TRADE: Pats Send Justin Green for a DT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: TRADE: Pats Send Justin Green for a DT

In response to TheTinMan's comment:

so the two new guys we apparently traded for today are both unable to practice right now?  And that's supposed to help the DL with "depth" how?

[object HTMLDivElement]

My guess would be we got them slightly cheaper because they can't practice right now but there is a higher likely hood they could be ready sooner than Siliga and Jones

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

so the two new guys we apparently traded for today are both unable to practice right now?  And that's supposed to help the DL with "depth" how?

They will be able to play by the time the season starts. What have the Pats to lose? They need to add depth. If these guys pan out...fine. If not, they gave up next to nothing for them. Also...as I speculated about above, the Pats wanted to trade Green, rather than cut him, and have him available for the CB desperate Jets. Malcolm Butler's play made Green expendable. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

They will be able to play by the time the season starts. What have the Pats to lose? They need to add depth. If these guys pan out...fine. If not, they gave up next to nothing for them. Also...as I speculated about above, the Pats wanted to trade Green, rather than cut him, and have him available for the CB desperate Jets. Malcolm Butler's play made Green expendable. 

Hey Texas Jet, you sure sound a lot like the Bean Queen.  Neither of you can post without mentioning the Jets.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

Another reason for this trade was that, if the Pats were to release Green, BB wanted to keep him away from the Jets. The Goblins are desperate at CB, regardless of what Rex Ryan says.

Nailed it, even with troll work.  My god are some here dumb. With siliga out through preseason another body was needed and the pats are loaded at cb.

Why are people so dumb in this world?

Wow! What a coincidence.  That's the question I ask every time you post. Tell me more about how defenses are ranked by how many points they score.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Jets fans...LOL!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

Jets fans...LOL!!!!!

Yes, Texas Jet.  Seems you are one.... "LOL!!!!!!"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Another move where I can't really see a downside. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Another move where I can't really see a downside. 

+1. Maybe he gets cut, but moves like this add depth, competition and push others at the position who are trying to make the team

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I understand he was a long shot, but I liked Justin Green.

Dallas had a porous D last year, and this year looks even worse for them, yet this guy was expendable. not much more needs to be said here

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

with Scandrick out, I could see Green making that Cowboy roster

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I bet he will, and good for him.  I like Green.  He deserves it.  Good for BB, too.  It was great that he sent Green to a place where he has a chance to make the team.  That wasn't going to happen here with the emergence of Butler and/or Swanson.  Also, I agree that the jets would have jumped at the opportunity to add Green.  Now they probably won't get that chance.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

I bet he will, and good for him.  I like Green.  He deserves it.  Good for BB, too.  It was great that he sent Green to a place where he has a chance to make the team.  That wasn't going to happen here with the emergence of Butler and/or Swanson.  Also, I agree that the jets would have jumped at the opportunity to add Green.  Now they probably won't get that chance.

agreed. doesnt seem like a BB move to trade a guy to a team where that guy most likely will make the team, but the return player BB rcvd really has no chance. I would have preferred a draft choice, but in this case BB seemingly did right by Green. agreed, the Jets would have liked Green.

nice omen for Butler to make his mark on ST.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

agreed. doesnt seem like a BB move to trade a guy to a team where that guy most likely will make the team, but the return player BB rcvd really has no chance. I would have preferred a draft choice, but in this case BB seemingly did right by Green. agreed, the Jets would have liked Green.

nice omen for Butler to make his mark on ST.

Yep.  It was a favor to Green and a sign of the respect that BB has for him.  I'm ok with that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Five JAGs equal one keeper, if you're reasonably lucky.  Apparently BB needs a keeper on the defensive line.

Is Sealver Siliga a big question mark with his latest injury?

Is Not-As-Big Vince an automatic question mark despite his tough guy attitude on the field?  Pundits gave him a near-zero chance of coming back.

Is Kelly a question mark?  Sure he can push, but can he run at top speed with his injury?

Who is Chris Jones and why is he in camp?  How is he at making Bud Light commercials?

17. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts