Trade Ryan Mallett To Texans In Exchange For Swapping 2nd Round Picks....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ExZimmermen. Show ExZimmermen's posts

Trade Ryan Mallett To Texans In Exchange For Swapping 2nd Round Picks....

This would work great for both teams.  O'Brien doesn't like any of the top QBs in this draft and is familar with Mallett, a 1st round talent when he came out, who has had the luxury of working under Brady for 3 seasons.  Mallett is going into his final year of the contract and will probably leave via FA next year for a chance to compete somewhere.   

Swapping the 2nd rounders would be a great move for the Patriots.  It basically gives us a late 1st round pick which we can use on DT or a playmaking TE.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Re: Trade Ryan Mallett To Texans In Exchange For Swapping 2nd Round Picks....

I can't see Houston doing this at all.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Way too much to give up.  More like Mallet plus a middle rounder. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

The way Brady has played in all his playoff losses, going back to 2005, I'd like to see the team keep Mallett.

I don't believe this team will win another SB with Brady.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ExZimmermen. Show ExZimmermen's posts

The Patriots would not trade Mallet for anything less than a 3rd rounder.  Houston swapping the pick would allow them to keep a number two and acquire a QB.    For the Patriots it would allow us a much better chance to draft two impact players in the first two rounds.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to CubanPete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The way Brady has played in all his playoff losses, going back to 2005, I'd like to see the team keep Mallett.

[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah he stinks. I bet you wish your jests had him. But with geno you might make 7-9. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I'm sure the Texans would love that deal.  The Patriots wouldn't.

Next we'll get to, "Trade Mallett for a Ham Sandwich." 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

to move up from the back of the 2nd to what is essentially a late 1st round pick would be like trading a 3rd rounder. It seems to work well for both sides as the Pats could get two high end players. I would like Hou's 5th tossed in too to make it a bit more even but not not an unreasonable trade

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to CubanPete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

and you think mallett gives us a better chance? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Paul_K's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

to move up from the back of the 2nd to what is essentially a late 1st round pick would be like trading a 3rd rounder. It seems to work well for both sides as the Pats could get two high end players. I would like Hou's 5th tossed in too to make it a bit more even but not not an unreasonable trade

[/QUOTE]

Agree. its not much to give up if your houston looking for your franchise QB. oB has the inside scoop on mallett, so if he thinks he has a shot to be the guy, then a very small price to pay. Good move for the pats as well. I. Don't see anything negative for either side in a swap of 2nds.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

I think they would do it for their 3rd round pick then Pats should take AJ McCaron from Alabama

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

How about Mallet for their 3rd? They get their QB without using either of their first 2 picks. We get a high 3rd which in this draft will give us a shot at another solid prospect. And by my count we still several holes to fill:

1. DT

2. DT/DE

3. LB

4. C

5. G

6. TE

7. WR to add to the competition this summer

That is a fair bit of need when you consider that we really do need the first 6 and many would argue the 7th as well. So adding a high 3rd / late 2nd might be better than only moving up in round 2.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How about Mallet for their 3rd? They get their QB without using either of their first 2 picks. We get a high 3rd which in this draft will give us a shot at another solid prospect. And by my count we still several holes to fill:

1. DT

2. DT/DE

3. LB

4. C

5. G

6. TE

That is a fair bit of need when you consider that we really do need the first 6 and many would argue the 7th as well. So adding a high 3rd / late 2nd might be better than only moving up in round 2.

[/QUOTE]

Don't forget to add QB to that list of needs if we trade away Mallett.  We'll need a backup just in case, and like Brady, Edelman can't throw to himself.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

It seems to me that if Mallett were as valuable a chip as some people here seem to think, that there would be more interest for him that we've seen thus far. Despite reports that this draft is the deepest in 20 years, the QB class appears to be weak. Only Blake Bortels appears to have what it takes to be a successful starting NFL QB.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

1. DT

2. DT/DE

3. LB

4. C

5. G

6. TE

[/QUOTE]

I'd do that in a heart beat. Then take McCarron or Murray in the 3rd or 4th respectively and you can get a starting RG or C with the very early 3rd