TRADE: Pats Send Justin Green for a DT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

TRADE: Pats Send Justin Green for a DT

Green for Cowboys DT Bass.... shows they have some concern for the health and depth at DT heading into Week 1 with Jones and Siliga hurt or they just found Green to be expendable after seeing Butler's emergence Thursday.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 4mA trade! RT @nickeatman: Cowboys add CB Justin Green from Patriots by trading DT Ben Bass http://bit.ly/1szJrv5" rel="nofollow">http://bit.ly/1szJrv5 ;;

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: TRADE: Pats Send Justin Green for a DT

cant wait to see Rusty yell at me for this thread when I posted it a legit 2 seconds after Rocky and at the same exact minute!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

cant wait to see Rusty yell at me for this thread when I posted it a legit 2 seconds after Rocky and at the same exact minute!

[/QUOTE]

LOL Joe! You're in trouble now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Do you really care what that psycho thinks?  Why on earth would a nice guy like you get caught up with that trash?  Better to distance yourself.

Hmm.  they traded Green for an injured player who hasn't even practiced? 

Makes no sense to me.  If they're worried about depth, this isn't the guy. 

[object HTMLDivElement]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Do you really care what that psycho thinks?  Why on earth would a nice guy like you get caught up with that trash?  Better to distance yourself.

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

Pezz, Rusty was giving me crap a couple days ago after I accidently posted a thread already up on the forum, I did the same thing today and it was like the exact second too....

I don't give a crap what he thinks, I'm just saying be ready for him to get all mad claiming this ruins the forum

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

first he will tell us how Bass is another Reggie White and will get 15 sacks this year and how Belichick just "fleeced" the Cowboys

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

first he will tell us how Bass is another Reggie White and will get 15 sacks this year and how Belichick just "fleeced" the Cowboys

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Actually JJ fleeced him.  At least Green's not disabled and able to help a little.

A little is better than none.  And a trade? Dumb Dumb Dumb

At least green can go learn from all pro Sterling Moore

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

Pezz, Rusty was giving me crap a couple days ago after I accidently posted a thread already up on the forum, I did the same thing today and it was like the exact second too....

I don't give a crap what he thinks, I'm just saying be ready for him to get all mad claiming this ruins the forum

[/QUOTE]

A) He's always mad.

B) He knows he was wrong.

C) Like Pezz says: "Who Cares".

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

Actually JJ fleeced him.  At least Green's not disabled and able to help a little.

[/QUOTE]
    Malcom Butler's emergence made Green expendable.

We already have 5-6 CBs who are good no way he was making this team.

We are thin at DT with Jones and Siliga hurt.

Good trade, might as well see what he has

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Well, he is the one ruining the board with his diarrhea dribble.

Pay him no mind.  Just tell him to F  O

You're too nice to him and he figures you're his sucker to do with what he pleases.

You're to smart for that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Malcom Butler's emergence made Green expendable.

We already have 5-6 CBs who are good no way he was making this team.

We are thin at DT with Jones and Siliga hurt.

Good trade, might as well see what he has

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Well, I live in Dallas and unfortunately have to listen and see them all the time.

He has nothing. He's so insignificant that they didn't even mention it on their always extended coverage of the news.  Mentioned Scandrick but no trade.

I really don't get it.  Waste.

They can probably do much better after cut downs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Come on Joe, no one gives a flying F what that poster has to say.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Us?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'm with you on this one Joe. Green wasn't making the team and the DT group seriously needed bodies. Not sure what Bass is but at least he's just that a body. Though the way a vocal few talk about cuts and the 3rd FA period around here you'd think BB would wait for a starter once other teams cut down to 53 men.

Trust me, I'm an engineer!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Well, I live in Dallas and unfortunately have to listen and see them all the time.

He has nothing. He's so insignificant that they didn't even mention it on their always extended coverage of the news.  Mentioned Scandrick but no trade.

[/QUOTE]

So, it's nothing for nothing then. Green was getting cut, this guy will probably get cut. Maybe it helps out Dallas, and maybe they'll return the favor down the road. Either way, I don't see where the waste is?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

Green for Cowboys DT Bass.... shows they have some concern for the health and depth at DT heading into Week 1 with Jones and Siliga hurt or they just found Green to be expendable after seeing Butler's emergence Thursday.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 4mA trade! RT @nickeatman: Cowboys add CB Justin Green from Patriots by trading DT Ben Bass http://bit.ly/1szJrv5" rel="nofollow">http://bit.ly/1szJrv5" rel="nofollow">http://bit.ly/1szJrv5 ;;;

Before posts begin, touting this guy as the missing piece to the Pats' "D", read this scouting report on Bass:   

"Bass stands 6’4″ and weighs in at 285 lbs. Coming out of school in 2012, he seemed to be the prototypical height/weight for what the Cowboys look for in a defensive end. Of course, Texas A&M wasn’t known for their defensive powers though, as Bass amassed only two sacks and 4.5 tackles for losses in his final year as an Aggie.  He may have some untapped potential but I expect him not to be on the roster at the beginning of the year." NOTE: He's also coming off a shoulder injury.

That said, the Pats are woefully weak regarding quality depth on the D-line. Credit BB for at least trying to address that issue.

[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

So, it's nothing for nothing then. Green was getting cut, this guy will probably get cut. Maybe it helps out Dallas, and maybe they'll return the favor down the road. Either way, I don't see where the waste is?

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Well, he's been inactive with a hammy and may or may not ever see the field.

Ya, they were both going to get cut.  Just don't see what the interest is in this guy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Rotoworld

Patriots acquired DT Ben Bass from the Cowboys in exchange for CB Justin Green.

The teams are simply exchanging end-of-roster talents. A 2012 undrafted free agent, Bass spent 2013 on injured reserve with a shoulder ailment, and has yet to practice this summer thanks to a hamstring issue. He's most likely ticketed for the practice squad if he can get healthy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 4mA trade! RT @nickeatman: Cowboys add CB Justin Green from Patriots by trading DT Ben Bass http://bit.ly/1szJrv5" rel="nofollow">http://bit.ly/1szJrv5" rel="nofollow">http://bit.ly/1szJrv5" rel="nofollow">http://bit.ly/1szJrv5 ;" rel="nofollow">http://bit.ly/1szJrv5 ;;;;

Before posts begin, touting this guy as the missing piece to the Pats' "D", read this scouting report on Bass:   

"Bass stands 6’4″ and weighs in at 285 lbs. Coming out of school in 2012, he seemed to be the prototypical height/weight for what the Cowboys look for in a defensive end. Of course, Texas A&M wasn’t known for their defensive powers though, as Bass amassed only two sacks and 4.5 tackles for losses in his final year as an Aggie.  He may have some untapped potential but I expect him not to be on the roster at the beginning of the year." NOTE: He's also coming off a shoulder injury.

That said, the Pats are woefully weak regarding quality depth on the D-line. Credit BB for at least trying to address that issue.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone believes the Pats are getting a quality player for Justin Green. One JAG for another.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

This looks like BB doing a favor for a fellow coach, Bass has zero chance of making this roster.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to m. a. pat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 4mA trade! RT @nickeatman: Cowboys add CB Justin Green from Patriots by trading DT Ben Bass http://bit.ly/1szJrv5" rel="nofollow">http://bit.ly/1szJrv5" rel="nofollow">http://bit.ly/1szJrv5" rel="nofollow">http://bit.ly/1szJrv5" rel="nofollow">http://bit.ly/1szJrv5" rel="nofollow">http://bit.ly/1szJrv5 ;;" rel="nofollow">http://bit.ly/1szJrv5" rel="nofollow">http://bit.ly/1szJrv5 ;;;;;

[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone believes the Pats are getting a quality player for Justin Green. One JAG for another.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

One jag can actually practice right now. 

Why pick up a guy who won't even participate in the pre-season, just to cut him?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE 

One jag can actually practice right now. 

Why pick up a guy who won't even participate in the pre-season, just to cut him?

[/QUOTE

BB works in mysterious ways I guess. I don't see this move helping either team.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Another reason for this trade was that, if the Pats were to release Green, BB wanted to keep him away from the Jets. The Goblins are desperate at CB, regardless of what Rex Ryan says.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

[QUOTE]

Another reason for this trade was that, if the Pats were to release Green, BB wanted to keep him away from the Jets. The Goblins are desperate at CB, regardless of what Rex Ryan says.

[/QUOTE]

Great point.  Hadn't thought of that.  Totally makes sense.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

so the two new guys we apparently traded for today are both unable to practice right now?  And that's supposed to help the DL with "depth" how?

Sections
Shortcuts