Trade up or Trade down?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from iambunty. Show iambunty's posts

Trade up or Trade down?

What would you rather:

Trading up to a hand full of spots to get pierre paul, graham, morgan or even mcclain?

Trading down to the top of the 2nd round thus giving us more value/depth and 4 picks in the 2nd round (and a later round pick added as well)?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

Re: Trade up or Trade down?

Trading down for a second and third would be cool.

Trading up a couple spots only for McClan would be just as cool.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In Response to Re: Trade up or Trade down?:

Go back and look at years past. How many of the 12 picks will make this team? Some won't and some will only play a small roll for a couple of years. How many real impact players do you get a chance to draft?

I vote for moving up if you think you can get a Ed Reed, Brian U, Patrick Willis, D Ware type. Still may miss (see Jets, Robertson, V Golston) but we need a stud on D.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I'm OK with whichever plan BB takes but with that said it is his mantra to trade down and gain picks,there are no sure things in any draft. The top three players maybe four this year will be good ones after that there really isn't a great deal of separation in talent.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

It depends on who they want and who's available. I wouldn't complain if they traded up to around the 10 pick and grab JPP. If there isn't anyone they are targetting that high then hold back to see who drops to #22. If say Kindle, Graham, or Odrick isn't available at #22 or the player they want isn't there they will trade down.

Personally I'd like to see if we could get away with trading a 2nd and say the 4th and using next years 1st (ours) to move up to grab JPP then moving down with #22 to get say a 2nd and 3rd back. So, in the end it would be like trading our 1st and a 1st next year to move up from the 4th to a 3rd and from #22 to get JPP. But I don't see that happening so who knows.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

trade up using oakland's 2011 #1 pick

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

How about staying put and pairing Weatherspoon with Mayo in round 1.  And then select Hughes, Hardesty, and Gronkowski in round 2.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

How about staying put and pairing Weatherspoon with Mayo in round 1.  And then select Hughes, Hardesty, and Gronkowski in round 2.
    Posted by PatsFanGermany

that's good, but we could go for it all this season instead of waiting for the future

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

trade up using oakland's 2011 #1 pick
    Posted by kansaspatriot

I feel like I am typing this over and over.  Why is the world would we do this?  It is just plain dumb.  This is a deep draft, NOT an elite draft.  So why get rid of a pick that could land us an elite player for much less money when the salary cap is back.  It is stupid to trade that pick.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

It's also dumb to trade up to get a MLB when we have bigger needs with our OLBs and DE position. Unless a Seymour/McGinest type DE/OLB is on the board I don't see it happening. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Mord:

You're still assuming 
    a) the Raiders will stink
    b) there will be a rookie cap

Both things are unsure, so I think it's dumb not to consider moving the pick into this years draft. You can't say for sure they'll get an elite player next year for sure. I think if you can get a very good to great player this year with that pick, then you go for it.

In Response to Re: Trade up or Trade down? : I feel like I am typing this over and over.  Why is the world would we do this?  It is just plain dumb.  This is a deep draft, NOT an elite draft.  So why get rid of a pick that could land us an elite player for much less money when the salary cap is back.  It is stupid to trade that pick.
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

It's also dumb to trade up to get a MLB when we have bigger needs with our OLBs and DE position. Unless a Seymour/McGinest type DE/OLB is on the board I don't see it happening. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

An ILB makes sense if the only OLB you can get your hands on is either a bad fit, or not a good value.  Improving the D can happen many ways.  If we had the 2 best CB's in the league don't you think the quality of the passrush is less important?  Same with the LB's.  Yes OLB is our weaker link, but if we had 2 great ILB, and a great front 3, then we shut down the run almost entirely.  This makes the opposing offense predictable, and therefore easier to stop.  We can just as easily add an ILB,DT/DE and CB to strength our D as add OLB DT OLB.  It is all a matter of value.  ILB and CB's can make OLB look "better than they are" as well.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from iambunty. Show iambunty's posts

I agree I do not want to trade 2011 first rounder because that should still be a top 10 pick....if McNabb went to Oakland then maybe it wouldnt be as high. Next years draft is not going to be as deep and if there are any premier LB's then we should be able to take one next year...If were trading up i want a DE, mostly JPP

Mcclain is good but i do not want to trade up to get him unless theres some sort of other pick thrown in with the trade where gain value.The only other pick i would use a different position is Berry

...but if we were to trade down then I would approve becasue we would get so much value in the second round, perhaps third with the trade off as well.

The importance of the early picks in the 2nd round is very hight and we have 4 picks in the second then I would be excited.

Sections
Shortcuts