trade proposal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: trade proposal

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

I don't see RB as a need in Foxboro, so this deal makes zero sense to me.

^This

Yea.. pretty much.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

In response to NYC's comment:

Karp

I don't get this deal. Aren't we already good with RidleyVereen/Bolden? And, Vereen can catch the ball, when he returns. Ok, Blount is not much of KR and neither is Leon Washington, so far. 

What do you see Jones Drew adding?

Apologies, this was posted by ESPN

Plagarizer! We should start calling you RBorges!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

Do you really need to disparage Welker in every single post? F'n unreal.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Get another corner. With Talib out this secondary is back to being dreadful.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

I don't see RB as a need in Foxboro, so this deal makes zero sense to me.

Ditto I would trade for Dlineman, CB or Olineman way before a running back!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

The only running back this team is missing is Danny Woodhead

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

As the NFL's trading deadline -- Tuesday, Oct. 29 at 4 p.m. ET -- approaches, we explore five explosive, albeit unlikely, possible deals.

Jaguars trade running back Maurice Jones-Drew to Patriots for their 2014 sixth-round draft choice

This one actually makes too much sense.

Patriots head coach Bill Belichick loves old running backs. As a Giants assistant, he watched as lumbering Ottis Anderson help carry New York to a victory in Super Bowl XXV to cap the 1990 season. Anderson, just shy of his 34th birthday, was the game's Most Valuable Player. The Patriots, instructively, have had a rich recent history of veteran running backs: Antowain Smith helped them win their first two Super Bowls, and he was followed by Corey Dillon, the lead runner in their third title. In 2009, the Patriots signed longtime Jaguars tailback Fred Taylor at 33.

Jones-Drew, another Jaguars running back, might be a tad too young for Belichick's taste at 28, but he has a proven pedigree. In seven-plus seasons, he's produced more than 10,000 yards from scrimmage and 76 touchdowns. He's also in the final year of a contract that pays him $4.95 million.

A fortified ground game with Jones-Drew would improve the Patriots' chances to be a formidable playoff threat in the AFC. New England's running backs -- Vereen, Stevan Ridley, LeGarrette Blount and Brandon Bolden -- have been both injured and ordinary. Jones-Drew is the kind of player, like Wes Welker and Rob Gronkowski on offense and now Aqib Talib on defense, that Belichick can build a scheme around as he tries to get Tom Brady a fourth Super Bowl ring.

David Caldwell, the Jaguars' general manager, has said Jones-Drew isn't going anywhere, but he did deal a former first-round pick, offensive tackle Eugene Monroe, to the Ravens earlier this month.

"When you make a commitment to build it through the draft, to have as many picks as possible is the key," Caldwell said at the time.

By trading Jones-Drew, the Jags would get something before he likely leaves as a free agent -- and receive a replacement running back and a free pick. Don't forget that Brady was a sixth-round pick. Jones-Drew's departure would help continue Jacksonville's flat-line performance and probably ensure the No. 1 overall pick in the draft, which would look good on Louisville quarterback Teddy Bridgewater.

A sixth-round pick might not seem like much in return for a name player such as Jones-Drew, but running backs are perceived as far less valuable than in years past in league circles. Very few feature backs are getting a third contract these days. Plus, Jones-Drew would be a rental with eight years of NFL mileage and a holdout on his résumé. How much tread is left on his tires?

I suggested this deal in 2011 where we dealt Welker and Woodhead, to get Brady under Center more and for us to win a SB. Just think...If it had occurred, we win SB 46.

At this rate, this proposal however makes no sense.  We also cannot carry his bloated salary cap. What is your source of this article, RKrap?

We should be looking at DT/NTs and maybe a WR if it makes sense.  

Maybe Carolina will let Ted Ginn go and we can improve our KR position moving forward? He's cheap and a FA next year.

We need to look at moves that don't add salary to the books next year. Our team has been essentially built through 2014 at this point (for the most part), like it or not.

If the Giants lose next week, someone like this might be available:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3176/mike-patterson

Nice idea but for a 6th round pick? Even given his contract, jags record, this seems a bit light. I would love to see him in a pats uni, but it will take more. Plus, what do we do with him next year? It's not like we are in great cap position. We got some dead money and the priority needs to be Talib, not another rb.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:

The only running back this team is missing is Danny Woodhead

I missed you. You, TCal and Babe know how to overreact and speak in hyperbole like no other.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Give me Hakeem Nicks and Linval Joseph for Boyce, a 3rd and a 6th. Give me Paul Poz and a 7th for Jake Bequette and a 4th(and some $ from the Jags)

Then sign Jay Ratliff (if he passes a physical)

Get Amendola and Talib back for the Pitt game and Armstead a few reps in that one as well

and finally Vareen and Kelly (no season-ender there I hope) back after the BYE

without another major injury the Pats should would be pretty incredible if what I requested above happened

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I don't want another WR. That will only set back this group. A healthy Amendola is much better than what Nicks will bring to the table for 8 games. 

Ratliff is interesting. I understand he is close to being able to pass a physical, but he won't come cheap.

Poz is having a pro bowl year and making big $$$$. He is going to be part of the solution in Jack, not coming here

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Umm, Jax has no O Line, no QB, no WRs and it was amazing how many yards he put up every year in those conditions.

Nothing "ordinary" about a 2011 and 2012 MJD.

I'll take Shorts and Blackmon over the Parade of Losers the Pats have at wideout.

You don't know too much about football, huh?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I suggested this deal in 2011 where we dealt Welker and Woodhead, to get Brady under Center more and for us to win a SB.

Instead, they went to the Superbowl anyway.  Brady's been under center a lot this year, right?  How is the Parade of Losers at wideout looking?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The Jaguar I want the most is Paul Poz, perfect LB'er to gelp with the Mayo loss.

I have gathered from our cap experts that he cannot be fit in based on his high salary? Is there a situation where the team is granted a window to restructure like when Moss was traded here?

He is owed like 21.5m for 3 years after this. and half his '13 salary of course.

I'd trade a 5th for him. A 6th for London Fletcher.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

The Jaguar I want the most is Paul Poz, perfect LB'er to gelp with the Mayo loss.

I have gathered from our cap experts that he cannot be fit in based on his high salary? Is there a situation where the team is granted a window to restructure like when Moss was traded here?

He is owed like 21.5m for 3 years after this. and half his '13 salary of course.

Theoretically they could do a restructure on the fly, sign and trade, something along those lines, but realistically there are way too many moving parts and the deadline is in four days. The Jags would get stuck with a bunch of dead money no matter what. Move on.

Fletcher, yes. His deal isn't complicated. But if Skins win this week, they're contenders in that division.

I still doubt there's any significant dealing at all by the Pats. But a DT would make the most sense to me. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I don't think the 'Skins are winning this weekend

But thanks for the response, makes a lot of sense

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicosUncle. Show RicosUncle's posts

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:

I suggested this deal in 2011 where we dealt Welker and Woodhead, to get Brady under Center more and for us to win a SB. Just think...If it had occurred, we win SB 46.

Yep, that's a certainty. Rusty's crystal ball told him. What a joke.

BUSTCHISE EXPECTORATES...as usual...jets troll

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicosUncle. Show RicosUncle's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:

A the real troll Crusty at it again.  To bad he NEVER has facts to support his ops and accusations. Notice how he just calls names and then runs away all the time?

BUSTCHISE SPEAKS...jets troll

The proof is in your reaction...FACED BY THE LIKES OF BABE...TEARS!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I'll take Shorts and Blackmon over the Parade of Losers the Pats have at wideout.

You don't know too much about football, huh?

exactly ive heard people on hear say we have better WRs than Jax... or at least insinuate it.
    I would give up our corps and then some for the talent of JBlack & Shorts....

• You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

running the ball is more about attitude and play calling than geting better backs.   Ridley is quick enough to do damage if the holes are there.

Playcalling sets up the run when it is done right and oh yeah...  you need good blocking...

• You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

I've seen many of your posts and I believe you called me a "moron" recently, so I cannot resist:

YOU are the moron for not checking what the players' salaries are. Are you this stupid?

There is a cap. A cap. Learn basic economics. This isn't a video game, kiddie. This is a real situation with contracts and a cap.  The cap will not go up (supposedly) until AFTER the 2014 season.

This means you need a player who as an expiring deal in 2013 or a very low salary in 2014/a player who would agree to a massive cut in 2014 which the union would need to approve.

So, this limits the players who can come here.  

Instead of roaming this board calling people morons, especially people who are WAY more intelligent than yourself, try learning something.

Hahahahahahahaha

You are CLEARLY a moron

This 'kid' is 31 and has a life and all the perks that come with it.

You are despised here, banned, laughed at, an endless joke of a poster... and yet in your sad empty world you post hundreds of times a day like a abject loser.

I mentioned the name of a LBer I liked, a good fit, one who is on a team who can part with him. I have enough to do each day without CAP and salary research. All I have to do is say 'can we afford him?' and the 'keyboard GM's' here will do the work for me.

What a joke you are

• Sections
    Shortcuts