady.

The Pats need to move in different direction in terms of their passing game. Time to change the offensive philosophy to spread the ball around. They need at least one physical receiver who can get separation. (such as Brandon Marshall or Hines Ward type). Stanback is practice squad guy, Aiken is a special teams guy. They also need productive skill guys like Greg Jennings or Miles Austin (free agent 2010) and a dependable possession receiver such a Steve Breaston (free agent 2010).

Maybe it's time to trade Moss for draft picks and bring in some different receivers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from touchdownpats. Show touchdownpats's posts

Re: Trade Moss

But who wants a guy with no football physicality, and a shell of "The Freak" who was. No heart for contact in a contact sport.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

What are we going to get for him?  A pack of gum?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Trading Moss would be a huge mistake.  All the Pats need to do is bring in another receiver to play alongside Moss and Welker/Eddlemen.  Sam Aiken should be cut immediately.  Moss makes the receiving core.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Since there is no cap next year, Moss won't be too expensive and it would be smarter to get another quality WR and/or TE.  If there was a cap, then I would have said see ya Moss.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Moss is not going to be delt anywhere.  I fully expect a WR to be taken in the draft to take his place in 2011. Edelman will be a part of the mix and hopefully Welker will be at least 85% of what he was.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

pats need another deep threat........who can blame Moss when he is the only target beyond 20 yards downfield?....two deep threats would make the opponent secondary have to choose.......tha't why Manning is so effective......and get rid of Light.......tired of seeing that guy blow plays......he was just as bad in the 18-1 year also.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

Welker will be out most of next year too. An ACL and MCL takes roughly a year to come back from. Im done with Moss, if I have to watch him run half speed threw another pass route im going to go insane. They need 2-3 receivers this off season. I like what Edelman can do but he is another slot guy. They need an outside receiver.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Trade Moss?  So you punish a guy for playing hurt?  Crazy talk.  Moss is great.  He just had another 1000-yard season.  How many of those did Troy have?  One?

Moss looked bad yesterday and for the past several weeks because he is injured.  With Wleker not coming back unitl late next season, it would be foolish to trade Moss.  Besides, do you really trust BB to make a good trade?  After reafding Mazz's assessment, BB made a lot of errors with personell this past off-season.

But Aikne needs to stay on S/Ts only.  He is not a pro receiver, peroid.  You ever go to a play and say to yourself, "Man, that actor is doing a crummy job.  I could do better than that."?  That is how I felt when I watched him this season.

More than anything, O'Brien needs to go.  The Ravens were offering the run, and the RBs were getting enough yards, but he kept calling for pass plays. And the blocking schemes on screens...jeesh!  There was enough O talent to at least make it through the first round and win two or three more games within the season,  but he squandered it, like putting Faulk in witness protection all season. The man is not cut out for OC.  Same goes for Pees.  The D has been weak ever since he took the reigns as DC.  AD was wasted.  No wonder he was disillusioned. 

Oh yeah, AD needs to go, too.  Wasted or not, you don't ever stir the pot two days before a play-off game.  That was inexcusable and probably intentional so as to get a release or traded from the team.  Selfish move, AD. I hope you enjoy Oakland. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Surely, the braintrust has learned that if they do not put a valid set of receivers with Brady, then they are wasting a lot of resources?  Didn't this become clear the year before/after the team acquired Moss, Stallworth, et al?  Of course, it also helps to have a valid/healthy performer (e.g. Dillon) to balance the attack.

Why even have Brady if they are not going to compliment his capacity to throw the ball?  Just pay some slug a fraction and invest in a premium RB.  Perhaps, the Pats should evaluate whether they can and will utilise Brady's talents effectively.  Of course, TB will need to step up, as well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from touchdownpats. Show touchdownpats's posts

What is Moss's injury?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

The Patriots need to keep him because there are no alternatives at WR.  He better be back with fire in eyes next season. His half-arssed performance was plain pitful.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

People just shutup please, we lost now lets move onto next year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmo1679. Show wmo1679's posts

Trading Moss would be a bad move. the problem is moss is their only deep threat. Sam Akien is no number two receiver.
     2007 our receiving core was Moss, Welker, Stallworth, Gaffeny.
    2009 Moss, Welker (hurt at beginning and end of year) Edleman (has promise but still just a rookie), Akien.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peabodyballer. Show Peabodyballer's posts

No way you trade Moss!  He's proven he can play.  Okay so the guy didn't perform in the clutch but cut him some slack.  The guy played hurt.  Go get a WR in the draft and take some pressure off him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Your forgetting about Brandon Tate. Wait till you see what he can do next year. He should have gone in the first round but he was hurt. Moss. Tate and welker/endleman, thats a good core of guys.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

"I appreciate all that Randy Moss has done for the Pats. But I think they need to overhaul the receiving core (except for Welker and Edleman) with guys that can get open, catch the ball, and get in synch with Brady."

Great. Step by step directions on how to rebuild the receiving "core" from a guy who doesn't even know how to spell corps.

I knew the know-it-alls would be out in force today. You should all join forces  to market yourselves as franchise rebuilding consultants to all NFL owners. I'm sure they'd be willing to pay millions for your wise counsel.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

If you look at the NFL player stats, you'll see that Moss is still one of the most productive receivers in the NFL.  He has maybe 3-4 good years left.  If we traded him, we wouldn't get squat. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

He certainly looked like a guy who HAD to be hurt.  But, that game ....AZ/GB did you the talent they had?  Guys I've never heard of.  It's so much deeper than Moss.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from k-maxx. Show k-maxx's posts

You can have 5 of the greatest receivers in the history of football out there and it woun't mean $H!T with this Swiss Cheese OL that constantly (for 3 years now) gets run over, around and through by quality teams.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Yup,I saw this coming, in fact everytime we lose, these morons come out in droves and harp on a rec. who doesnt pass block, doesnt rush the passer and cant be respectable threat coming out of the backfield. Man some of you are dumb! 1270 and 13td's at 32, something at is unheard of. This guy has 3-4 more years left of 11-1200yrds and 12-16 td's. And 81 is the guy your attacking, Im sorry, I hate saying is about a guy who has given so much of himself for the team, but look at WES! Teams are more than happy to give him underneath all day. And yes they give it to him, you think their preparing all week saying keep 83 out of the end zone? We need guys that put up 6, listen using 83 as we did in 07, when we had 2-3 other guys who are decent threats, Im all for that. But using him in such a big role isnt helping our team at all. Bring in someone else who can catch n put up 6, like Marshell , Jackson, or even Breaston. Get someone like that via trade or f/a and the rec problem is solved. Maybe Tony Sceffhller at tight end, someone who performs actually tight end duties, you remember those guys right? Look I love 83, but like I said teams would walk away w/ a kool-aid smile just giving him those quick-outs and short slants all day. You really think a FS will cheat over to 81's side all day if we had Marshell opposite of him? Combined they average 22-2300yrds and 20-21TD's a year. Marshell will give you 90-100 grabs, while hauling in 8-10 Td's a year. By the way Randy is are ONLY deep threat, something pointed out on another thread and something Ive been screaming about for 2 years. Are only one, are you kidding me, please name me a "good team" that has only won scoring threat. Go back in your caves morons!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Your forgetting about Brandon Tate. Wait till you see what he can do next year. He should have gone in the first round but he was hurt. Moss. Tate and welker/endleman, thats a good core of guys.

I agree that Tate will be a huge help.  But I liken this situation to when people thought the Red Sox needed another bat .....when they still had Bay. 

I think with Wes Welker being effectively out until 2011, they'll need bring in many WR's to create the competition required.

When all is said and done Aiken should return and be a 5th WR at best.  They'll need Moss, Tate, ????? and Edelman.  My thoughts would be 2 guys in the mold of Tate.....someone to stretch the field.  Offense looks fixable.....if Neal retires...it might be tougher.  Also find a TE that can catch.  That ball Watson missed and had intercepted went through his hands.  It looked at first like he had his head taken off...but the rplay from behind him indicated he missed it and then got clocked. 

Next year Moss, Tate and Edelman in the slot. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

Re: Trade Moss?

hard to make a call on Moss. Some of the half azzed int's this year drove me crazy. I have to say Moss running under routes as he get older.Is just crazy talk. Have you seen him take a hit. It's like running a tank through a folding lawn chair. I don't see him leaving NE till he hangs'um up. The late catches yesterday meant nothing to the Ravens. We give them too /10 yards at a time /nothing deep. I just don't see the fear factor in Moss late in any season that he's been here. What happen to the 1 handed grabs? His arms have gotten shorter too they almost don't leave his hips sometimes.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

Keep Randy....get a big time RB instead of having 4 backups like we do and get a #3 and #4 receiver.

The biggest problem with our passing game is that we have no running game....not one threat in the backfield.....and until that changes, we're going to struggle on offense in my opinion.

Take Randy out of that equation (or Brady), and we're even worse off.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

They need another deep threat beside Moss. You need some else to take some of the safety help. It should be noted the Moss did have 5 catches yesterday and was one of a few guys that did not create interceptions.

Sections
Shortcuts