Trade Vince

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Trade Vince

I just don't think they have the personel to run the 3-4. If we had all the pieces in place and under contract; I'm talking about rush outside guys, stout middle backers and a young Seymour on the end, then I would break the bank for him.
    If you switch to a 4-3 then you can move Warren inside with Pryor and Brace, make Wright the strong side end and supplement one of the quicker smaller guys to rush from the weak side.

If you get say a first and a third for Vince you could draft a 4-3 end or backer. It seems like we fight all the other teams now that play the 3-4 for the same players and we loose out every year. The kid from Michigan would of been there at 21 until his game in the senior bowl yesterday, now every one that runs the 3-4 will try and gobble him up. Use the money you save on Vince to fill some of our holes and build a strong 4-3. What do you think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: Trade Vince

mthurl I thought they were going to switch last year,you are right about the personel being a betterr fit for the 4-3,however this is a pass happy league and if you are going to run that alignment you better have a pass rushing DE and the Patriots are lacking that guy.. As for trading Wilfork I think it would be in the Patriots best interest to trade him for the extra picks as from what I can tell the draft is loaded with the players necessary to rebuild this team and though everyone is always telling me it can't be done overnight,I believe that it can with the right combination of draft picks and FA signings..BB needs to be in sync with his chi so he doesn't get this draft wrong..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I agree, but no way we are getting picks for him at that leve, without having a contract in place.  and no point signing him.  Franchise him, trade him, but we will only get a 2nd at best.  i agree about the 4-3, even Coach B said its getting hard to find the parts, and I dont think its the way to beat some teams (Colts, Saints)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidSeattle. Show DavidSeattle's posts

YES, TRADE VINCE

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

IMO we don't or better said as of March 5th will not have the players to run either D.

I don't think I trust the guys mentioned to be starters every game.  This means you would need to bring at least two additional DL.  If thats the case why not keep a 34 D, I think it is more effective than 43 when opperated correctly with playmakers (we are getting those this offseason).

Now LBs, in a 43 that MLB is key I love Mayo I just don't know if he's ready to take over that role.  Who would play sam or wil LB?  You need to bring some guys to be able to improve that group so why not bring guys who fit a 34?

I think regardless you need better players than what you have now.  There's a reason why so many teams are moving to a 34 D, it is a nasty set and can give QBs nightmares when you have the players to properly execute the plays, we don't have them but will get them this offseason.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Kinda of funny to think a team coached by Bill won't be able to run the 3-4 or 4-3, but looking at the personell right now it does look that way a little. I think however Mayo can play inside in a 4-3; he played outside and middle in the 4-3 in college. And it seems the defensive lineman they have now make good 4-3 defensive tackles, but not ends. The ends seem to be what is killing this team. Jarvis Green was a dud this year and is gone. Wright did have 6 sacks, how I don't know but he may make a decent end over right tackle. Guyton physicaly looks like a 4-3 outside backer; which is another reason why I don't like him in the middle of the 3-4. But yeah on paper this doesn't look to impressive. It will be interesting to see what direction Bill goes with this.

If Bill spends the money on Vince then any pressure players we get will have to be from the draft because there won't be much left over. And I don't want to hear them say that there just aren't any guys worthy of the 21st pick this year, while the team trading into our spot grabs a potential pro bowler or solid starter.  

Sections
Shortcuts