Trade Randy Moss

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Trade Randy Moss

This is just my reasons for why you do it:

1.  You only keep Randy Moss if you think you're winning the super bowl...i know football is an unpredictable game but right now i find it hard to believe we're ready to beat teams like the Vikings, Saints, Packers, Cowboys, Chargers.

2.  You don't need Randy Moss to win.  I wasn't all that impressed with our offense this season... Our best offensive games came against a titans team who gave up, the bucs, and the colts who were missing 3/4's of their starting dbs at the time.

3. Assuming we draft a rb, our offense will be more balanced...I know moss hasnt complainde this season but i do feel brady does sometimes force the ball to moss just to keep him happy.

4. We've done better with worse.  In 2006 our number 1 WR was reche caldwell and we were 1 manning drive from winning the super bowl (no doubt in my mind we woulda beaten the bears)

5. If we're gonna go far this season, it's going to be because of the defense.  The old patriots formula was always clutch defense, a good running game, and some brady magic.  I believe Brady can be productive enough without Moss.

6. We are rebuilding...Everyone knows it yet we still expect the pats to make moves to make them a championship contender next season.  It speaks volumes to the amount of success that the Pats have had over the past decade and how high they have raised the bar.  I still believe that the defense is at least another year away from being what we hope it to be and if we draft a wr, it usually takes more than 1 season for to develop.  I'm willing to go 8-8, 9-7 next season if it means better things for the future.

Of course this is all contingent to us receiving value for Moss (at least a 2nd and maybe some kind of conditional pick...5th?)  Remember, the skins traded a 2nd round pick for an old jason taylor...the cowboys traded a ton of picks for an overrated williams...If a team believes that they are 1 wr from being super bowl contenders, im sure they would overpay to get Moss.

I think that team could be dallas.

I also don't believe the pats would trade moss so this is all just hypothetical

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevindavis. Show kevindavis's posts

Re: Trade Randy Moss

Im disappointed that a Team Captain would make those remarks.  You have a valid point.  How about Moss for Brandon Marshall, Maroney and Wilhite for Floyd and Cromartie, and a second round for Boldin? Then draft a stud DE and a OLB. 
    Sweeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In Response to Re: Trade Randy Moss:
    Im disappointed that a Team Captain would make those remarks.  You have a valid point.  How about Moss for Brandon Marshall, Maroney and Wilhite for Floyd and Cromartie, and a second round for Boldin? Then draft a stud DE and a OLB.  Sweeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by kevindavis

i don't see any of those trades happening except maybe the boldin.

Marshall is a young stud and itll take more than just Moss who only has 1 yr left neways.
    I doubt the chargers would want maroney...I see them looking to deangelo williams or maybe a felix jones
    And i dunno why everyone likes boldin...he gets hurt every season

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Maroney and Wilhite for Floyd and Cromartie?  Lets also trade Chris Hanson for Larry Fitzgerald, and Benjarvus Green-Ellis for Adrian Peterson.

As for trading Moss, its just not a good idea.  What exactly constitutes "value" for 1,264 receiving yards and 13 touchdowns?  Certainly not a second round pick, and likely not even a first rounder.  And with one year on his contract, they probably won't even get close to that.  Despite the comments, he's not a distraction to the team.  In fact, he said he wants to leave New England with a Super Bowl ring, so he'll be focused.  

Getting rid of Moss when he's still in your control is like a suicide for a franchise.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

You don't trade off the Randy Moss's of the world as they only make so many of these type receivers,what you do is find the complimentary receiver to put opposite him so that he can exploit the Defense. BB needs to draft a Receiver to augment Randy and force the Defense to pay more attention to the other guy. In fact the Patriots could use a pass catching TE to go with the new WR too play the #2 Receiver spot. I wonder if the Panthers would take a 2nd round draft choice for Steve Smith? He would force the defenses to adjust or be burned.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I have to disagree with you on all your points, 

1.) You can keep Randy Moss when you're not winning a SB-- 2008 season-- because he has shown that he is willing to perform even if the odds of winning the big dance are slim-to-none. 

2.) As bad as our offense was last year, it would've been 10 times worst without Moss. Randy Moss doesn't call plays, whatever play Brady-- not incharge either-- calls in the huddle, Moss-man has to follow.

3.) It doesn't seem as if Brady forces the ball to Moss to me. It seems like he forces it to Welker more than any other receiver. That bugs me because as good as Welker is, he is only going to get you short-to-mid yardage (anywhere from 5-10 yards a catch). We need to stretch the field. Perfect example, The Colts offense only has 1 receiver playing underneath-- Collie, Wayne, Clark are receivers that will get you 15-20 yards a catch, and Garcon gets the deep ball. 

4.) We've done better with worst, yes, but we also had a pretty good defense and RBs-- what happen to Maroney since then is a mystery-- in 2006. If you go back to that season, you'll notice that Tom had his worst postseason performance that year. Now we have an anemic running game and a defense that plays like a bunch of fools at times. We can't get worst on offense and think we can do what we did in 2006. 

5.) Since 2007, the Pats' way has been with an aerial attack. Brady in 07, Cassell in 08, Brady in 09. I still don't think this defense can stop anyone unless they address the pressing need of a pass-rusher, a RE, & a CB. Teams like NO, Indy, MIA, Denver had years to make a pass to their great receivers against us. And as good a job as TBC did we were still second to last in sacks. We need a RE because Baltimore ran the ball down the Pats throat in the post-season game towards the right at will. If Seymour was there they wouldn't have dared, but he wasn't, so they weren't trepidatious about trying to. CB, if i need to say it, Wilhite suks on the outside. The Pats need to lock up Bodden and, if they don't believe Butler is ready, bring in a CB to replace Shawn Springs. Springs is done.

You don't get rid of Moss without a viable replacement. It's hard to replace a HOF WR.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

The problem last year was less Randy Moss and more the lack of a really good third WR who could take advantage of the double teams of Welker and Moss and open it up for everyone. Galloway was clearly a huge gaffe. Get a good third WR and you'll be singing a different tune next year. 

Also: making decisions as if you know exactly when you're going to win the Super Bowl is nutty. Do you think New Orleans thought this was their year heading into camp? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Need a deep threat to lengthen field. So, if Patriots picked up someone like Brandon Marshall (in addition to another WR to replace Welker while he's out) then I think the Patriots need to keep Moss.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

In Response to Trade Randy Moss:
    This is just my reasons for why you do it: 1.  You only keep Randy Moss if you think you're winning the super bowl...i know football is an unpredictable game but right now i find it hard to believe we're ready to beat teams like the Vikings, Saints, Packers, Cowboys, Chargers. 2.  You don't need Randy Moss to win.  I wasn't all that impressed with our offense this season... Our best offensive games came against a titans team who gave up, the bucs, and the colts who were missing 3/4's of their starting dbs at the time. 3. Assuming we draft a rb, our offense will be more balanced...I know moss hasnt complainde this season but i do feel brady does sometimes force the ball to moss just to keep him happy. 4. We've done better with worse.  In 2006 our number 1 WR was reche caldwell and we were 1 manning drive from winning the super bowl (no doubt in my mind we woulda beaten the bears) 5. If we're gonna go far this season, it's going to be because of the defense.  The old patriots formula was always clutch defense, a good running game, and some brady magic.  I believe Brady can be productive enough without Moss. 6. We are rebuilding...Everyone knows it yet we still expect the pats to make moves to make them a championship contender next season.  It speaks volumes to the amount of success that the Pats have had over the past decade and how high they have raised the bar.  I still believe that the defense is at least another year away from being what we hope it to be and if we draft a wr, it usually takes more than 1 season for to develop.  I'm willing to go 8-8, 9-7 next season if it means better things for the future. Of course this is all contingent to us receiving value for Moss (at least a 2nd and maybe some kind of conditional pick...5th?)  Remember, the skins traded a 2nd round pick for an old jason taylor...the cowboys traded a ton of picks for an overrated williams...If a team believes that they are 1 wr from being super bowl contenders, im sure they would overpay to get Moss. I think that team could be dallas. I also don't believe the pats would trade moss so this is all just hypothetical
    Posted by dapats1281

Yes we need randy moss.. Take away Randy Moss, and you have #1 corners on edelman and safety in the box... How exactly do you plan on running when our offensive line has a problem running without the safety in the box.
    Yes we have won with reche caldwell, but we had a better offensive line.. An OL that could actually protect and also a better defense. So its not as simple as, yes we won without a great WR so y cant we do it now..?
    And you want to get another RB to become balanced, well that wont happen. Not until this offensive line gets upgraded.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

DISAGREE !! 

Moss is in his last yr of his contract.  Let him play it out!....He'll have a banner year as long as the Pats bring in someone opposite Moss.  (Like Boldin or Marshall - since Welker is heeling up).  Then after this yr - moss will most likely move on, then you will have either boldin or Marshall to step right in as your #1 WR here. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I think it might be time for me to take a break.

I just read the word trepidacious on an internet message board.

And it was almost spelled correctly.

Who's been channeling Howard Cosell?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

With an actual NFL running back who will gain 1,500 yards and give us some unpredictability on offense and a defense that will consistently give us good field position, Randy Moss is still the best receiver in pro football.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigpull. Show bigpull's posts

It's funny how most of Patriots nation is turning against Moss over some comments... It's a business, he voiced opinion, he wants to be here... This guy has put together multiple 1000 plus yard seasons and double digit touchdowns since hes been here... When's the last time Pats had that type of production from a WR... He's been a team player, know everybody is throwing him under the bus, talk about fickle fans geez!!!!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

I agree with all who think this is the wrong thing to do.  Randy Moss is great enjoy the show while it lasts.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from msniii. Show msniii's posts

i hate that there are those fans out there that are ready to get rid of moss.  as pats fans we should all know that he was speaking the truth, we all know how the organization is ran. moss didn't talk bad about the organization, he didn't say he didn't want to come back, heck who knows, he may be signed to another deal as the year moves on. but all that i can say to you fans is that he is all that we have, unfortunatly welker probably won't be much of a contribitor till the end of next season. and edleman is no where near the WR that welker is so lets get off his knob too. we have a better shot of getting peppers, signing brady and moss and wilfolk all to long deals, than the chance of edleman coming to even half the production of welker. so stop hating moss, he is all that we have, and be happy that we have him for atleast one last season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrogLegs. Show FrogLegs's posts

Like bmadmax81 mentioned it in the thread "ESPN Insider: Moss Trade Likely?", I also don't understand the fan the animosity towards Moss.

07: Best NFL receiver (23 TDs, 1493 yards)
    08: Ranked 3rd in TDs (11) and 20th in yardage (1008) getting balls from who the hell is Matt Cassel???
    09: Ranked 1rst in TDs (13) and 6th in yardage (1264)

What more can he do? Should he rush the opposing QB, should he catch inteceptions? Just because he gave up some plays, fans want to crucify him...
    To me the guy deserves some more fan love.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Never liked Never liked our Offense once we got him.  Ok, first half of 2007.  Second half however, was the *real* Randy, and since then same thing.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

"You don't need Randy Moss to win.  I wasn't all that impressed with our offense this season... Our best offensive games came against a titans team who gave up, the bucs, and the colts who were missing 3/4's of their starting dbs at the time."

Have you been watching the same Moss who had around 3800 yards and 46 TD in the last three years? That's 15 TD /season. Just because he spoke the truth about his contract you want to crucify him? Jeez! He aint AD. He kept saying that Pats were a classy organization. And there is 100% truth to the statement that they dont pay as well as other teams. Our largest FA contract was to AD, 5 yr/30 mil. It may not even be in top 10 contracts of this decade. Give Randy some credit, he has been the most productive WR the past 3 seasons and commands double teams most of the time, which leaves Welker to create havoc underneath.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I wouldn't hurt to explore it. I mean what does he think he should get after this season. I could see if he racks up numbers like 2007. It's pretty obvisuos all the pats oppoenents are double teaming him. why pay a aguy over 5 million a year to be a decoy on run slants 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

It's funny how most of Patriots nation is turning against Moss over some comments... It's a business, he voiced opinion, he wants to be here... This guy has put together multiple 1000 plus yard seasons and double digit touchdowns since hes been here... When's the last time Pats had that type of production from a WR... He's been a team player, know everybody is throwing him under the bus, talk about fickle fans geez!!!!!!!!
    Posted by bigpull

This site doesn't represent the bulk of Pats fans and never will. Half the posters here are clueless bandwagon fans

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Posted by bigpull

Tell him to $TFU.....We don't want to hear about his opinions on what he thinks the Pats will do....WHO cares?  All I hear is crying....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccusson1122. Show ccusson1122's posts

Dumb !!!!!! Why the hell should we trade moss for a 2nd thats the dumbest thing I have heard he has led the league in WR touchdowns the last 3 seasons. Breaking records in 07 and still was tied for league lead with fitz and davis this season. 

He is proven why would we do that.... Extend his contract itstime for BB and RK to stop being so cheap and start buliding respect in fans and players and future players.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Dumb !!!!!! Why the hell should we trade moss for a 2nd thats the dumbest thing I have heard he has led the league in WR touchdowns the last 3 seasons. Breaking records in 07 and still was tied for league lead with fitz and davis this season.  He is proven why would we do that.... Extend his contract itstime for BB and RK to stop being so cheap and start buliding respect in fans and players and future players.
    Posted by ccusson1122

Wow, talk about DUMB.....You must have aced your accounting class.....NOT!

Moss is a Hypocrite....Did he not already get paid by us TWICE?!?!  Now that he is getting older, he is going to want another top notch contract.....F-that!  Trade him back to Oakland for whatever we can get.....see if he remembers what it is like to play for top dollars on a losing team......

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Never liked Never liked our Offense once we got him.  Ok, first half of 2007.  Second half however, was the *real* Randy, and since then same thing.  
    Posted by Davedsone

First 8 games of '07: 47 receptions, 779 yds, 11 TDs
    Last 8 games of '07: 51 receptions, 714 yds, 12 TDs

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

In Response to Re: Trade Randy Moss : First 8 games of '07: 47 receptions, 779 yds, 11 TDs Last 8 games of '07: 51 receptions, 714 yds, 12 TDs
    Posted by Muzwell

Nice pull Muz.

Sections
Shortcuts