Trade up to get this kid.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Re: Trade up to get this kid.

So he took Vollmer instead in the 2nd round and he hasn't been too shabby either; looks to be their LT of the future.....

1 to nothing you   lol

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

I keep hearing everyone talk about our pass rush, and yes, we need an 34 olb, but lets look back the last 3-4 drafts. So many bust at that position. In Bill I trust, so if he picks up one, ok, lets run w/ it. But I think we need a 34 end as much and there are 2-3 of them as well. Also Im a "best available guy" and we need help everywhere. I really like Thomas from Texas and Gilberts cuz from Bama. We need help at those spots as well. Also what about an ilb like McClain or Spikes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Bill Belichick never trades up more than five slots.  He loves his multiple second rounders.  He may well trade down and out of the first round or into next year, as he did this past April, twice, as he did with a pick the year before, and at least once  before that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

What if the Giants cut Osi Umenyiora, does anyone else think he would make a great OLB? He is a friend of Brady and he is pretty fast and athletic for a guy his size. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

CUT USI UMENYIORA???  WHY??????

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

romeus is definitely williemac size. his stats speak for itself so despite not really showing much dominance on thier bowl game, i'd give him befit of doubt. i prefer jerry hughes just because he seems more hyperactive. he showed he has strength. he definitely has a lot of speed. but then what are the chances he falls that far?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

houston, not the city of texas but the DL for texas. he has the quickness of morgan (maybe not that pursuit that morgan did on the qb). he'll get to the backfield enough. big enough for everyone's taste of a DL. really strong and good leverage...strong enough to push back a double team of OLs. if you tivoed the game today, you should play it to watch him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I think drafting a pass rusher is important, but I would also put WR, CB, RB, TE up there as well. 
    Assuming Welker will be out most of next year, that leaves us Moss (getting old) and Edelman (still young) to do the heavy lifting. Don't know Tate's status, or what he can contribute given his injuries, but seems to me we are wafer thin again at WR. Here are my draft wishes if BB keeps his picks and does not trade around:
    Round 1: Take your pick here between OLB and DE. I like Eric Norwood from South Carolina. I think he is undersized for BB's OLB spot, but BB needs to lighten up the requirements a bit. He is 6'1" and 252, fast, durable and smart. Only an inch or two shorter than AD. Projected as OLB or DE depending on 3-4, 4-3. Possible swap out this one with Round 2 (1st pick) depending on combine and other things.
    Round 2 (1st): Brandon LaFell (perhaps round 1) he won't be on the board very long. He has the size at WR we need. I like Wes and Edelman, but we need tall, thick receivers to compliment Moss and our smaller guys.
    Round 2 (2nd): Take a CB...the Wheatley / Wilhite experiment is over...plus who knows if we will resign Bodden...need depth here in a bad way. 
    Round 2 (3rd): Take a RB...Who do you think slips here?

THoughts?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

I think we should trade up to bench Wilhite.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from k-maxx. Show k-maxx's posts

I would take a bench over Wilhite.  Benches don't give 12 yard cushions.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

We also have a third rounder from last year, this kid McKenzie pending he gets 100% will be a nice addition to the LBs.  He will help stop the run, which will allow OLBs to be sent to rush more consistently.

Him and Tate will add to depth and could contribute at minimum in special teams which we need help in.

If McKenzie comes and can play ILB, that would free up Guyton to play his college OLB position which could translate to another pass rusher.  He could be AD's replacement, has played both as the weak and strong side LB.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Medic87. Show Medic87's posts

Nick you are absolutely right,  live in TN have watched Berry play every week,  he is awesome.  I would love to see us move up for him,  however I still believe we will move down if anything.   Berry could be a #1 pick, but wont be because of team needs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ush. Show ush's posts

Guyton needs to be replaced. Guy gets tossed around like a rag doll in the middle. Hopefully McKenzie can help. While I'm on the topic of hating...Stephen Neal had an awful game last week vs. the Texans as he couldn't handle Mario Williams, but who really can.

I agree that getting a pass rush would help a lot too.

Also, we need to draft a WR that can eventually replace Moss and also a RB to replace Maroney.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Geez can we get through the playoffs first... 

Beside you guys are primarily focusing on guys we would never draft.  Undersized defensive ends who can't drop back into coverage... just forget it, we'll NEVER be an exclusively 4/3 team.  It doesn't make sense financially or philosophically to BB's line of thinking.  Defensive tackles and ends are harder to find and more expensive to keep, plus a 3/4 defense is faster and more athletic. 

Knowing your history with Bill and the draft... trade up?  Not likely...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Wozzy, If you think it's too early for draft talk, don't read a draft thread.....pretty simple concept.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I'm trying to save some stuff to talk about in the offseason, believe me, when the season is over the football depraved masses will need fresh topics to kick around. It's playoff time... 

Moreover nearly everyone of these threads suggests BB is going to simply change the alignment of his defense to fit somebody in.  Really?

I don't take anything I say seriously, neither should you...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I take my own opinion seriously, whether it matters in the grand scheme of things (which it doesn't) is another subject......

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Wozzy and ALL:

~BB DID Draft last year 2 players who neither have the size to become exclusive 3-4 DEs, or the bulk of a 3-4 NT.  Daryl Richard and Myron Pryor have the exact look and play of 3-4 DTs, and to a good degree, potential 3-4 DEs.  Personally, I believe Bill Belichick has been tinkering around...The past few years it seems that BB has attempted (mostly unsuccessfully) to keep his front 7 look the same in a 3-4, while trying various schemes to get more speed on the field: a hybrid LB/S, smaller CBs, and finally equal sized Safeties.  The 4-3 Teams after the Giants/Pats SB really are making a comeback as the more successful per average over the 3-4 Teams... 

The 4-3 adds certain positive elements over the 3-4, Although less versatile, THAT becomes a lesser factor with so many intelligent QBs these days reading D's and making line audibles.  The 4-3 has the extra QB pressuring right on the LOS-While fielding smaller DEs/NT...  The 4-3 still keeps the weight of having an extra D-lineman, but with greater speed than a larger mostly run-stuffing-so-the-OLB-can-make-the-play, 3-4 DE.  SO having the extra weight on the field in that extra D-Lineman, 4-3 OLBs can be undersized BUT altogether faster players. 

ALL these things just make sense in the high-scoring pass-happy NFL of today.  In this sense BB can finally disguise coverage schemes in his secondary with those dual-safeties of his now, rather than having an obviously bigger LOS-crowding/blitzing/run-support Strong Safety and a certain deep-ball smaller Free Safety, One doesn't know which safety will do what anymore... 

~FINALLY, You take into account that N.E. DOESN'T have a great H.O.F. 3-4 DE that's a QB threat (Seymour), OR a decent Strong Inside Linebacker (Ted Johnson), OR (Willie Mac) an all-versatile pass-rush OLB, AND IT makes sense that we've seen Bill Belichick deploy more 4-3 Defenses this year than we've EVER seen in his tenure here, and quite possibly MORE 4-3 D's for the future... 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from k-maxx. Show k-maxx's posts

I think we need a few more 5'9" DB's and some 7th Round/ Undrafted Free Agent LB's.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I haven't seen 4/3 at all this season, mostly 3/4 when we've had a strong pass rush (and better all around) and a 2/4/5 defense with Burgess and Thomas or Banta Cain playing in a three point stance which wasn't as strong; they might be playing with a hand down but neither of those guys is a defensive end in todays NFL.

I think BB has been resting his defensive tackles all season by playing them less and giving some young defensive tackles a shot.