Trade Randy Moss

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Re: Trade Randy Moss

davedsone...I guess 12 td receptions in the second half of a season doesn't cut it for you.  Or leading the league in td receptions in 2009.  Or being 3rd with a nobody quarterback in 2008.  Lay off the bottle, seriously.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Trade Randy Moss:
    Good idea! Let's get rid of the only proven receiver that will be able to play at the beginning of the season! If the Pats did this, Brady would be getting sacked far more often because defenses would not have anyone to double cover. I don't think and three headed monster composed of Julian Edelman, Sam Aiken, and Isiah Stanback is going to stirke fear into any defense.
    Posted by FishTaco64

Uh, the season doesn't start tomorrow.....and free agency hasn't even started yet....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Trade Randy Moss : Wait, Joey Gallaway? is that what I waited all offseason for last year?
    Posted by pochen23

That is up to you.....he was a multi-year 1000 yard WR.....was there any reason to think that he would not be able to work with Brady?  I don't recall you complaining when the Pats got him....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

I like moss as much as the next guy...i got his jersey and me saying this has nothing to do with his comments

it has to do with the fact that we are a rebuilding team and we'll have to take a few more steps back before moving forward again.

moss has been the arguably been the best offensive weapon the pats have ever had even though hes only been here for 3 seasons.

Moss, most likely, will only be here one more year.  if we dont win the super bowl then he'll likely sign elsewhere after.

I believe in Moss as still a productive WR.  However i don't think he's enough to help us win a super bowl.  Trading him will obviously make us even worse in 2010 but could also help us for 2011 and beyond.

Moss still has trade value. Phins got a 2nd and a 6th i believe for jason taylor...Moss is more of a game changer than taylor and im sure a sign and trade could be worked out.

And to whoever said brady would get beat up more by trading moss is an idiot.  BB's philosophy is using our best weapons most...trading moss would most likely shift his philosophy back to running the ball and more short passes.  They just need to draft more olineman and a new rb

and to those who question my fanhood because i think we should change moss are idiots and are still basking in the glory from the early 2000's.  i hold my loyalty to players and love guys like brady, faulk, bruschi, willie, brown, tippett, etc...but players come and go.  As much as i love these players sometimes you gotta let them go for the better of the franchise...

brady has around maybe 5 years left in the league.  Moss will help increase our chances of winning a superbowl in 1 of those seasons, and right now it is unlikely that will happen.  i just want us to rebuild a team quicker so that we can take advantage of having one of the greatest qbs of all time before he retires...

Again, just one man's opinion.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigpull. Show bigpull's posts

Pats might as well get rid of Brady (he has good trade value, he's 30 +) since everybody keep talking about rebuilding... Makes no sense he's Pats's only QB, just like moss is Pat's only WR... Now what, will Moss be booed at home? If he couldnt play I would be on board for trading him, but thats not the case... He's still a top 5 WR at 34... 2007 season was a record setting season for Brady and Moss, which will not be duplicated.... Let that go, that's not a standard , you cant expect those #'s every season...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Getting rid of Moss will not make the Patriots better.  Any team that gets Moss will be better.  Simple

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ruggie23. Show ruggie23's posts

"You don't need Randy Moss to win.  I wasn't all that impressed with our offense this season... Our best offensive games came against a titans team who gave up, the bucs, and the colts who were missing 3/4's of their starting dbs at the time." Have you been watching the same Moss who had around 3800 yards and 46 TD in the last three years? That's 15 TD /season. Just because he spoke the truth about his contract you want to crucify him? Jeez! He aint AD. He kept saying that Pats were a classy organization. And there is 100% truth to the statement that they dont pay as well as other teams. Our largest FA contract was to AD, 5 yr/30 mil. It may not even be in top 10 contracts of this decade. Give Randy some credit, he has been the most productive WR the past 3 seasons and commands double teams most of the time, which leaves Welker to create havoc underneath.
    Posted by bmadmax81

Problem is that Randy is one that got paid here.  He, personally has no reason to call them cheap.  They paid him higher than the franchise number for the length of the contract....he got paid....and i don't agree that the Pats are cheap.....they have made mistakes with certain players and let them go because they didn't want to pay them but the are always within a few million of the cap every year.....I just don't think that they have spent wisely as of late and personally paying moss was one of those mistakes......the 9mil a year they have spent on him could have been used to build a better team.....he put up huge numbers over the three years he's been here but they have won nothing with him and he has never won anywhere......bringing him in was the first move that changed look and feel of this team......they need to get back to basics and bring in "football players" not "track stars".......that is what made them champions!!!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

This Patriots don't spend crap has to end.

They spend about the same CAP as everyone else. Like most teams they may be a little over or under depending on what time of the year it is.

What part about this are the Patriot accusers not getting?

For Moss to get his contract..someone else did not get theirs..tough business.

For Moss to say his contract was " a blessing in disguise" is a left handed compliment and a slap at the team.

What the FXXX is talking about???

Clear proof that his "veteran" presence is nonexistent.

I'll make a business decision and trade him. His time has passed here.

Moss "fit" the 07 team. He does did not fit the 09 team. Will he fit the 10 team? I wonder.

Seeing as how we need help everywhere except QB perhaps Moss's money could/should be better spent on building a "team" rather than spending it on a brainless punk.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

This Patriots don't spend crap has to end. They spend about the same CAP as everyone else. Like most teams they may be a little over or under depending on what time of the year it is. What part about this are the Patriot accusers not getting? For Moss to get his contract..someone else did not get theirs..tough business. For Moss to say his contract was " a blessing in disguise" is a left handed compliment and a slap at the team. What the FXXX is talking about??? Clear proof that his "veteran" presence is nonexistent. I'll make a business decision and trade him. His time has passed here. Moss "fit" the 07 team. He does did not fit the 09 team. Will he fit the 10 team? I wonder. Seeing as how we need help everywhere except QB perhaps Moss's money could/should be better spent on building a "team" rather than spending it on a brainless punk.
    Posted by 183CLV

BINGO!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

What planet are you people from?

I'd be checking with T/B before blowing anymore smoke on my screen
    here.  And if you don't think he has input on a decision of this magnitude
    then you you're just reading too much of D.S tripe....:-) 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

What planet are you people from? I'd be checking with T/B before blowing anymore smoke on my screen here.  And if you don't think he has input on a decision of this magnitude then you you're just reading too much of D.S tripe....:-) 
    Posted by threejak

Yeah, like he had any say with Branch......Ok.....If Brady had that much pull, then we should assume that Brady didn't wan't Branch here at all....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tommiller4025. Show tommiller4025's posts

You don't trade Moss because he is valuable to the offense and you won't get anything of quality for him. 
    His opinion is just that - HIS.  He was being realistic and he shouldn't be faulted for that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

YOU KEEP HIM
    please, or else DAVID PATTEN is your starting RECIEVER, Arghhh!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I think it might be time for me to take a break. I just read the word trepidacious on an internet message board. And it was almost spelled correctly. Who's been channeling Howard Cosell?
    Posted by p-mike

Trepidation, happy?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

Overreact

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tian707070. Show Tian707070's posts

I watched every single Pats game on NFL.com after the super bowl.

If I had a nickle for every half-assed attempt he made at blocking, rubber arming a pass or running routes I could be as wealthy as Mr. Kraft ...

Randy's ego is in the way of succeding, a three TD game in a route is not enough to log "BMOC" status in my book. 

And I am a Randy Moss fan from his Cris Carter Viking days !

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

You don't trade Moss because he is valuable to the offense and you won't get anything of quality for him.  His opinion is just that - HIS.  He was being realistic and he shouldn't be faulted for that.
    Posted by TomIV

And it is WRONG.....Just that, WRONG.  Ok, and DUMB.....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

YOU KEEP HIM please, or else DAVID PATTEN is your starting RECIEVER, Arghhh!
    Posted by Gulo

If the season started tomorrow....but thank God we have a whole off-season to replace Moss....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

I watched every single Pats game on NFL.com after the super bowl. If I had a nickle for every half-assed attempt he made at blocking, rubber arming a pass or running routes I could be as wealthy as Mr. Kraft ... Randy's ego is in the way of succeding, a three TD game in a route is not enough to log "BMOC" status in my book.  And I am a Randy Moss fan from his Cris Carter Viking days !
    Posted by Tian707070

So you watched the same thing I have.....the Alligator arms, half-assed plays and dropped passes...are more damaging than the good he does when he tries........

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i hate that there are those fans out there that are ready to get rid of moss.  as pats fans we should all know that he was speaking the truth, we all know how the organization is ran...
    Posted by msniii

sometimes..the truth hurts. and then there are those who can't handle the truth.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Even going back to 07' this team has had a predictable offense...and somehow thats on 81. He just had another 1260/13 year... with a bad back and shoulder.  Even with WW Randy was are only real consistant scoring threat...and this is his fault. How about building an actual team , you know , with a respectable running game , another human who can catch the ball and put up 6. And a D that didnt fold like a chair would help. You couldnt run a lemonade stand...leave the football and sports chite for the people who sit at the big boy table. Loser.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

In  2001 we didn't have anyone like Moss (T. Glenn had been sent packing).
    We won the whole thing with a 53 man roster filled with no name guys (exception being Drew Bledzoe) who played hard and smart. Everybody hustled. No prima donnas. I miss those days. 
    The Pats are rebuilding. I for one would trade Moss if another team wanted to give me a high pick.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Moss is a top 5 reciever in the NFL and this is the last year of his contract.

Yeah we had better dump him before it's too late.

Sections
Shortcuts