Trades?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Trades?

There is a lot of activity going around the league tonight as teams shuffle their rosters. Belichick said there is a lot of moving parts right now as the process of finalizing the roster takes shape this weekend. Lord knows this happens every year and we need some unforseen help do to Bodden and Warren kicking the bucket before the season even began. The way things are going right now I don't see them landing anyone that will help, is there anyone out there that we'll trade for that will make a difference?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Trades?

In Response to Trades?:
    [QUOTE]There is a lot of activity going around the league tonight as teams shuffle their rosters. Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

You got inside info?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Well, we need help w/ pass rush and secondary. We are deep at WR, ILB, and TEs.
    Who can we trade? Moss? Probably not because we need a #1 - and he's it.
    Edelman? Possibly, if the Patriots think Tate is going to perform as well as Edelman.
    One of our TEs? No, cuz that would really mess up our potential to mix things up this year.

Mebbe one of our ILBs for a decent OLB.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Trades?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Trades? : You got inside info?
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the internet.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from haldager. Show haldager's posts

No important trades are gonna happen. I cant see any team releasing any of their high-impact players. This has been a very boring off season with few big name FAs. Its like every team is ready to pay their butt off to keep their star-players (except...well..guess who...:-). The biggest unsigned name right now is actually a Patriot.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I don't know if anyone likes Mayo, Spikes, or Guyton, but I think they could be expendable for the right OLB (with Spikes having the most value right now).

I also think that any of our receivers is fair game because our depth is so good right now.  I think Edelman and Tate are fair game, although I agree that Moss is untouchable because of the way that he single-handedly alters the way that opposing defenses play us.

I feel like our depth at safety is pretty good, too.  With Merriweather and Chung starting, I think McGowan's man-coverage on tight ends would be valuable in the NFC East where every team has a pass-catching tight end.  I also think that James Sanders would be valued by teams like Denver and Kansas City that are running similar systems.  Sergio Brown would stay for his upside and his special teams play, although I guess you could ship him off too for the right price.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

C'mon it's LABOR DAY weekend NOT skip your meds w/e....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

I wouldn't trade Edelman.  He can help and is great backup in case of injuries.  Imagine him and Welker and Moss on the field all at once.  Who do they stop?
    Question is...where the heck is he had where has he been?  Is this Russia or what?  Tell us what the heck is going on?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobomul. Show bobomul's posts

The Professors list of possible cuts:

Arizona Cardinals
    quarterback Matt Leinart went from early line starter to on the bubble because of his inability to persuade coach Ken Whisenhunt he can run the team's offense at a playoff level.

Now, he's going to be traded or possibly cut. Between now and 6 p.m. ET Saturday afternoon, more than 700 players have to be moved off rosters as teams trim from 75 to 53 players. Expect plenty of little trades and lots of waiver claims. Teams hoping to slide young offensive linemen, wide receivers and cornerbacks through the waivers with hopes of getting them on practice squads will have problems. Those positions are in demand, particularly for young, low-paid talent.

Many interesting names are on the bubble as teams make their decisions.

Wide receivers:
    Could the Seahawks trade wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh even though he has a $7 million guaranteed in his contract? Probably not, but his name projects to the bubble even though odds favor him staying. The Cowboys have Sam Hurd on the bubble and might see if they can get trade value for him. Dallas dealt Patrick Crayton to San Diego on Friday. Saints receiver Adrian Arrington has had a great training camp, but he's on the bubble if the Saints stay with five receivers. The Steelers signed Arnaz Battle as a backup receiver and special-teams player, but draft choices Emmanuel Sanders and Antonio Brown did so well, Battle is on the bubble. Former first-round pick Michael Clayton is on the bubble in Tampa Bay because of the good, young receivers added to the team in the past two years.

Running backs:
    The Redskins must decide between Larry Johnson and Willie Parker for the final running back spot, but Parker is clearly on the bubble. Willis McGahee of the Ravens and Marshawn Lynch of the Bills should make their teams, but the right trade offer could put either on the move. The Bears could give up on tiny running back Garrett Wolfe, a third-round pick in 2007. Laurence Maroney is on the bubble after an inactive preseason but could survive if the Patriots keep five backs. The Seahawks have halfback Julius Jones on the bubble after two unproductive years.

Quarterbacks:
    Leinart heads the list. Charlie Whitehurst probably saved his No. 2 job in Seattle with Thursday night's performance in Oakland, but nothing is certain with the Seahawks' roster. Troy Smith is a nice luxury for the Ravens, but if they need an extra roster spot for a cornerback, the Ravens could part with Smith, who is third behind Joe Flacco and Marc Bulger. The Raiders have to sort out whether to keep Bruce Gradkowski, Kyle Boller and Colt Brennan as backups. All are on the bubble. Chris Simms of the Titans is on the bubble because the coaching staff likes sixth-rounder Rusty Smith as a third quarterback.

Offensive line:
    The Packers have excess and are willing to part with either Breno Giacomini or Allen Barbre, two former draft choices. The Seahawks have to decide whether free-agent signings Ben Hamilton and Chester Pitts are healthy enough to be contributors or potential starters. The Cardinals could part ways with guard Reggie Wells or Deuce Lutui after adding guards Alan Faneca and Rex Hadnot. The Jaguars have former third-round choice Vince Manuwai or Uche Nwaneri on the bubble if they want the luxury of keeping Justin Smiley.

Defense:
    The Browns and Bills are overloaded in the secondary. The Bills are five deep at corner and have Ashton Youboty and Reggie Corner on the bubble. The Browns have upgraded enough at corner that Brandon McDonald is on the bubble. The Broncos traded a 2010 first-round pick for cornerback Alphonso Smith, but the 2009 second-rounder is now on the bubble. The Texans could part ways with high-price cornerback Jacques Reeves.

I'd look at Reggie Corner or Jacques Reeves for the Pats as posssibilities.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview10/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=5528270

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfpat. Show sfpat's posts

I live in Houston.  Jacques Reeves stinks.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanra. Show PatsFanra's posts

Have inside source for Pittsburgh....Maroney for Justin Hartwig.  Steelers have faith with Maurice Pouncey at center.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]Have inside source for Pittsburgh....Maroney for Justin Hartwig.  Steelers have faith with Maurice Pouncey at center.
    Posted by PatsFanra[/QUOTE]

You're kidding right? Hartwig is going to be cut isn't he? I can't picture the Steelers wanting a dancer like Maroney, they don't go for that crap. Come to think of it neither does Belichick.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]I don't know if anyone likes Mayo, Spikes, or Guyton, but I think they could be expendable for the right OLB (with Spikes having the most value right now). I also think that any of our receivers is fair game because our depth is so good right now.  I think Edelman and Tate are fair game, although I agree that Moss is untouchable because of the way that he single-handedly alters the way that opposing defenses play us. I feel like our depth at safety is pretty good, too.  With Merriweather and Chung starting, I think McGowan's man-coverage on tight ends would be valuable in the NFC East where every team has a pass-catching tight end.  I also think that James Sanders would be valued by teams like Denver and Kansas City that are running similar systems.  Sergio Brown would stay for his upside and his special teams play, although I guess you could ship him off too for the right price.
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

As I read your post I realize just how thin we are. Trading any of the spots that you mentioned would leave us pretty thin and not very good. At first glance our reciever spot looks deep and talented, but where is Edelman? Has Price shown enough? Is Welker really back? He said he wasn't feeling right, as you'd expect. Has Tate shown that he's the real deal? Moss has had some injuries and can go south in the head when things are not going right. The tight end spot I think will eleviate the pressure from this group and help the backs as well. The offfense will have to click from the get go until Bill finds out what he has on D and can field the best unit he can, because they don't look very pretty right now.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]The Professors list of possible cuts: Arizona Cardinals quarterback Matt Leinart went from early line starter to on the bubble because of his inability to persuade coach Ken Whisenhunt he can run the team's offense at a playoff level. Now, he's going to be traded or possibly cut. Between now and 6 p.m. ET Saturday afternoon, more than 700 players have to be moved off rosters as teams trim from 75 to 53 players. Expect plenty of little trades and lots of waiver claims. Teams hoping to slide young offensive linemen, wide receivers and cornerbacks through the waivers with hopes of getting them on practice squads will have problems. Those positions are in demand, particularly for young, low-paid talent. Many interesting names are on the bubble as teams make their decisions. Wide receivers: Could the Seahawks trade wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh even though he has a $7 million guaranteed in his contract? Probably not, but his name projects to the bubble even though odds favor him staying. The Cowboys have Sam Hurd on the bubble and might see if they can get trade value for him. Dallas dealt Patrick Crayton to San Diego on Friday. Saints receiver Adrian Arrington has had a great training camp, but he's on the bubble if the Saints stay with five receivers. The Steelers signed Arnaz Battle as a backup receiver and special-teams player, but draft choices Emmanuel Sanders and Antonio Brown did so well, Battle is on the bubble. Former first-round pick Michael Clayton is on the bubble in Tampa Bay because of the good, young receivers added to the team in the past two years. Running backs: The Redskins must decide between Larry Johnson and Willie Parker for the final running back spot, but Parker is clearly on the bubble. Willis McGahee of the Ravens and Marshawn Lynch of the Bills should make their teams, but the right trade offer could put either on the move. The Bears could give up on tiny running back Garrett Wolfe , a third-round pick in 2007. Laurence Maroney is on the bubble after an inactive preseason but could survive if the Patriots keep five backs. The Seahawks have halfback Julius Jones on the bubble after two unproductive years. Quarterbacks: Leinart heads the list. Charlie Whitehurst probably saved his No. 2 job in Seattle with Thursday night's performance in Oakland, but nothing is certain with the Seahawks' roster. Troy Smith is a nice luxury for the Ravens, but if they need an extra roster spot for a cornerback, the Ravens could part with Smith, who is third behind Joe Flacco and Marc Bulger . The Raiders have to sort out whether to keep Bruce Gradkowski , Kyle Boller and Colt Brennan as backups. All are on the bubble. Chris Simms of the Titans is on the bubble because the coaching staff likes sixth-rounder Rusty Smith as a third quarterback. Offensive line: The Packers have excess and are willing to part with either Breno Giacomini or Allen Barbre , two former draft choices. The Seahawks have to decide whether free-agent signings Ben Hamilton and Chester Pitts are healthy enough to be contributors or potential starters. The Cardinals could part ways with guard Reggie Wells or Deuce Lutui after adding guards Alan Faneca and Rex Hadnot . The Jaguars have former third-round choice Vince Manuwai or Uche Nwaneri on the bubble if they want the luxury of keeping Justin Smiley . Defense: The Browns and Bills are overloaded in the secondary. The Bills are five deep at corner and have Ashton Youboty and Reggie Corner on the bubble. The Browns have upgraded enough at corner that Brandon McDonald is on the bubble. The Broncos traded a 2010 first-round pick for cornerback Alphonso Smith , but the 2009 second-rounder is now on the bubble. The Texans could part ways with high-price cornerback Jacques Reeves . I'd look at Reggie Corner or Jacques Reeves for the Pats as posssibilities. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview10/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=5528270
    Posted by bobomul[/QUOTE]

now this is the way to specualte about trades, good info.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from War-Eagle. Show War-Eagle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trades? : Absolutely!  If you are just one injury prone, fumbling, bad running back away from a superbowl run, Mauroney is your guy.  I'd give a 15th round pick for him in a heartbeat.
    Posted by PhatRex[/QUOTE]

A 15th round pick for Mauroney ? ok he's yours !!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

It's a good time to pay seventh rounders and pick up JAGs.  31 NFL teams are making tough choices and at least one of them is about to toss out what BB could use.  I think the Patriots are talent-rich and would prefer to gain a seventh rounder from an NFC team, rather than have the Jets pick up the same guy for nothing.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.