TRADES

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ejb222. Show ejb222's posts

TRADES

I know that trades are not as prominent in the NFL as they are in MLB or NBA, but just had a passing thought about the reality behind possible trades in the Pats future before the deadline.

With Hernandez out, this may be even more unlikely, but what do you think the chances are that if Edelman shows himself to be a viable replacement for Welker that the Pats would deal the 32yo Welker for OL or another receiver? With Hernandez healthy, it seemed like a plausable idea considering the contract status of Welker and the shifting offense. A real replacement for Brian Waters was never realized and a bolstered OL would certainly help the run and protection of Brady. Also, If Edelman is as effective in game as they said he has been in preseason, then Welker seems a bit redundant...especially at the price and age.

What or who do you think the Pats could get for him?

I for one wouldn't be for the trade unless it was strongly in the favor of NE. But trading away Nomar seemed horrid at the time too. Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

Re: TRADES

I dont see them trading for a new wr.  A lot of good receivers can't hang in this system as you've seen in the past.  it is too much of a risk.  Bring back Algae Crumps and Brian Waters.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to ejb222's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I know that trades are not as prominent in the NFL as they are in MLB or NBA, but just had a passing thought about the reality behind possible trades in the Pats future before the deadline.

With Hernandez out, this may be even more unlikely, but what do you think the chances are that if Edelman shows himself to be a viable replacement for Welker that the Pats would deal the 32yo Welker for OL or another receiver? With Hernandez healthy, it seemed like a plausable idea considering the contract status of Welker and the shifting offense. A real replacement for Brian Waters was never realized and a bolstered OL would certainly help the run and protection of Brady. Also, If Edelman is as effective in game as they said he has been in preseason, then Welker seems a bit redundant...especially at the price and age.

What or who do you think the Pats could get for him?

I for one wouldn't be for the trade unless it was strongly in the favor of NE. But trading away Nomar seemed horrid at the time too. Thoughts?

[/QUOTE]

A wide receiver who can pick up the blitz and block in the middle? Where do you get those

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ejb222. Show ejb222's posts

What about OL and picks?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to ejb222's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What about OL and picks?

[/QUOTE]

A much more realistic view ecxept for the amount of time it would take to get up to speed on all the complicated blocking schemes. It would be nice to have a back that can block too but don't tell Babe. It would conflict with his endless attacks on BJGE.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSthebest. Show PATSthebest's posts

Traiding Welker would be a tough decision. There's a reason he's got some many balls thrown to him. Brady's style is the short pass and Welker has been his security blanket.

Welker has caused defenses to change coverage, I don't think Edelman will ge the same attention.

If we're serious about a Super Bowl run we should keep him, negotiate a new contract and worry about a trade next year.

If we win the Superbowl the money spent on Wes will be well worth it.

Sections
Shortcuts