Trade Wilfork for a 2010 First Round Pick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from deman3392. Show deman3392's posts

Trade wilfork and could sign terrence cody(2nd round) out of alabama BB is already talking to saban about him

plus, he's 370 lbs. he can jam the run by busting through the whole oline

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Re: Trade Wilfork for a 2010 First Round Pick

I approve this message, but would prefer a 4-3 tackle in the mid-first.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Trade a very good NT in his prime in order to take a chance on another NT in the draft to replace him?  If a guy is good enough to come in and play at Wilfork's level from day 1 he's going real high, which means he'd cost the Pats about as much.

If we were loaded with NT's and we needed something else, maybe.  That's not the case though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

first focus on resigning him, because without that we wont be able to keep him, let alone trade him

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

That makes no sense whatsoever. Just because the guy is 370 lbs, you think he's a better player than fork? Right out of the gate? and he'll be available in the 2nd round? ridiculous.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Cody could be a piece to the puzzle should the Patriots decide too trade Wilfork otherwise they are not a match for the big kid from Alabama. Also there is no way Big vince goes anywheres for just one draft choice. The Patriots will franchise him first.. Arenas is small but he can cover his guy so he's a possibility if he's available in the second round. Unfortunately the Patriots are in need at each position on Defense with the exception of DT,and they need at least one receiver and an O-lineman plus a RB on offense. So the question that will be haunting the Patriots from now until draft day is whether to draft in the first round or to trade out and try and acquire a 2nd and a third for their first round pick. As of right now the receiving corps is desperately thin,they have only Julien Edelman,Randy Moss,Brandon Tate,Sam Aikens and I.Stansback as receivers,with 3 guys on the PS,and of course Wesley Welker when he regains his health. As for RB's they are long in the tooth ! Both Morris and Taylor are aging faster than the second hand sweeps around the watch on your wrist...It's a strong draft class this is the year for everyone to get the players they need. The needs of the Patriots are speed on Defense,and play makers on offense.. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Terrence Cody comes with a huge warning sign.  I think he was not used in passing situations at Alabama.  There was something about being a two down player or some such. 

Anybody who weighs that much needs a warning label.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I don't think trading VW in the hopes you land a NT in the draft is a good option.  There are only 3 or 4 NT of VW's ability in the NFL.  Cody might turn into one but that's unknown.

I think if the NT from the Steelers can be signed at a cheaper price then you tag VW and trade him then but to trade him with no real option to replace him is taking a step back not improving.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Don't like it. Vince is one of the only stable pieces on this defense, and trading him away so we can select Cody is crazy. 

Like others, I would be open to trading him for Suh or McCoy possibly, but we still have a whole at NT, and if Brace had stepped up, perhaps this would make sense. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Yup lets trade one of the best NTs in the game for an unknown fat guy and hope he does the job. Brilliant! I nominate you to replace BB as coach.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2010/seniorbowl/monday.html

above is a link to some Senior Bowl news.  It talks about the disappointment of scouts on Cody coming in weighing so much.  It appears they were expecting him to weigh in under 350.  Ouch!  I see someones stock slipping.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

First things first - try to resign wilfork. hes a known probowler. If he holds out and no contract is agreed upon then you trade him for a 1st rounder.

Secondly - wilfork like Cody comes off during passing plays so nothing would be missed.

Thirdly dont just take a guys weight and be like this guy is a mauler. At 370 lbs you need to know if he has the muscle behind that fat. The bench press reps will be key before and at the combine. At his weight -he would have to put up more than 32 reps to impress me.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I would have to disagree with your assessment.  Cody is a two down player.  He has issues with his weight and scouts are concerned.  His stock drops.

Wilfork will be franchised, no CBA and if there is still no agreement by 2011 it will be a lock out year. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

More important than how much he can press is how he is on his feet. A big side of beef NT isn't much use if he can only stand in one spot like a concrete barrier.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

If Belichick is asking about another big fat guy that is further evidence that Brace is a BUST

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

There's no salary cap anymore.  Sign him or franchise him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Laughable. Trade arguably your best player on defense. A proven pro bowler who not only is rarely movable against double teams but a player also known to be so athletic as to chase plays down down-field from behind. One of the few veteran defensive leaders remaining AND a rare character guy who actually honors the full extent of his contract without holding out for more.

For what exactly?

A kid with nothing but question marks about him. A kid with "potential". Unproven. A kid who shows up to the senior bowl practices overweight and out of shape. A kid who many question his heart, his desire, his discipline, his work ethic. A kid who so far in 2 days of senior bowl practices has done more to reaffirm those questions than to quiet them. 

Why exactly would the patriots want to do this again?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Yeah, trade 'em all for first round picks!  Then count them; treasure them, before they are spent...like gold...MY PRECIOUS!  Then, before trade a bunch for more first round picks next year...AND the year after that...and so on.

Of course, eventually, someone will have to play ball...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Would not be surprised if this happened

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

The way the Pats have been doing business the past couple years - nothing would suprise me now.  Who knows what they'll do.   Maybe they will Franchise him and then trade him? - Maybe they will re-sign him to a long term deal which VW will be happy?  OR Franchise him and then he'll take that as a slap in the face so he'll just HOLD out for the whole year.  WHO KNOWS!!!

I think the Pats better stop worrying about this CBA and take care of the Patriot Football team and LOAD it up with FA's and wheel N Deal with other teams like they did in 07' ! so this week NEXT year we are preparing for SB45!!